"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 07, 2024, 10:22:58 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Hey guys!  (Read 739 times)

D0ub13 5c0r3

• Honey badgers don't get the credit they deserve.
Hey guys!
« on: August 26, 2011, 03:15:17 pm »

Hey guys, I'm D0ub13 5c0r3 (quiet obvious..), and I'm new to this FOnline. I JUST downloaded Fallout 2, though I have played it before. And I have a few questions..
-How would I fix the "rainbow effect" (don't know the "offical" name for this..), but it's jsut where the graphics of the game have the colors for the details. Any way to fix that?
-I'm planning on throwing my Perception up to 9, and then dropping Luck down to 3, putting 2 points down on Strength (making it 7), and adding a point to Charisma (making it 6). Good idea? Bad? Idk, I'm a noob. Looking for some tips and all that junk.
-And last but not least.. Will anyone show me where an NCR city is, so I can shovel shit until I'm a level 5 and have some caps to get me going?
Thanks for reading!
Re: Hey guys!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 03:45:17 pm »

First and foremost welcome to 2238!!! "rainbow effect" >>i believe there is an unofficial patch to correct this
as for your build
Strength 7(decent carry weight good for a crafter or bger but u could shave a few points here if needed)
Perception 9(good amount, smoke a cig and you have max per.)
Endurance 5( u want this at an even number the difference between a lv 21 with 5 end. and 4 end. is 2hp)
Charisma 6(6 is rather pointless as u get merc slots at 3 5 7 and 9, but keep in mind 3 is minimum to trade most traders)
Intelegence 5(fine, but i would have this a lil higher i try not to have less than 6)
Agility 5??(u get 1 ap every 2 agi. again 5 is rather useless unless you are useing nuka-cola to get to 6)
Luck 3( may as well drop this to 1,although if u had 6 theres some nice perks you can gain)
I suggest you make either a armor crafter or small guns crafter first, both are easy to make profit with and can teach you alot about the game before you try to make your hardcore druged out pvp ape build.
Suggested stats for a sg or armor crafter-
s7 p6 e4 c3 i6 a8 l6   tag good natured and either fast shot or small frame
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 05:42:04 pm »

Hello and welcome to 2238

First, I strongly advise to use this tool:

http://www.nitue.net/fcp/index.php?v=2238

before creating your character.  When you will plan you character please keep in mind advises given by leinad88

Also visit http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Main_Page

/!\ IMPORTANT /!\

you will be VERY frustrated in the beginning!

- wasteland is harsh, player killers will kill u on sight (me - character name DELICIOUS - included)
- it is very difficult to get ur first stuff:
try to gether some broke flowers, craft healing powder and sell it for a gun (also work with junk that you craft in to brasknuckles or whatever raw material that u find and u can craft)
- avoid players in unguarded cities like klamath, den, modoc, new reno. if ill meet u ill probably kill u
- bring friends, it much more easier to play in group
- kill bramins to have their skin. with 10 skins u can make a tent (very important) - the place where u can SAFELY keep all your belongings

Most important: do not abondon first time u get killed, strugle for ur life.

If u learn and continue, ull see: this game is awesome!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 08:48:46 am »

First and foremost welcome to 2238!!! "rainbow effect" >>i believe there is an unofficial patch to correct this
as for your build
Strength 7(decent carry weight good for a crafter or bger but u could shave a few points here if needed)
Perception 9(good amount, smoke a cig and you have max per.)
Endurance 5( u want this at an even number the difference between a lv 21 with 5 end. and 4 end. is 2hp)
Charisma 6(6 is rather pointless as u get merc slots at 3 5 7 and 9, but keep in mind 3 is minimum to trade most traders)
Intelegence 5(fine, but i would have this a lil higher i try not to have less than 6)
Agility 5??(u get 1 ap every 2 agi. again 5 is rather useless unless you are useing nuka-cola to get to 6)
Luck 3( may as well drop this to 1,although if u had 6 theres some nice perks you can gain)
I suggest you make either a armor crafter or small guns crafter first, both are easy to make profit with and can teach you alot about the game before you try to make your hardcore druged out pvp ape build.
Suggested stats for a sg or armor crafter-
s7 p6 e4 c3 i6 a8 l6   tag good natured and either fast shot or small frame
there is no point in ST=7 until you are Big Gunner(wich not adviced for newbie) or using the Gatling Laser (wich not adviced at all)
For first Small Guns build I`d recommend putting ST on 5 so you can shoot any weapon without penalty.
PE is usefull in amount of 5 (to take "Awareness" perk on level 3), 6 (to take "Better Critical" on level 9), 8,9 (for laser snipers and snipers
EN is good at any dividing on 2 value (4,6,8,10)
CH better set 3 so you can trade with traders
IN as much as possible but I`d suggest 6
AG 7 is needed for usefull perk on lvl 15, 8AG is 9 ap in combat (more ap - more you can do)
LK set 1, 2, 6, or 10.
1 - to save statpoints
2- to protect yourself fron most negative effects of critical failure (such as weapon exploison of Energy Weapons),
6 - to take decent perks (Bonus Ranged Damage, Toughness, more critical, better criticals))
10 for critical hit ones - gives possibility to max critical chance

3 is useless
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 23 queries.