FOnline Development > 3D Development

Attempt to create new weapon (work in progress)

(1/7) > >>

Bigj:
My basic idea is to create Completely new type of weapon which would be alternative to Gauss rifle
So i started work on some detail here is one of many parts of this weapon :) i work in blender to make pre rendered  image of item (high poly) but for low poly i use .3ds format 3d coming soon whit completed weapon and parts for craft.
for now here is coil essential part of weapon
[/URL]
Back story of weapon-vault 0 top secret research on magnetic projectiles an magnetism as weapon. weapon has incredible penetration but low damage main purpose of research was to create weapon who cloud penetrate enemy armored vehicle essential parts like engines and ammo wrack.But because of war weapon never built. Blueprints was found by scavenger in old vault research laboratory and later sold to Brotherhood of steal. In secrecy brotherhood continue research of this new type of technology 8)
Sorry for my English  :-[     

Lizard:
1. Texture looks good, now needs it in lowpoly. Try to retopo this thing. :)
2. Backstory: Gauss IS a (electro)magnetic rifle. Also, "because of war this weapon was never built" isn't a excuse. In war, everyone funds weapons, especially promising ones.
3. "Completely new type of weapon" isn't gonna happen until all original weapons are modeled.

Bigj:
I'am not saying i will create new weapon :) its attempt to create i don't care about if this weapon will be in game or not i just enjoy to create something nice and its really good way to practice my 3d modeling and texturing skills :P
OK here is weapon WIP (need more work on detail and texture to individual parts)

Wasteland tech 8)

TommyTheGun:
Hmm....

Looks very interesting. - Mostle, cause something like this would be wonderfull as an icon in inventory. There are a lot of things that lack the icons, also any new armor, mask, helmet, weapon will need one.

You, dear Sir, could help our case greatly. On the other hand im not sure if theres a point in modelling something in high poly just for the icon. Doesnt change the fact it would look wonderfull if every item had apropriate icon :>

Graf:
Heh, this looks pretty cool :) Though I'm pretty sure, that we wouldn't add a new weapons right after 3D implementing. Maybe later, when everything is properly working and balanced ... On the other hand, we still need quite a lot of the armors to be done, so if you'll help with it, it would be a great help. The only thing, is that you have to keep models low poly, while this nice example is definetely over 2000 tris.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version