"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:24:58 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Stupendous ideas about 2238!  (Read 1467 times)

Stupendous ideas about 2238!
« on: August 19, 2011, 10:19:33 pm »

I waked up in the morning today and thought its time for another one of my posts containing ideas to better the world and end world hunger.
First of all everything is ok with the game, i don't think we need new features.
Second economy needs fixing, too many people get caps too easy, think about it like this you get a job in a town or you hunt to make caps but trading is ridiculous.
Third, people can make too many items with crafting, too many people can make/afford BA and miniguns nowadays, we need to make elite arsenal very rare, either make it non craftable and encounter/shopable only or :
Make the high ore mines hostile to players, so no ninja miner can loot there but a big and organised party... this will make things interesting.
Forth, disable banks or somehow make them bustable :D
PS:
I also like the mining on encounters ideas, you are exposed and if the quantity you get is very small i think its great!
That sums it up.
Love,
kindwill
Endurance?
I'm built to regenerate.

Josh

• The Armegeddon Arms Co. is temporarily on hiatus
Re: Stupendous ideas about 2238!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 10:57:01 pm »

I'm guessing you have never really crafted.
1. New features are exciting and as we are now preparing for jump to 3d models and such it is the perfect time to suggest them so that developers can keep them in mind while making development decisions.
2. Med-High level players can get large amounts of caps fairly easily but this is offset by the fact that unless you are a russian PKer who loots all their stuff from victims, you need to buy/barter stuff from players and merchants. And the stuff that will interest you carries a higher price then the half broke mousers newbies will be buying with their shit money.
3. Crafting is good, it opens up a decent selection of items for players who don't get items by looting encounters, it is also is tedious to craft mass quantities as you need to craft one by one. The crafting trade is nicely balanced as almost all the small guns are available to craft and in my experience people who use small guns will be the kind of person who buys or makes them. Whereas the users of big guns tend to look for encounters that will yield big gun stuff and really only buy guns that other people have looted from corpses and bullets.
It would also be bad to remove mining as people who craft generally either sell the product or give it to friend/alt for use. If you make them buy the materials then they will not be able to afford to craft enough, think of sharecropping.
4. Right now banks simply function as a safe place to store caps when you do not have a tent or base. Being secure is the only real benefit that they offer to users and you are suggesting taking that away?
When you hear people talking about the great leader of the Armeggedon Arms Co., there talking about me. On the flip side when you hear them laughing about the Plague who stood next to guard and died or something else like that, that would be my brother Ben.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 08:08:31 am »

Anyone else that wants to disagree with me that the economy is ok and the game is hard enough and that they don't have zillions of brotherhood armors and miniguns stockpiled and at least 3 alts with bases?
Besides, this is post apocalyptic world, thank god you found that 10mm pistol (or crafted it), you shouldn't have a plasma rifle or other high tech stuff unless you just broke into some weapons facility.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 08:11:41 am by kindwill »
Endurance?
I'm built to regenerate.

Josh

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 09:28:22 am »

I would like to disagree in the sense that everyone has access to "zillions of brotherhood armors." The situation is comparable to the US wealth distribution in which a minority has mass amounts of wealth and passes it off to descendants, which are in this case alts or clanmates. Just like in the real world there are wealthy individuals and families, a middle class, and the less noticed poor class. The poor class in this case is the bluesuits, some of whom will ascend to the other catagories, most of whom will quit. To the poor class the situation you described is true; that leather jacket is precious, a tent is a castle, the mouser/10mm pistol a close friend who comes and goes, and the plasma rifle a fleeting moment of fortune to be lost after a brief period of time.
When you hear people talking about the great leader of the Armeggedon Arms Co., there talking about me. On the flip side when you hear them laughing about the Plague who stood next to guard and died or something else like that, that would be my brother Ben.

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 11:59:55 am »

Wow. That's what we needed in that game. A psychologist.
Now, joke apart (even if is partly true ::)) i agree with Josh. With a difference. I NEVER saw a Plasma Rifle in-game, especially in the hands of a bluesuit-leather jacket. I've seen one only one time: a broken one in the Hinkley ;D
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 11:19:34 pm »

You can find new plasma rifles in SF traders in the beginning of the city and at gun runners.
Edit: and on a trader in Necropolis.

kindwill I suggest you try crafting a BA and check the amount of materials it requires and the amount of cooldown you get.
As for other items, good items require HQ stuff and crafting gives cooldowns.

HQ mines are already not friendly. You can kill and be killed there.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 01:27:00 am by HertogJan »
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 02:29:50 pm »

Its all about limitations, my point is the devs can make better limitations then crafting cooldowns.
And nothing should be safe :)

Oh, and Josh seems to be always missing the point, no offence man.
You compared the economy if usa with the economy of fallout and gave examples of class and stuff.
Come on, i hate communism also, and it would be great if the economy would mimic present day where 5% is rich and 95% is poor.
The problem in fallout is that the majority is rich and there is a minority of noob players who don't know to make caps that remain poor.
You got it now? :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 02:34:52 pm by kindwill »
Endurance?
I'm built to regenerate.

Josh

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 06:48:27 pm »

Actually I like some of the principles of communism and I was pointing out that previous system was as broken as american economy. The reason you don't see that many "poor" is because the majority of them quit. If you were to look at all the people who have played you will probably find more of a poor class. Also I don't think that many poor people would alt as it would just be one more poor character.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 09:35:14 pm »

i must agree a bit with both of you

first the "rich" players have tons of alts that have milions of caps. also they got a lot of friend to go PK im mines and loot the HW shit wile the slaves work in private mines to get the normal tier maths and use the gastation/outpost for fibers and with the over 9000 armorer alts they make tons of BAs. this is ridiculos(armors are the only non-farmeble gear in game, thing that shoud change)

also, even if a low tier noob player have the luck to encounter a high tier piece of weapon like a plasma rifle, the first think they think is they can lose it since there skill is veary low, so they will keep it or they will use ot when they ill be of a higher level. If loners will make friends that can trust and make small partys that will grow then they will be able to do the same thing as rich people, since farming super mutants is hard for 1 player(and imposible if it is a noob)

thos the games main economic problem is this: loners are poor and quit cuz the game is imposible, big groups have even bigger gear and money

there can be lonely players that can make money b4 making groups( like my friend raynor ) but only because he was firstly in a bigger group and had learn how to do builds and how to abuse featchures)

we need something that will make big groups a bit weaker and loners a bit stronger
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 10:27:30 pm »

There is no economy. Economy means trading. There is no trade. Everyone have to exploit everything for themselves or die waiting on cooldowns. We need at leas some economy which can be fixed.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 07:23:47 am »

I agree, player trading should be stimulated, even more so because it is so unsafe.
That means that there are some items that you cannot make with your horde of alts that are worth trading for else we will still have no trade.
That brings us to crafting and how we can make everything from it :)

Josh people that do not want to learn quit, people that stay learn to make the caps and move onwards.There will never be a poor class in this game with the present day mechanics, unless there is a class that plays 5 minutes a day or like to stay dumb.
Endurance?
I'm built to regenerate.
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2011, 06:00:55 pm »

Besides, this is post apocalyptic world

I think you haven't played fallout 1 and 2
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.518 seconds with 24 queries.