"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 07, 2024, 09:53:49 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Disassembling Items & Brahmins  (Read 1038 times)

Disassembling Items & Brahmins
« on: August 27, 2011, 08:55:04 pm »

Hi, I was was wondering how to Disassemble items.

http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Disassembling

Wiki page doesn't tell very well, if i press "s" & select science then press "i", i cannot science anything.
I tried to drop item to ground and tried to science item, again nothing happened.
I tried to take item to my hand and tried to science it, couldn't make it.

What should i do for Disassemble an item ?

And second question.
I've been playing at Shady Sand, my inventory is full with weapons (thanks to the encounter with NCR Caravan, Marauders, Radscorpion and Geckos)
I need to make a tent but i couldn't find any Brahmins. Where can i find brahmins ?
http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/DishonestAbraham/FOnline%20Critter%20Locations/Worldmap_Brahmins_V02.jpg
I found this map, i've been walking on these squares. But i couldn't find any brahmins.

Brahmins will get on my way as an "Encounter" or should i just stop and get in the map on random areas ?

Thanks for your help

Josh

• The Armegeddon Arms Co. is temporarily on hiatus
Re: Disassembling Items & Brahmins
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 09:04:08 pm »

I don't know if you can access the science skill the way you described. Usually I just open up the inventory, then change the cursor to the pointer and hold till menu comes up. When the menu is up you click on the face that brings up skill menu. Select science and the weapon should be disassembled.
Brahmins are near Modoc, just travel and you will get encounter. If you have a choice and it says its brahmins then you enter and kill them. Entering tiles without encounter has small chance of random encounter and is best used for scavenging. If you need more help in future PM me.
When you hear people talking about the great leader of the Armeggedon Arms Co., there talking about me. On the flip side when you hear them laughing about the Plague who stood next to guard and died or something else like that, that would be my brother Ben.
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 09:12:59 pm »

that lil map u have is outdated i think, so is this but its a bit more accurate
http://www.nitue.net/fef/index.php
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 09:24:06 pm »

Thanks for helps mates, i hope i can get my tent soon :)

And about Disassembling, i forgot that way to open skills :D
I'll try it when i'm online
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 10:09:20 pm »

Btw another easy way to get brahmin hides (if your willing to sacrafice being able to trade in modoc/klamath) is to be a slaver and do slave runs, most of them have brahmins you can kill.
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 04:16:50 am »

Just get a decent gun and some ammo and look around modoc. 2 Squares up 1 square to the west.
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 08:31:48 am »

Just get a decent gun and some ammo and look around modoc. 2 Squares up 1 square to the west.
... and meet moonshiners there (for nooobz)

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 03:56:10 pm »

To disassemble, open inventory, use the arrow cursor, select the icon with the face of the Vault Boy, and then select Science from the skilldex that appears.
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 10:12:33 pm »

Yeah, the world map picture of the brahmin spots is quite outdated. It's from like, early 2010. As leinad88 said, FEF is much better. Though, even in some tiles where you can find brahmin, the chance to find them is a lot more rare than in places like Modoc, where you can encounter them fighting moonshiners every other encounter.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 23 queries.