"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:35:52 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Convincing NPC's to join your faction/party.  (Read 8502 times)

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
Re: Convincing NPC's to join your faction/party.
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2011, 06:18:12 pm »

Tech Trees are RTS things. Plus, a slave cannot become a merc, because he is a slave, and he will thank you for enslaving him by burstin' in every possible hole.
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2011, 09:29:54 pm »

Tech Trees are RTS things. Plus, a slave cannot become a merc, because he is a slave, and he will thank you for enslaving him by burstin' in every possible hole.
You could think it this way, that you brainwashed him into a slave-soldier.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2011, 10:52:46 pm »

Or little slave girls and boys who are too young to realize that you sold their parents off could be brought up to be loyal mercs  ;D Granted that's unrealistic considering the speed of the game and people would cry about a kid becoming a merc in a month or two game time.

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2011, 11:01:56 pm »

That makes sense. But transforming a Trapper slave into a Big Guns merc doesnt makes sense.

Josh

• The Armegeddon Arms Co. is temporarily on hiatus
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2011, 11:25:15 pm »

I definitely like this idea, ever since I got em I have been a huge fan of trapper slaves because of their ability to progress. The notable limitation was that they never got better at combat and of course death. I will definitely set out in search of some followers after the wipe.
When you hear people talking about the great leader of the Armeggedon Arms Co., there talking about me. On the flip side when you hear them laughing about the Plague who stood next to guard and died or something else like that, that would be my brother Ben.
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2011, 06:42:32 pm »

That makes sense. But transforming a Trapper slave into a Big Guns merc doesnt makes sense.

They wouldn't change skin you know... that'd be a bit strange...

-Ulrek-

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2011, 03:05:48 pm »

Still he is a slave that i found in the desert, fighting geckos and radscorpions with spears, and cannot become a machine of death with a minigun/rocket launcher/Bozar.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2011, 03:20:48 pm »

Still he is a slave that i found in the desert, fighting geckos and radscorpions with spears, and cannot become a machine of death with a minigun/rocket launcher/Bozar.
The chosen one was just a tribal guy smashing rockets together and chuckin spears and gettin high off broc flowers n shit.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2011, 04:53:38 pm »

You are dumb, not big surprise.

The chosen one was just a tribal guy smashing rockets together and chuckin spears and gettin high off broc flowers n shit.

That was a "special" case, but yeah, it's possible, but again.

They wouldn't change skin you know... that'd be a bit strange...

-Ulrek-

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2011, 05:08:58 pm »

what he means by skin change is that none of the animations on trapper skin can handle Big guns.  so whether the bastard has 300% or -11% they can't even hold the weapon in their hand.

-just figured id clear that up for people who didnt realize what Ulrek meant.
« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2011, 05:13:51 pm »

Yes, thank you mich, i figured everybody would know what a "skin" was, because even newbies and noobs beg GM's for them, seemed pretty universal to me.

-Ulrek-

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2011, 12:47:14 pm »

Technically the Vault Dweller was a guy who has never seen a true fight in his life, used to live in a Vault where everythin' you want can be obtained (food, water, entrateniment). And still he became a such warrior that he killed the Lieutenant, The Master, and half of the mutant army. And he entered the Glow and survived. What 'bout that mon?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 21 queries.