"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 02:56:28 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Am i doing it right? Sniper build.  (Read 1373 times)

Am i doing it right? Sniper build.
« on: September 10, 2011, 08:19:02 pm »

Hello all, I'm newbie, from the beginning I want to apologize for my poor English abilities :D

ST 2
PE 9
EN 6/4
CH 1
IN 6
AG 7/9
LK 10

Perks : Awareness -> More Crit -> Better crit -> Life giver -> Weapon handling -> more crit -> sharpshooter.

tags :  SG, doc, FA
traits : small frame -  good natured/finesse

questions :
1)4 en and 9 ag or 6 en and 7 ag ? which one and why ?
2) good natured or finesse ? which one and why ?
3) shall i take sharpshooter perk earlier or later?(as i wrote up there ) why why why ?
4) what if i  would take 5en 7ag, no small frame? (this little weight carry makes me saaad)
5) sharpshooter adds +2 pe for determining range. I have read somewhere that SPECIAL stat can't equal more than 10  - does it mean sharpshooter is useless with 9 PE , it adds only 1 ?
6)where to hunt ?(exp)

Thanks for help :) 

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
Re: Am i doing it right? Sniper build.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 09:26:43 pm »

You must search some snipers builds at:
http://www.nitue.net/fcp/
design tons of builds, dont copy one existing, and maybe after lots of headaches you will be able to make some of your own builds

1.-you need a par number of AG because AP (visit the wiki: http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Main_Page)
2.-Finesse is for cripplers you wont do as much of damage but you will hinabilite the enemy (ask angry n00bs for info)
3.-There is no matter, but keep in count that you may need 2 or 1 Toughness.
4.-Little CW is for especialized builds,you can easily fight this way but you cant loot many things.
5.-yes its useless with 9PE
6.-See for newbie guides in the Survival Guides/Game Help. My favorite is near V13 there you can easily hunt molerats (shot to the head, they have no eyes). West of Necropolis you can farm Hunting Rifles from Ghouls (you need to be at least lvl10). Also around Junktown you may find many Mantises they are good hunt too.
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies

Nexxos

• o_O
  • O_o
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 09:30:40 pm »

1)4 en and 9 ag or 6 en and 7 ag ? which one and why ?
2) good natured or finesse ? which one and why ?
3) shall i take sharpshooter perk earlier or later?(as i wrote up there ) why why why ?
4) what if i  would take 5en 7ag, no small frame? (this little weight carry makes me saaad)
5) sharpshooter adds +2 pe for determining range. I have read somewhere that SPECIAL stat can't equal more than 10  - does it mean sharpshooter is useless with 9 PE , it adds only 1 ?
6)where to hunt ?(exp)

1. It's a preference question actually, speed vs survivability. Personally, I would lean towards speed more.

2. Good natured is better, but this can be only my opinion too. With finesse, your leveling in the start would be much harder, and finesse is often used with builds having the maximum possible critical chance.

3. It's not that much of an importance in leveling, more like the final step of the leveling process, it improves your inititative because you'll get a bigger line of sight. I would choose it as the last perk.

4. EN5 isn't good, it's not good to take uneven amount (3, 5, 7, 9), better to take 4 / 6. But if you want, another option is to take EN4, AG7, no small frame, and put the remaining point into IN or something.

5. The perk doesn't really increase your perception, but it does add you 2 virtual points of PE, your sight range is increased, but the points won't have any effect in hit chance calculations. The perk only adds 8% for hit chance, and isn't affected by any calculations, it's just the 8%.

6. You can hunt rats in the start, various kinds. Or any unarmored targets, they're very vulnerable to hollow-point (JHP) ammunition, like the critters around Redding. After you've gotten some weapon skill, it's good to start killing Molerats, they are... quite vulnerable to eyeshots. Mutated molerats are of course better, but much more tough. Too bad for them to be vulnerable for eyeshots.

The build itself is easily manageable and quite newbie-friendly, as the high PE helps in the start. Also, your build isn't going to be much of a druggist, it's manageable with even the cheapest of the consumables (Nuka-cola and Cigarettes), both can be even obtained through dialog.
“And we passed through the cavern of rats.

And we passed through the path of streaming flamethrowers.

And we passed through the faction of the blind.

And we passed through the slough of swarm.

And we passed through the vale of tears.

And we came, finally, to the ice caverns.
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 09:31:55 pm »

5.-yes its useless with 9PE
Why? It's not useless with any PE, it adds +6 hex range and +8% to hit regardless of your PE.

About EN, if you have no support, it means you're sniper-loner, if you're loner you better to have 10 EN. <10 EN = you'll die very fast.
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 07:16:14 am »

Here is my opinion.

4 10 4 1 6 10 6
Small frame, Good Natured.
Awaraness ->More Criticals -> Better Criticals ->Life giver -> Life giver -> Bonus rate of fire ->More Criticals.

Small Guns 205
First Aid 105
Outdoorsman 150
(Doctor 55)
We’ve died a million times but we are not the walking dead
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 09:22:45 am »

With sacrificing a bit of luck (luck 7) and low final hp (147 or so..) you can make jet sniper with 13 AP (which is 2 eyeshots almost instantly) and brof witf 95% eyeshot on 50hex and 56hex sigth range. And you have to have weapon handling and ST 1. (it means that you can carry only your gear and never use metal armour.) Worked good on TC and big battles. I sometimes needed to return to tent after i shot 50 shots at enemy.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 22 queries.