Author Topic: Attempt to create new weapon (work in progress)  (Read 17635 times)

Attempt to create new weapon (work in progress)
« on: July 31, 2011, 12:01:25 am »
My basic idea is to create Completely new type of weapon which would be alternative to Gauss rifle
So i started work on some detail here is one of many parts of this weapon :) i work in blender to make pre rendered  image of item (high poly) but for low poly i use .3ds format 3d coming soon whit completed weapon and parts for craft.
for now here is coil essential part of weapon
[/URL]
Back story of weapon-vault 0 top secret research on magnetic projectiles an magnetism as weapon. weapon has incredible penetration but low damage main purpose of research was to create weapon who cloud penetrate enemy armored vehicle essential parts like engines and ammo wrack.But because of war weapon never built. Blueprints was found by scavenger in old vault research laboratory and later sold to Brotherhood of steal. In secrecy brotherhood continue research of this new type of technology 8)
Sorry for my English  :-[     

« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 12:03:47 am by Bigj »

Re: Attempt to create new weapon (work in progress)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 12:44:05 am »
1. Texture looks good, now needs it in lowpoly. Try to retopo this thing. :)
2. Backstory: Gauss IS a (electro)magnetic rifle. Also, "because of war this weapon was never built" isn't a excuse. In war, everyone funds weapons, especially promising ones.
3. "Completely new type of weapon" isn't gonna happen until all original weapons are modeled.
Wasteland is a tricky business.

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 02:30:54 am »
I'am not saying i will create new weapon :) its attempt to create i don't care about if this weapon will be in game or not i just enjoy to create something nice and its really good way to practice my 3d modeling and texturing skills :P
OK here is weapon WIP (need more work on detail and texture to individual parts)

Wasteland tech 8)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 02:32:56 am by Bigj »

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 02:38:31 am »
Hmm....

Looks very interesting. - Mostle, cause something like this would be wonderfull as an icon in inventory. There are a lot of things that lack the icons, also any new armor, mask, helmet, weapon will need one.

You, dear Sir, could help our case greatly. On the other hand im not sure if theres a point in modelling something in high poly just for the icon. Doesnt change the fact it would look wonderfull if every item had apropriate icon :>

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 09:27:10 am »
Heh, this looks pretty cool :) Though I'm pretty sure, that we wouldn't add a new weapons right after 3D implementing. Maybe later, when everything is properly working and balanced ... On the other hand, we still need quite a lot of the armors to be done, so if you'll help with it, it would be a great help. The only thing, is that you have to keep models low poly, while this nice example is definetely over 2000 tris.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 12:24:54 pm »
looks good, still if you can create somethign for the lulz, can you create this weapon

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 01:08:00 pm »
 ;D vault puppet??? you need vault puppet for what??

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 03:22:02 pm »
We don't need that crap. But still we need these "dolls" if you know what I mean:

http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/images/0/00/BENY.gif
http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/images/7/7a/Nixon.gif
http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/images/b/b3/RUBRBOD2.gif

Plus other stuff from the miscellaneous tracker, that is marked as missing.

P.S. Do you really need a separate topic? Maybe it's better to move the whole discussion to the "3d models development" topic?

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 04:07:38 pm »
For starters i will finish what i started an then. I will start make some things :)

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 04:15:10 pm »

P.S. Do you really need a separate topic? Maybe it's better to move the whole discussion to the "3d models development" topic?

It's not that this subforum is bursting with threads. There's no need to put everything into one, giant thread making it a pain in the arse to navigate.

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 05:28:13 pm »
OK maybe.
Finished low poly here is some pictures! :)

still need work on textures i'am still learning :P 545 tris

And here is 3DS file
Rifle.3DS :P
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 06:30:56 pm by Bigj »

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 03:52:58 pm »
Looks really cool, man. Nice job!  ;D
Will we see more of your work?
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 04:20:35 pm »
With all due respect, it looks like homemade gauss rifle.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Offline Gray

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2011, 09:13:23 pm »
High-poly is really awesome and falloutish, but the low-poly looks not so good for such number of polygons. Looks like you have to work with optimization and maybe improve some parts' LOD.

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 07:21:11 am »
Looks really cool, man. Nice job!  ;D
Will we see more of your work?
Thanks! You will definitely see more work from me ;D
With all due respect, it looks like homemade gauss rifle.

Jea this means i didn't get wrong whit design :)
High-poly is really awesome and falloutish, but the low-poly looks not so good for such number of polygons. Looks like you have to work with optimization and maybe improve some parts' LOD.
low polygons give me headache and texturing is nightmare :'( i really need to learn more of texturing to improve my low poly  graphical quality!