"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 04:56:10 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Gathering? Waiting?  (Read 29792 times)

Josh

• The Armegeddon Arms Co. is temporarily on hiatus
Re: Gathering? Waiting?
« Reply #150 on: September 24, 2011, 08:01:19 pm »

It makes me dont care about lose fights or talk with strangers in the wasteland, i wish other players feel like that.
Thats what I noticed too but some people will always want to have more backups, I guess you could say: Hoarders Gonna Hoard! ;)
When you hear people talking about the great leader of the Armeggedon Arms Co., there talking about me. On the flip side when you hear them laughing about the Plague who stood next to guard and died or something else like that, that would be my brother Ben.
« Reply #151 on: September 25, 2011, 03:48:44 am »

i reckon resources should be much rarer, more dangerous to obtain. There should be a random chance of having resources, and you cant re-enter the same area, need to move at least a bit. Should probably have a higher encounter chance the more you wander around a small area(attracting attention? or just other scavengers out to get same resources). If there wasnt so much resources around there wouldnt be like a hojjillion bbs around, and players would need to trade among themselves. Just my opinion, with no idea how hard to implement this is and with very little game experience.

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #152 on: September 25, 2011, 03:52:46 pm »

i reckon resources should be much rarer, more dangerous to obtain.

Next 'incarnation' of gathering will be having resources whose amounts are controllable, as opposed to current per-player wealth generation. I'm pretty sure it will pose its own problems, and it's not that easy to indicate what does 'dangerous' mean, but we will try to work it out over the time.
« Reply #153 on: September 25, 2011, 07:22:58 pm »

Errr.... Can you tell us Devs how its going work on WIPE? Or just some date like from now in two months or five months and so ?  8) Thanks
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #154 on: September 25, 2011, 07:33:45 pm »

Errr.... Can you tell us Devs how its going work on WIPE? Or just some date like from now in two months or five months and so ?  8) Thanks

Can't estimate it, not yet.
« Reply #155 on: October 06, 2011, 05:12:23 am »

i reckon resources should be much rarer, more dangerous to obtain. There should be a random chance of having resources, and you cant re-enter the same area, need to move at least a bit. Should probably have a higher encounter chance the more you wander around a small area(attracting attention? or just other scavengers out to get same resources). If there wasnt so much resources around there wouldnt be like a hojjillion bbs around, and players would need to trade among themselves. Just my opinion, with no idea how hard to implement this is and with very little game experience.

Or make one character allowed per I.P address(Unless your spose or mate is playing with you at your house, or your having a lan party, with Fonline 2238.), it will enforce trading between players, and thus lower resource income, unless your a slaver, in which case you are, increase Ranger Patrols since the NCR is supposed to own alot of the capital wasteland.  :)

Roin.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 05:14:28 am by Roin »

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #156 on: October 06, 2011, 05:41:14 am »

Or make one character allowed per I.P address
Welcome to dynamic IP and proxy world, my dear. It won't work, been discussed already many times.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

dskpnk

• The Amboy Dukes
« Reply #157 on: October 07, 2011, 10:02:31 am »

Will always be a problem cause nobody like to wait and everybody like to abuse. I think the previous one was too hash and the actual one is too much. Just keep going like that and found a better balance.
« Reply #158 on: November 22, 2011, 05:21:18 am »

It's a Beta, right?

Why not just give everyone teleportation and item conjuration so we can "test".

Oh, also testing economy, balance, etc.

This brings a conflict- RPers and simulators/logistic strategists vs. TC/PvPers who want fancy stuff NOW so they can pew-pew.

What to do what to do?

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 18 queries.