"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 01:11:26 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: You talking to me? Or how i fucked up my relations with TLC  (Read 6754 times)

Serbian

• //INSERT WISE ASS SONG LYRICS THAT MAKE NO SENSE//
Re: You talking to me? Or how i fucked up my relations with TLC
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2011, 02:48:17 pm »

To argument Surf, i have to say a few words about only two factors slowly destroyed music: firstly, the age we live in: don't you think that Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald had a bit less flamboyant lifestyle than most 21st "artists", leading to the conclusion that not only did they fail to pass the test of life, they also failed the test of time, as real artists aren't weathered by time. The talent of real musicians simply stays alive no matter their age, no matter the era (Bob Dylan, Savo Skobic, and many others), whilst most of the so-called teen-stars of this millenium are already fading out, not because of their lack of popularity, but because of their lack of talent-their inner fire is rapidly burning out. But that's when editing comes in!
And secondly, i have to agree, many great promising groups have arisen in the past decade, but their number is nothing compared to these star-over-night talentless idiots, that have never been in such large quantites (there have been musical dropouts earlier, but not in such numbers), beleive me i know. For the last decade, around 85% of Serbia's music industry is either pure Turbo-Folk (don't ask what it is, it's for your own safety) or pathetic Electro/Techno wannabees.

I would just like to say that i still respect you for giving logical arguments to my proclamations,
rather than just rambling about my nationality/religion/music preference.
//INSERT WISE ASS POETRY THAT MAKES NO SENSE HERE//

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2011, 05:15:11 pm »

You are comparing "teen" stars, products of the music industry, with "artists". You're wearing rose tinted glasses, as there were as many "crappy" bands and casting-artists back then aswell. People always just remember the good stuff and forget that there was as much crap back then as it is now.

And who are you to determine what a "real artist" is and what not? Hint - it doesn't make you look very "intelligent" as you seem to claim you are.

Serbian

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2011, 09:19:11 pm »

I think i have seen quite a lot of artists in my life (and known all of them personaly) to determine who is a real artist and who not.
And i never said that the music of the past millenium was perfect, there were dropouts, but not in such a high number.
Now if you would still want to argue with me and simply point out your control over both the forums and the game itself, please play this in the background:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q-6H4xOUrs&feature=related

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2011, 09:47:26 pm »

I think i have seen quite a lot of artists in my life (and known all of them personaly) to determine who is a real artist and who not.

Is that so? I've met many people doing art, lived with them and had to live from my own works for quite some time aswell. Does that make me able to determine "real artists" from "fake artists" aswell? No. Because there is no such thing as "real". Everyone who is expressing himself is doing art. The only thing you can determine is wether you like that particular piece or not. Saying that you are able to do that is not only quite teenage-angsty, it's pretty moronic and only shows that you take art as something to help building your artificial ego up. I've no intent to talk about art with such people, but if you come back to reality at some point maybe we can discuss that like normal people do.

Oh, and your puny troll attempts with the Hitler speech only make you look even more like a moron and grant you a warning.

Serbian

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2011, 08:02:10 am »

I would just like to thank you for the friendly e-mail. And that's all. Art and it's quality is determined on multiple factors, mainly the preference of the listener, then (unfortunately) the overall popularity of it, and the persons subjective feel about it. I tried to simplify things as much as i could in my earlier posts, but here is the real thing.
Look, art it self, to be honest, relies on one factor: time itself.
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2011, 07:03:46 pm »

Music is music, some people like some types of music, some people like other types of music.

It's the music that entertains you that is the "good" music, but only for you.

People are people, some people act one way, some people act another way.

It's the people that try to help each other that are the "smart" people, since one person can only handle so much.

But even though i'm an american, i honestly do think serbian does have a valid reason to not like americans. >,.,>

And btw, i did think the chatlog was funny. ^,.,^

15:42:14 • Radio 1595> ss..Listen all you fuckers, lowlives and dirtbags...ss
15:42:30 • You encounter: Broken hills caravan and NCR caravan.
Did the caravan shoot you for saying that?

15:42:53 • Aradesh: ...im coming after you....
15:42:59 • Aradesh: ...your whole clan....
15:43:27 • You encounter: Molerats and Ants.
Why are you picking on the poor moles? they just want to PvP with the evil ant PK's.

15:43:48 • Aradesh: ...tell it to hauntedsoul, a man stood up....
15:43:55 • You have gained 85 experience points.
What the fuh, you gained XP for standing up to someone? man if more bluesuits did that to PK's, they could be level 21 and rape them alot sooner.

15:56:59 • Aradesh: ...for now, ill just be a spectator of your demise...
15:57:17 • You encounter: Slavers and Rangers.
Awww, you heartless bastard, you left those poor slaves to die against the evil power rangers... shame on you!

-Ulrek-
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 07:25:47 pm by Ulrek »

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2011, 10:28:59 pm »

The talent of real musicians simply stays alive no matter their age, no matter the era whilst most of the so-called teen-stars of this millenium are already fading out, not because of their lack of popularity, but because of their lack of talent-their inner fire is rapidly burning out.
I must agree. I must. Even if i listen to something "heavier", or as we call it, Holy Metal, i MUST agree. That's why something (atleast for me) like Metallica's Master of Puppets or System Of A Down's... well, almost anything (for those who dont get it, i'm a real fan of SOAD) will remain in the history, and more important in the hearths and minds of people

I mustnt agree for your hate against Americans. I'm not sure why you hate an entire population (as someone else said, i think it was Floodnik, most of them are brainwashed by medias, even if i hope not anyone) for the decisions of a government. Maybe it's because i'm only 14, but i really dont get it.

It's the people that try to help each other that are the "smart" people, since one person can only handle so much.
Reminds me of one of SOAD's song, Ddevil, the line where it says "smart people outsmart each other".
And i laughed alot at the chatlog too...
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!

SBBM

• Amerikan
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2011, 03:31:32 am »

[...]

But even though i'm an american, i honestly do think serbian does have a valid reason to not like americans. >,.,>
Because Serbian hates all Americans, I should hate all Serbs. It doesn't matter he's one out of many, just that he identifies with Serbia and that's all that I need to know, right?[/serbianslogic]

edit: Oh, and if you can't get this through your heads, I'm done here anyway... Had enough of this trollfest.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 03:33:39 am by SBBM »

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2011, 11:35:01 am »

Ok, i've readed some things that i missed. Thats enough for me.
I feel the need to remind you that we are here for FOnline, not to argue about all those things, like if a musician is great because he born in the right time, if a population should be hated because the decisions of his government (might i rember Armenian Genocide? Last time i checked Armenians didnt hate Turkish population, but tried the dialog to have reconized the errors of his government in the past. Again, i'm only 14, and i could be wrong). We are here because we were hooked by FOnline, and we were all hooked because we share a common love, or atleast interest, for Fallout.
Now, we are not here to judge musicians, or population, or politics. We are here for FOnline. If someone thinks that i'm wrong, please prove me so.
Ok, arguing between a kill and the other is ok, but opening a topic just to brawl, or try to break the forum, is total nonsense.
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!

Serbian

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2011, 04:51:18 pm »

Surf is Surfing. Trolling troll is trolling.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 22 queries.