"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 12:58:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Penalty for suicidal sneaking  (Read 6046 times)

avv

Penalty for suicidal sneaking
« on: August 31, 2011, 05:21:27 pm »

Bluesuit sneaking without equipment is effective way to scout. Especially when using proxy. In that case the character is used as disposable camera that runs in middle of enemy, dies and intelligence is passed forward. Then he spawns and returns. It's retarded for the sake of gameplay and totally free for the scout.

I suggest penalty to sneak when wearing nothing. This way suicidal sneak would always have to re-stock his leather jacket thus slightly hindering his actions.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Evan

• The dead are never aplenty enough.
Re: Penalty for suicidal sneaking
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 05:27:41 pm »

Isn't dual-logging already a ban-worthy action? I thought it shouldn't be happening at all. Making it harder to use sounds good, but the solution would be a better detection-system. Wish I'd be some geek server-monkey to make/design such.

Grzesiu

• High Five Critical miss.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 05:30:07 pm »

Avv u know it wont change anything at all :)

avv

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 05:38:10 pm »

Avv u know it wont change anything at all :)

The pvp playerbase has the scorched earth mentality where nothing is given to enemy for free.
It probably won't change much since leather jackets or robes cost nothing but since they were must for sneaking operations, the enemy would get sneak-equipment for free.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 05:42:10 pm »

Although I don't see it changing anything, a small penalty for sneaking in blue suit wouldn't hurt. After all, the blue colour sticks out in most towns. Looking at the scenery in most towns, I would say a Leather Armor or LA MK2 makes more sense as those colours blend in more with the environment.
Downside is, the stuff you carry already gives a discount to sneaking skill, so it would be kind of a free to wear (as far as sneak skill goes) armor for sneakers.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 06:24:54 pm »

I agree with avv, even cheap jacket would make sneakers think twice before suiciding.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 06:32:18 pm »

Good idea. Would prevent them to die 10 time without getting gear.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 06:37:21 pm »

I suggest penalty to sneak when wearing nothing.

Hah i dont like it.
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 09:00:09 pm »

I'd like to support this idea, any sneaker without a leather jacket isn't a true sneaker ;P

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 09:54:37 pm »

yeah, losing 200 caps per death. what a loss...
worthless suggestion.
anyway sneaker does not have OD and spent sometime to travel back, doesn't he?

but if you want some penalty, just make sneak disabled during weakness time. that's it.

JovankaB

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 09:58:01 pm »

I have other idea for sneak penalties/bonuses to make sneak more a tactical skill

- while you are running your sneak drops by 60 skill points
 - while you are walking your sneak drops by 30 skill points
 - if you stand in one hex for at least 5 seconds your sneak increases by 60 skill points. (this should have some visual effect for player controlling the sneaker, for example even more transparent character after 5 seconds)

I would like sneak be used more by snipers of all kinds and require more thinking, less by naked people with LSW running circles around you
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 10:03:46 pm by JovankaB »

Nexxos

• o_O
  • O_o
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 10:01:38 pm »

Or rather, make penalties for sneak from various health statuses (Almost Dead = 75%, Severely Wounded = 50%, Wounded = 10-25%, Unhurt = 0%).
“And we passed through the cavern of rats.

And we passed through the path of streaming flamethrowers.

And we passed through the faction of the blind.

And we passed through the slough of swarm.

And we passed through the vale of tears.

And we came, finally, to the ice caverns.

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 10:07:17 pm »

I have other idea for sneak penalties/bonuses to make sneak more a tactical skill

- while you are running your sneak drops by 60 skill points
 - while you are walking your sneak drops by 30 skill points
 - if you stand in one hex for at least 5 seconds your sneak increases by 60 skill points. (this should have some visual effect for player controlling the sneaker, for example even more transparent character after 5 seconds)

I would like sneak be used more by snipers of all kinds and require more thinking, less by naked people with LSW running circles around you

Have you ever played TLA, Requiem or Goon Haven?
Sniping Sneaker is so unbalanced. And unfortunately you should have 300 sneak or bust.
Not sure works Ghost perk here or does not. My sneaker has 300 + Ghost just for sure. And LSW $)
Anyway you just don't have enough skill points for anything somehow effective except LSW

Or rather, make penalties for sneak from various health statuses (Almost Dead = 75%, Severely Wounded = 50%, Wounded = 10-25%, Unhurt = 0%).

Won't help anything. If sneaker spotted he will die anyway and have no chance to get to sneak again
If as penalty after respawn, SS is too cheap so...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:17:54 pm by Graf »

Kanly

• The future is today, worry about it tomorrow!
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 12:38:23 am »

Do you want less bluesuit sneaker? Let the sandrobes give some small bonus to sneak (eg + 10, instead of the usual malus)
then you will see more clothed sneakers

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 02:07:21 am »

Not robes please, but LJ for good sneaking, and CLJ for ninjas.

Ofc manpower is always the most lucrative item in Fonline, so by solving cheating problems there'd be less sneakers to begin with.
Also the lack of armor while actually not being shot at is not only problem with suiciding, but also the usual risk-less gain-more mentality.
It definetly needs some nerf to base not having extra bonus for wearing something particular.

but if you want some penalty, just make sneak disabled during weakness time. that's it.
So you make it with tagged doc?  Great suggestion.
Hah i dont like it.
Totally adds something to this topic.

Also there're more problems, especially when you see sneaking person you cannot know they are sneaking until they disappear, VERY weird.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 24 queries.