"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 29, 2024, 01:25:30 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [Reviewed] tent disappearing  (Read 12217 times)

[Reviewed] tent disappearing
« on: September 08, 2011, 04:42:21 pm »

Hey Folks!

What about this:

If your tent disappears, will it stay on the worldmap and players can encounter them, with all the fine stuff parked in it.
Maybe the location would be moved, so the tent-holder can't simple walk back and take everything.

Just want to share this one with you and want to know what you think about this one. Don't know if this is possible to "code" or "program".
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 11:45:56 am by scypior »
Don't forget the hair, robert

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
Re: tent disappearing
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 06:04:03 pm »

[ironic] Instead of disappering you say? I dunno, sound a little too... logic ;) [/ironic]
Maybe tent location would be moved, so the tent-holder can't simple walk back and take everything
I havent understood that part. What do you mean?
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 08:34:49 pm »

Hard to get that sentence, but maybe its about: new created tent, has exactly the same container (full of your stuff).

But its highly abuseable - almost free (10 hides/1000caps) taxi of all your gear.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 12:53:52 am »

This would be interesting, I think suggested before. Anyway, the way I think would be best is:

The tent is deleted after 4 weeks, then up to 1 week after that, a player would have the option of finding a semi-special encounter called "You encounter: An abandoned tent".

So, after 4 weeks, it loses world-map viewing to owner, but anyone could still encounter it (rare chance, but more common than Bunker because the majority of tents abandoned would be noobs' tents).
After a total of 5 weeks, the server would finally delete the tent.

Maybe tent location would be moved, so the tent-holder can't simple walk back and take everything
I think he means that, for example, if you put a tent 1 North of NCR, it wouldn't be able to be encountered exactly at 1 North of NCR after it disappears to owner, so that if the owner logs back on, he couldn't just trace it. The location would become random, or at least the same general area.

Though, chances are the person that hadn't been online for 4 weeks isn't going to be on for the 5th week (if it only stays for one week. It can't stay forever or that would defeat the whole purpose of the feature that saves server space).
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 05:29:51 am »

That's a good idea abe and them only being able to be found for a week would stop the problem of having 5000 tents possible to be found due to leavers, I think it would be nice if there were a group of raiders or something that would start using the tent so you may have to fight for whatever has been left in it.

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 09:04:09 am »

nice new activity for players, I likey!
Maybe add the possibility to scavenge the abandoned tent to get x brahmin hides out of it, thus deleting it in an instant (exit to worldmap trigger)
So it wont remain there for the rest of the week beeing emptied by a lucky treasure hunter.
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 09:44:20 am »

Abe, there will be about zillion encounters of that tent... and as far as i know fonline players, half of that tents will contains 5 mercenaries, shooting at sight. Just imagine, how many alts stops their lifes in fonline...

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 11:24:58 am »

Sounds not bad to me, will think about it, unless I forget!

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 11:26:39 am »

Just imagine, how many alts stops their lifes in fonline...

>Implying stopping alts is a bad thing  ;D

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
Re: [Reviewed] tent disappearing
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 12:22:51 pm »

Abe, there will be about zillion encounters of that tent... and as far as i know fonline players, half of that tents will contains 5 mercenaries, shooting at sight. Just imagine, how many alts stops their lifes in fonline...
Well, mercs might be erased, or just stay there cause they "werent payed good enough to stay there a month".
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 01:29:49 pm »

I doubt this would be implemented without a wipe and as such mercs being there would not be a problem since they will require pay assuming they disappear once you have not paid them.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 10:21:50 pm »

I think it would be nice if there were a group of raiders or something that would start using the tent so you may have to fight for whatever has been left in it.
Yes I agree that sounds good. If possible by engine, it would be nice if the number of items on the ground or in the crate affected the difficulty of enemy that spawned in the abandoned tent.

And yes, mercenaries could just "go away" once the tent is abandoned because they search for more work...
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 02:00:56 pm »

This would be interesting, I think suggested before. Anyway, the way I think would be best is:

The tent is deleted after 4 weeks, then up to 1 week after that, a player would have the option of finding a semi-special encounter called "You encounter: An abandoned tent".

So, after 4 weeks, it loses world-map viewing to owner, but anyone could still encounter it (rare chance, but more common than Bunker because the majority of tents abandoned would be noobs' tents).
After a total of 5 weeks, the server would finally delete the tent.
I think he means that, for example, if you put a tent 1 North of NCR, it wouldn't be able to be encountered exactly at 1 North of NCR after it disappears to owner, so that if the owner logs back on, he couldn't just trace it. The location would become random, or at least the same general area.

Though, chances are the person that hadn't been online for 4 weeks isn't going to be on for the 5th week (if it only stays for one week. It can't stay forever or that would defeat the whole purpose of the feature that saves server space).

Yes that was exactly what i wanted to say.  ;D
Don't forget the hair, robert
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 02:52:02 pm »

I think the tent system is fine as it is, you have 2 weeks i think to access the tent. That's more than enough time, if a tent ends up disappearing it's the player's fault... most likely a bad build with a tent (failed build or a newbie build - either way you lose nothing from losing said tent... if it was a decent character you'd be playing it or if you had one you'd take everything of value from your tent...)

Also it is a cool idea, similar to the car thing from before... it seems like too much programming for one and not much reward for whoever comes across the abandoned tent
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2011, 05:42:30 pm »

The owner should be able to take back his tent if he is the lucky guy who find his own tent within the week.

By the way, there are players who go on vacation, have a lot of work or simply quit. This is not the fault of anyone... (they are not necessary noobs)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 11:07:15 am by naossano »
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 21 queries.