Author Topic: Fallout Online: Australia  (Read 114762 times)

Offline Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
Re: Fallout Online: Australia
« Reply #225 on: November 05, 2012, 05:48:18 pm »
Why did you choose to stop your game ?

« Reply #226 on: November 05, 2012, 08:53:59 pm »
Is this project open souce? Worldmap is quiet nice but most of locations need to be reworked as hell.

Offline brad smalls

• I like PK
« Reply #227 on: November 05, 2012, 11:41:12 pm »
It was stoped because of two things the first was lack of players there were 4 or 5 players on it (GR1M Mcdoctor Reese and one of reeses freinds) and he is working on other projects that can make him money on the unity engine
Brad Smalls is back

« Reply #228 on: November 06, 2012, 03:50:40 am »
it stopped because not enough players ? wtf?
I wanted to get in on that shit but it wasnt even closed beta, I was waiting for them to open the friggen servers up, now all of a sudden you quit because no players?

Offline brad smalls

• I like PK
« Reply #229 on: November 06, 2012, 04:27:25 am »
it was open for 2 months
Brad Smalls is back

« Reply #230 on: November 06, 2012, 04:52:01 am »
~getaccess admin password

password you must check in server/fonlineserver.cfg

I don't have australia files so I can't check password but it must be in cfg file.

There's no pass.

Just "Admin =                "

« Reply #231 on: November 06, 2012, 08:00:33 am »
So type your own password.

Offline Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #232 on: November 06, 2012, 08:21:39 am »
it stopped because not enough players ? wtf?
I wanted to get in on that shit but it wasnt even closed beta, I was waiting for them to open the friggen servers up, now all of a sudden you quit because no players?

as Brad says it was open for 2 months, The first week was exceptional. but the playerbase died off, Most of the news was presented through either this thread, Moddb and Facebook and the IRC
Founder of Fallout Online Australia

Offline Mr Feltzer

« Reply #233 on: November 06, 2012, 08:22:44 am »
Why did you choose to stop your game ?

I chose to stop it because there was a very low player count. and the donations ran out.

I honestly wouldn't care about what the player count was so long as we were getting enough donations to run the server. I dont even have a job so I cant support server costs myself

« Reply #234 on: November 06, 2012, 08:34:31 am »
Let's donate a job to Feltzer so I can estabilish FuckYoLandia and get more encounters with a huge military patrol in APA killing small families.

Offline Mr Feltzer

« Reply #235 on: November 06, 2012, 10:33:05 am »
ahaha, I dont want a Job, Im still in school! I want donations :D

Offline maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #236 on: November 06, 2012, 11:48:18 am »
you have made bold decsiosn to develop game only by yourself. especially in such form. many project falls becouse no one is draw any conclusions from other projects. you can deny it - FONLINE IS TEAM PvP GAME.

Offline Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #237 on: November 06, 2012, 01:07:59 pm »
Mush you're right... or at least no one managed to show the game on a different way. I don't think anyone could change that either, knowing the engine and the barriers resulting of this retro technology xD. Anyways, Feltzer didn't put anyone else in a sad situation because of his choices so I'd say it doesn't matter much. He decided his way, and followed it with an awesome dose of courage. To me, you at least lacked someone to advertise your project. I don't remember enough attempts to show us how great it was. Putting Fallout in Australia can seem strange at first look, but it can bring a lot of great concepts I'm sure. Thing is, the only souvenir I have about it is an early screenshot with ugly (at least imho :))) new desert tiles and nothing else on it. Never heard of a single game concept or mechanic. I certainly didn't pay enough attention. But... well, I spent some time reading about every project, and since not many have lived for some time, that's a shame I missed this one. Maybe, as Mushroom said, I wasn't interested because the game wasn't PvP oriented.

Well, in any case I wish you good luck with your future projects ! ;)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 01:15:34 pm by Shangalar »

Offline manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #238 on: November 06, 2012, 01:16:50 pm »
I didn't even know that server was online.

« Reply #239 on: November 06, 2012, 02:40:21 pm »
Mr Feltzer, are you developing anything interesting right now?