"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 01:16:32 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: mods you there?  (Read 3100 times)

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
mods you there?
« on: September 06, 2011, 12:40:59 am »

am just wondering where the mods are. there was a time when topics such as http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=18461.msg152810#new would be sent to its proper place in bugs forum within 1 hour. but its been allmost 1 day so far and still not sent to bugs or trashed.

i just want to know because its getting worse and worse. mods doing alot of rl stuff? dont want to be mods anymore so not doing dutys?
Roaming the waste again.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
Re: mods you there?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 03:03:53 pm »

We're too busy reading topics like this one! :D
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 04:02:35 pm »

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 09:06:53 pm »

We're too busy reading topics like this one! :D
i know stuipd of me to make topic of this but i have been seeing more and more of forums not being cleaned lately and just wanted to know. it does not help when i tell people that what there doing is wrong and me(not being a mod) people getting pissed off because am trying to help. but i understand you guys have real life things to do just wanted to know. :)

Yes.

fapping in bathroom does not count surf  :P
Roaming the waste again.

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 09:33:53 pm »

I don't see anything wrong with the moderation. If you have something particular to report about, not a lengthy discourse about it, then you may use a "report to moderator" function. I personally doing my best to make these forums comfortable in terms of reading and general look, but please note, that no one of us are getting paid for it, so you shouldn't blame us if it doesn't look good enough for you.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 10:25:46 pm »

so you shouldn't blame us if it doesn't look good enough for you.
never did just saying not its not as it used to be......
Roaming the waste again.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 11:49:26 pm »

I didnt notice any negligence of moderation, its more of a pray for mod status for you, isnt it ?
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 11:56:09 pm »

fapping in bathroom does not count surf  :P

I was busy doing some actual content for the game and greeted a good friend who just came back from mongolia after a couple of months. I know, it was not your intention, but sometimes I don't get you guys. On one hand, you complain of "censorship!1" even though these are just new forum mechanics we as the global mods use, on the other hand you complain about the lack of moderation. It's a nice showcase that you can never do it "right" as a mod, there will always be people pissed about what you do. :)

Agreed with everything Graf said.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 12:11:51 am »

I didnt notice any negligence of moderation, its more of a pray for mod status for you, isnt it ?
no i dont want to be mod yes i have alot of free time on hands to do so but my grammer is not so ... great as some would say.

I was busy doing some actual content for the game and greeted a good friend who just came back from mongolia after a couple of months. I know, it was not your intention, but sometimes I don't get you guys. On one hand, you complain of "censorship!1" even though these are just new forum mechanics we as the global mods use, on the other hand you complain about the lack of moderation. It's a nice showcase that you can never do it "right" as a mod, there will always be people pissed about what you do. :)

Agreed with everything Graf said.
am not saying that you guys are not doing alot. am saying never sense the new forum came into place seems like the forum is not being looked after as much or new players are not being told to not triple post of double or being told to put topic in right spots.
(could be new system thou that sends warning letters that does it which is why i dont see it)
anyone really should not have said anything just trash this or something.....
Roaming the waste again.

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 11:19:08 am »

Topics in wrong sections might happen, I think moderators dont have time to read all topics by themselves. But reported issues are done pretty fast.
When I see a spam-bot for example I always report them and it doesn't take long for them to be removed. Kudos to mods for that.
I also see local moderators doin their job pretty good, as for example bugs section's Dishonest Abe.

White Eagle

• Kill 'em all
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 10:49:55 am »

You guys dont get it do you? they just start reporting this shit because they want be mods.. thats all.. -.-

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 01:21:49 pm »

they just start reporting this shit because they want be mods..

With "they" I assume you also mean that I report stuff on this forum to become a mod, not only falloutdude.
Well, what a hard way to become a mod. I would rather smooth talk Surf or Nexxos into it because we are like internet-buddys (But I know I wouldnt become a mod because we have enough mods)
I also don't think falloutdude wants to become a mod. What would he moderate? Non existant Canadian subforum? Global-Moderation? We have like 2 or more global-mods and GMs are global-mods too, so that's enough and he surely thinks the same way.

Please do not state that helping out to keep the forum clean is fueled by such intentions only to gain mod status. I'm doin this for a year now and never asked anything about beeing a mod. In any way, what would we gain from mod status? Power to punish other users that talk constant BS? Oh please, Surf handles such issues quite perfectly ;)

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 10:11:37 am »

dude, if you do not have a life and you live in a PC, that does not mean that everyone lives like you
especialy the mods and the devs, they are grown-ups and they have real life work to do, like creating games, having a job, having sex with there beloved(and/or with others) so please, let them do there work, if you whant to you can help them with the report to moderator buttom and telling them the problem.

also, if you realy life in a computer and you do not have to go out please tell me your secret(the sun burns)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 22 queries.