"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 11:09:42 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Looking for caps  (Read 21618 times)

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
Re: Looking for caps
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 02:33:56 am »

Donating is just donating. Doesn't mean you are supposed to get something in return. Wipe or not, money is still needed to keep the server up and running, which is needed for wiping it.

The server might be wiped tomorrow, next week, next month, or next year. 100, 150 or 200 players might leave due to boredom, but it's all the same: this forum is full of "this game sucks without wipe, but i keep posting". The ones who bitch and whine today, will be back when the wipe is done. Their constant whining means they're still interested in the game, even if they're not active at the moment.

Josh

• The Armegeddon Arms Co. is temporarily on hiatus
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2011, 06:40:11 am »

People who leave the game go and look for new fonline games. When they release sweet 3d graphics and whatnot players will post pics of their awesome 3d fonline character. These pics will more likely than not be stumbled upon by the players who left the game and who also, more likely than not, have left the game they left it for. Thus the player base will make a rebound from new players and returnees.
@doomsday predictors: try to think beyond the 1st step :P
When you hear people talking about the great leader of the Armeggedon Arms Co., there talking about me. On the flip side when you hear them laughing about the Plague who stood next to guard and died or something else like that, that would be my brother Ben.
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2011, 11:19:14 am »

So i guess if wipe still not occurs it means some work remain in the to-do list. It's amazing to read people reproaching devs to don't sacrify enough of their own free time to this non-remunerating project. Theoretically the more the waiting is, the most major changes will occurs so it's all good right ? Like some people said, if you are bored just take a break and don't reproach some people to not work as fast as you would like to.
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2011, 11:20:48 am »

I donated last time as I believed that Wipe will come at summer.
However, game never changes. Bankers still said that they don't have any money.
These months I just login the game few times for bringing newbie to my bases....
Chinese player cannot read and write English well, and we must play with 300+ ping, but we still support this game because it is fun.
We planned to rejoin the game after the Wipe and try to advertise this game to new comers as many Chinese players are interested at Fallout Online. No update or Wipe at summer broke our plan purely, when a new player joins I must tell him the game will wipe soon so don’t keep too much equipment, and the system will have a big changes I can’t teach part of the game skills because it will be outdated.
However we will still keep patient for waiting as we know Devs are too busy.

Heckler Spray

• former Orphans' member, now in TTT Lawyer Agency
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2011, 11:48:50 am »

they could easily do wipe + some minor changes let people have fun for few moths and then launch "the big wipe" with fundamental changes onboard (lke domination mode i hope)

4 example devs are telling that worlmap speed gona be increased after wipe, why dont make Wipe now and increase it NOW (I know its just 1 fucking parametr in sdk files just 1 fucking parametr...), 4 sure u can easily find few other smaller things ready to be implemented /changed just NOW...

That's what they did last time, there was so minor changes that people got bored very quickly and left the game after few months.

But I tend to agree with the fact they should change few parameters to make the last resilients have some fun.
Blood is thicker than water.
-------------------------------------

"Surf Solars Seal of Awesome" - "Amazing Music Taste" achievments

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2011, 12:15:40 pm »

they could easily do wipe + some minor changes
But I tend to agree with the fact they should change few parameters to make the last resilients have some fun.

Yeah, well, we could even test more solutions that way, I agree.

Noted, for the future!

Bhubb

• Axee
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2011, 01:27:48 pm »

I chipped in, I really enjoy this game but it needs a wipe and if giving some of my money away helps then so be it.

Annoctatio

• To win someone, you first have to win yourself.
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2011, 07:37:21 am »

I am quite new to FOnline, but I would gladly donate if I had a credit card. Even if the wipe wouldn't happen, I'd still donate. This awesome game can't be let fall on it's face. I am afraid that this is going to become money based game just like the others, only way to survive is to pay loads of money for extreme gear and stats, and without those you'll get raped by every single payer. That is complete bullshit, and that is why I want to donate.

I hope even one person here thinks just like I do.

I rage but I do not quit.

95% of people rage quit. Put this in your signature if you are the 5% who rage but do not quit.
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2011, 10:44:49 am »

I am quite new to FOnline, but I would gladly donate if I had a credit card. Even if the wipe wouldn't happen, I'd still donate. This awesome game can't be let fall on it's face. I am afraid that this is going to become money based game just like the others, only way to survive is to pay loads of money for extreme gear and stats, and without those you'll get raped by every single payer. That is complete bullshit, and that is why I want to donate.

I hope even one person here thinks just like I do.

I hope not.

First of all this game can't become Pay To Play model or even Free to Play with microtransactions. It is a mod that uses copyrighted material therefore can't make money on it (many times said before).
Building on that your whole sentence is irrelevant. Doesn't even makes sense. You came up with this what you call "bullshit" idea of a caricature game model (called pay to win exaggeration) that only exist in your head. Going on from there you made a reference to a game you actually play to justify the reason for donating.

I know you will not understand what I just said but just try to think logically before posting because otherwise It just doesn't make sense.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 10:46:36 am by MACtic »
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2011, 11:14:52 am »

Lol scypior dont remove my posts you think that players will donate moneys because you remove all posts that contain criticism and the truth about your work and the server ? :D

You asked about donate few months ago and what you and your dream team give players?

Soon soon soon

It's fine as it is

Be patient

So now tell me and other players why we should donate ? to see big mega uber update like new color of robes or new trees in few encounters?

Pathetic

Bartosz

• Rotator
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2011, 11:20:34 am »

Lol scypior dont remove my posts you think that players will donate moneys because you remove all posts that contain criticism and the truth about your work and the server ? :D

You asked about donate few months ago and what you and your dream team give players?
You seem to fail at understanding the base principles about those all donations. We were repeating it ad nauseam.

So now tell me and other players why we should donate ? to see big mega uber update like new color of robes or new trees in few encounters?

I'm not telling anyone SHOULD. I'm asking the others who are more kind and helpful than you, for a small help.
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2011, 11:35:38 am »

I don't really get the "do this or I won't donate" mentality. As far as I'm aware, asking for donating isn't for updates, or for anyone to do any work, but simply covering some of the expense of keeping the server running, so the volunteers who work on it don't have to pay for everything themselves, which seems pretty fair to me.

I donated simply to help the server "still be there" - update / wipe or not - essentially for the simple reason that "the game is still there" next time I want to play it.

Heckler Spray

• former Orphans' member, now in TTT Lawyer Agency
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2011, 02:08:03 pm »

Yeah, well, we could even test more solutions that way, I agree.

Noted, for the future!
I remember during the first months of the open beta, when we used to have our weekly features to test. People enjoyed it a lot, cause we felt like, you know, real beta testers.  ;)

Luther, actually most of people are complaining about the lack of info about the progress of the long awaited update, sometimes it can be frustrating to take part finacially in a work you only know a little.
As for me, I just trust the devs, but I understand people who don't, cause time flies...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 05:09:28 pm by Heckler Spray »
Blood is thicker than water.
-------------------------------------

"Surf Solars Seal of Awesome" - "Amazing Music Taste" achievments

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2011, 03:27:48 pm »

seems like all this arguing could be ended with a compromise;

The annoyed Dev's give the annoyed gamers a bit of an update on whats going on,

The appeased gamers give the appeased Dev's some money.

(I realize this money doesn't go into Dev pockets, but it is one less headache for them)

hows that work for everyone?

Bartosz

• Rotator
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2011, 03:29:29 pm »

hows that work for everyone?

In some way we already started it (check yesterday's blog post), more to follow (I hope).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 18 queries.