Author Topic: Attempt to create new weapon (work in progress)  (Read 17630 times)

Offline Grommok

• Desert Ranger
Re: Attempt to create new weapon (work in progress)
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2011, 02:05:20 pm »
Really well done Coilgun.
For the backstory: reminds me alot of some weapon-armor that was going to appear in Fallout 3 (Black Isle one, codenamed Van Buren).
Science-oriented chars could complete them, by starting from the uncomplete blueprints.
here some:
Hermes
Athena
Apollo
Artemis
Herakles
Ares
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2011, 10:01:46 pm »
Heh, i wonder if they were going to develop (or even launch) project Pluto, with all this Greek Mythology names.

http://www.merkle.com/pluto/pluto.html

This baby could be real in nuclear-crazed Fallout Universe and a scenery of crashed, highly radioactive Flying Crowbar could be easily done high-polygoned. )))

Wasteland is a tricky business.

Offline Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2011, 11:38:59 am »
Well, the end-game location, where the Prisoner (PC) confronts Doctor Presper (Villain), Is B.O.M.B.-001, a nuclear launch platform in orbit around Earth. Yes, sound a bit like Starcraft, but that was how the game was going to end.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 11:40:20 am by Graf »

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2011, 11:21:53 pm »
Obsidian has put in NV a plenty of ideas that were about to appear in VanBuren, including the Y-17 Trauma Override Harness, which, i guess was in the concept of Boulder Dome.
These poor fuckers in suits look pretty dead to me, yet... Looking them waddle to you would be a spooky sight.
Also, there's a concept image for those who want to model them ;)
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Offline Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2011, 12:04:49 pm »
Well, lotsa contenent had been stoled from Fallout 3. The most obivious one is the Ceasar's Legion. The main difference is that in Fallout 3 it was in creation fase, trying to unificate various tribes (as far i've understood) and, dependin' on player actions, become the terrible legion that in NV curses the Mojave, or be destroyed.
However, since the Boulder Dome was one of the thing that were completed, atleast in design documents, it had been totally stolen, and placed into Old World Blues(along with many references to the Fallout's father, Wasteland). Still the suit in concepts remind me more of the Hazmat Suit of Dead Money, or some other kind of suit used for reserch in irradiated or poisoned areas. The Y-17 Trauma Override Harness seems more the Space Suit from NV, found in the REPPCON testing site.

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 06:42:30 am »
hi i made little image blueprint like  :P

for mark 2

Offline Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011, 11:51:07 am »
Well, that blueprint only needs some shitty numbers around, some useless arrows point at various points, write something like Coil, Magazine Slot, Trigger, Internal Energy Cell, Iron Sight Improved for MK2, i think you understood.
Keep workin' on that, cannot wait to see how it will come out!

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 01:15:02 pm »
I finally finished blueprints for MK II

so i added some coil stuff from Google and its look sci-fi already
And here is image whit color!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 01:31:39 pm by Bigj »

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2011, 01:53:50 pm »
Very nice, it's getting better and better!
For the blueprint, reduce the brightness in the middle a small bit, it'll look better then. Other than that, I like it. :)

Offline Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2011, 02:03:42 pm »
Now it's perfect!
You see that adding random numbers and some Sci-Fi words, along with some graphics, makes everythin' look better?

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2011, 03:51:08 pm »

here i made original rifle blueprint  mark I  ;)
hope you like it  i made like this blueprint was captured by BOS
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 03:59:41 pm by Bigj »

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2011, 04:01:29 pm »
Really good! :) Now give it some unique name, a nice little description and here we are, makeshift Gauss rifle!
Regarding the inventory graphic -

Add some rust and small crackles etc to the rifle to give it the painted over-feel all the original Fallout art has. Preferrably done in Photoshop or GIMP etc.

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2011, 04:24:00 pm »
Name ?? i'am not good at giving names to things :-[ OK maybe JORMUNGAND-The World Serpent. He's the monstrous evil offspring of LOKI and(Norse mythology) "JORMUNGAND will emerge causing awful devastation with every twist of his serpent body."i will do paint over by tomorrow.post answer if you are OK whit name :P 
for weapon story i don't know this idea was spontaneous:P
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 04:27:42 pm by Bigj »

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2011, 04:31:32 pm »
As it is now it's completly useless weapon. Trigger is way too small, but well, problem is with this kind of design you wouldn't be capable of ever aiming with this stuff.
Hopefuly further versions will fix the problem of stock and grip being way too low for barrel and add more aiming possibilities than just one laser diode.

Other than that it looks fine, but not really sure if it's in line with fallout art :d
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2011, 05:51:07 pm »
Johnnybravo thanks for critique i will try to improve my 3d models i'am not professional you know ;)
but i will try to make my stuff look better in realistic kid of way, constructive criticism is appreciated :)
i'am try to advance myself!!