"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 05:54:52 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: NCR Defence event #1  (Read 44232 times)

Re: NCR Defence event #1
« Reply #195 on: February 15, 2010, 03:30:32 pm »

for the next event have a sign up (register list) for the event would be a real good idea it would give i dunno first 50 players maybe a chance at it but if enough people signed up then you would have a good idea as to how many events to run of the same kind? not to mention smaller numbers alot less hassle for organising it and running it

also if the signing up form had dif times on it so if you could (were able/had time to do) run the event 3/4 times in 1 day then the players who have signed up to the time slot they are able to attened they would be able to participate and have fun the level thing personally i do not agree with however if it were staged low lvl's mid lvl's high lvl's then i could not disagree with that

i mainly disagree with exp limit for events cos alot of new players or low lvl players cannot join in the fun which is extremely unfair as it should be fun for all after all it is a game for all

as for the event itself can you pick a town with more than 1 map to it? like for instance the hub? (personally i can't think how many any town has map parts and im in the game) that way you could be looking at a defence on more than 1 front which would limit players per map and help organise such a defence a little better? (i think personally anyway) would this even be possible to do??

the other thing can you run more than 1 event at a time? this could be another idea have people turn up to the event and set them on different events? like NCR defence first 50 people VAULT CITY assault second 50 and so on?
« Reply #196 on: February 15, 2010, 04:37:56 pm »

Hi guys

So i just wanted to add some observations by professional gamedesigner.  However i appreciate your courage to create such event i must admit that it was a chaser. Not talking here about server performance, in some point i accept this as an part of betatesting and performance testing of the resources you have, so no problem with this, you know that next-time you should buy more memory or upgrade connectivity or whatever the problem was. By the designers point of view i suggest some changes.

• Turn off friendly fire so no stupid PK or other players can shoot other players just for fun and ruin their fun of the event
  • Turn off the playerXplayer collisions that will help with the blocking problem
  • Open space for weapons nothing was more frustrating than taking weapons and equipment from closed place full of players where you can't even  point the mouse to stuff you want, here if you would use the main square, that would be much better place
  • Use more different enemies there should be more kinds of enemies that would have different sight range and weapons , so it is possible for biggunners inf first lines, to shoot and fight such enemies. Now it happened that lot of people was shot by enemies they wasn't even able to spot

I think those few points should solve most of in-game problems of this event and can help you in next events. Anyway thank you for this great game and keep on your great work, no good game was born without problems and mistakes.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 04:39:29 pm by OGINATOR »
THE day after, after the event of course
« Reply #197 on: February 15, 2010, 05:42:15 pm »

sooooooooooo yea, was pissed yesterday now doing good, i mean its maybe the leftover bottle of baccardi mojito from after the event yesterday, or maybe its the beers at lunch breake or the three coronas on the way home from work. but damn, sooooooooo over the ... that happeend to almost 200 palyers yersterday.

c ya all on the wastes,

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #198 on: February 15, 2010, 05:47:04 pm »

maybe we'll get some vengeance metz ;)

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #199 on: February 15, 2010, 05:56:12 pm »

Here is the video I took during the event. Sound is FOnline's soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSXUdBp2Bk4

Full view can be good looking, by the way.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #200 on: February 15, 2010, 06:11:43 pm »

Here is the video I took during the event. Sound is FOnline's soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSXUdBp2Bk4

Full view can be good looking, by the way.
8:30+ is so epic. The last stand. Looks awsome, sucks i didnt made till it :D
I give a fuck.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #201 on: February 15, 2010, 06:14:25 pm »

"
This was real fun. Pretty much the part of killing bluesuits to kick em was best. "  ::)
« Reply #202 on: February 15, 2010, 06:22:35 pm »

the other thing can you run more than 1 event at a time? this could be another idea have people turn up to the event and set them on different events? like NCR defence first 50 people VAULT CITY assault second 50 and so on?
This just threw an idea for me: Two completly same events would be quite freaky and unlogical. What if one part of people, like first 50, defend NCR, other half attack Navarro? After it ends, if theres another 100 people, you repeat the event. Set the lvl cap for the event like +11/15 and for lower lvls, would it be possible to make more simple event, like defending a base from raiders? Not than now i want to ''isolate'' low lvls, it just doesnt fit - lvl 1s fighting enclaves with 380 hp. Not much sense there.
Edit: Also, with yesterdays event experience, its quite sure that making two events for 50 people would be faster, better, easyer, than one for 100.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 06:29:30 pm by Quentin Lang »
I give a fuck.
« Reply #203 on: February 15, 2010, 06:45:30 pm »

Congratulations to the game masters team for their work and this huge event!

Thank you for this big moment on FOnline 2238. Tandy is dead :(

@ + + IG ( hey i'v the presidential pass ? muahahaha )

FischiPiSti

• frikkin' SledgeHammer
« Reply #204 on: February 15, 2010, 07:23:24 pm »

This just threw an idea for me: Two completly same events would be quite freaky and unlogical. What if one part of people, like first 50, defend NCR, other half attack Navarro? After it ends, if theres another 100 people, you repeat the event. Set the lvl cap for the event like +11/15 and for lower lvls, would it be possible to make more simple event, like defending a base from raiders? Not than now i want to ''isolate'' low lvls, it just doesnt fit - lvl 1s fighting enclaves with 380 hp. Not much sense there.
Edit: Also, with yesterdays event experience, its quite sure that making two events for 50 people would be faster, better, easyer, than one for 100.
I dont think that would solve the lag issue :/
Troll.
HtH suggestions: Melee: +DR(PA)
Unarmed: +AC(active sneak should boost AC as they are "less visible")
General "class" idea pool in the form of new perks with high skillrequirements: http://anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Professions
« Reply #205 on: February 15, 2010, 07:35:15 pm »

love the video but even after alot were booted (myself being 1 of them) it still looks to be too laggy to be honest i most def think reducing the number of people would help but then again if every1 logged on to play anevent would that not cause lag even if they were not all on the same map or is the lag not there when every1 registered is online?

Lacan

• [TSAR]Sol & [TSAR]Ketur
« Reply #206 on: February 15, 2010, 08:26:44 pm »

Thanks for the video ! Good work ;D

"la voiture a disparu"; ha !
« Reply #207 on: February 15, 2010, 08:28:55 pm »

No wonder I miss all the events this shit was done before noon.

hitman47

• http://server14.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sr
« Reply #208 on: February 16, 2010, 04:48:32 pm »

No wonder I miss all the events this shit was done before noon.

Well maybe if u knew how to coordinate your self with the time zones u wouldnt have this problem, if u could not wake up, then move to europe hhahah.

And the event was not bad too much lag too much wating and too short.

This would be good if there was raiders (players)  and defenders also players. the bots are cheap and as soon as they see u they shot. next time make it more fun.

And respawn at more places then just one.

Thank you for your time .... and nice try
2kis ........

Tank Junior

• A biker in the wasteland.
« Reply #209 on: February 17, 2010, 01:00:38 pm »

Really great event. Big thanks to gm's making something like this happen. The event had some problems but that was expected.
And i agree that we should limit the future events with slots and with player lvl of 18+.

And thanks to Izual for making another interesting video  ;)
When I think of Maureen, I think of two things: asphalt... and trouble.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 18 queries.