"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 07, 2024, 03:16:09 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Gathering? Waiting?  (Read 31154 times)

Josh

• The Armegeddon Arms Co. is temporarily on hiatus
Re: Gathering? Waiting?
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2011, 03:09:59 am »

The mining cooldown reduction is definitely appreciated, it has made getting the parts for crafting quicker. Every crafter I have ran into noticed within their first craft. Being able to mine all the stuff needed for a gun is great because it means I mine all the ores/minerals I need for a gun in one go and not have to risk a pker walking into mine while I am waiting for cooldown.
When you hear people talking about the great leader of the Armeggedon Arms Co., there talking about me. On the flip side when you hear them laughing about the Plague who stood next to guard and died or something else like that, that would be my brother Ben.
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2011, 04:26:55 am »

I was in gecko today and the gathering for HQ minerals was less than a min is prewipe madness ?

Now everyone must only wait one calm moment to get 30 Hq mineral or HQ iron ore , a little bit too easy?
One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it

Josh

• The Armegeddon Arms Co. is temporarily on hiatus
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2011, 06:00:51 am »

I could see myself gathering a few spare ores/minerals above what I need to craft but I don't think anyone but big factions will really be hauling in huge loads. I also suspect that the market for HQ materials is going to decrease as the ease of gathering enough for your projects has increased. So in short, the crafters will craft easier, mining alts will drop, and big factions will still bring in big loads to support their operations. Quoting the cereal professor from Stephen King's Cujo, "nothing wrong here."
When you hear people talking about the great leader of the Armeggedon Arms Co., there talking about me. On the flip side when you hear them laughing about the Plague who stood next to guard and died or something else like that, that would be my brother Ben.
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2011, 07:43:38 am »

In a 90 minuts  I gathered enough maths for craft 4 ba ... And I am a loner (I have a friend but rarely we play at the same time ), obviously to be efficient I used a mule alt...
One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2011, 01:56:28 pm »

Effectively the value of crafted guns have been divided by 4 (Assult Rifle worth 1600 caps are now worth 400)  :o
You fail to pick the lock.

avv

« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2011, 03:11:48 pm »

Getting BAs is now faster but what the smaller cooldowns made me (and some of my pals) to do was relog after the previous chars cd was full. With the earlier cooldowns mining was too slow even for that but now it's actually worthwhile.
I'm not complaining, we can play the rest of the wipe like this. It will nicely tone down the wealth difference between old and new players.

The cooldown change just proves the fact that players like to concentrate on one thing for a while, get things finished on that area and then do something else. So gathering should work so that a player can do it as long as he wants without having to wait for restricting cooldowns. When he thinks he has gathered enough, he can do something else. Only limit to the gathering speed would be the player's personal abilities to get over challenges.

Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2011, 03:32:51 pm »

So gathering should work so that a player can do it as long as he wants without having to wait for restricting cooldowns. When he thinks he has gathered enough, he can do something else. Only limit to the gathering speed would be the player's personal abilities to get over challenges.

This is the direction we need to acquire, sooner the better. Personally, I do not fear destabilizing the economy by just scrapping gathering timeouts without providing enough challenge (as we know, this takes time to implement, more than 'abstract' cooldown timer) - we could just add it gradually, basing on testing experience and iterate it (once again:) )
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2011, 03:39:34 pm »

This is awesome no more pain in the ass and crafting really seems rewarding now , i would like to see this system to be implemented permanently because i have this feeling that it is because of wipe madness or devs just wanna test ?!?!

Bartosz

• Rotator
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2011, 03:57:04 pm »

This is awesome no more pain in the ass and crafting really seems rewarding now , i would like to see this system to be implemented permanently because i have this feeling that it is because of wipe madness or devs just wanna test ?!?!

We decided pre-pre-wipe madness should be focused on some tweaks to test. In fact, such tweaks could be more common all the time, but let's say now is not a bad time to do this.
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2011, 04:04:24 pm »

I must say that current situation with cooldowns is just PERFECT!

Yes, gathering still take some time, but not WHOLE day = fun

Yes, crafting still take some time, but again, not WHOLE day = fun

Yes, mining is still dangerous(i was tried to dig something at Gecko mines and i was killed three times before i dog something:D) but at the end, frustration from waiting is gone. Just take friends and go diging, how simple and funny way to obtain resources.

So again, current cooldowns are good as they are, and now i feel fun from game as not in last 1 year  8)
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

Bartosz

• Rotator
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2011, 04:07:28 pm »

Now what, you are actually stopping me from changes that could remove them totally ;) ?
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2011, 04:29:30 pm »

We decided pre-pre-wipe madness should be focused on some tweaks to test. In fact, such tweaks could be more common all the time, but let's say now is not a bad time to do this.

Wipe is now sooner than soon :D :D :)
You fail to pick the lock.
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2011, 05:15:39 pm »

Now what, you are actually stopping me from changes that could remove them totally ;) ?

Nope. I just wanted to let you know that last change about cooldowns was really good move. Nothing more, nothing less. No offense, it was good job
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

JovankaB

« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2011, 05:42:51 pm »

Lower cooldowns are cool but I think you shoud reduce price of materials a bit. Now you can mine ore worth 20 000 caps every hour with a single character.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 05:50:02 pm by JovankaB »

Bartosz

• Rotator
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2011, 05:45:08 pm »

Lower cooldowns are cool but I think you shoud reduce price of materials a bit. Now you can mine ore worth 20 000 caps every hour with a single character.

But what's the value of the caps anyway...especially in recession haunted world...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 25 queries.