"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 20, 2024, 10:55:09 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Bring the Bars to life  (Read 7236 times)

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
Re: Bring the Bars to life
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2011, 04:54:14 pm »

Well, if its not a problem:
As i said above, i think bars are (currently) rather shallow. Just a few NPC's, restrooms and thats it. Not one living human or even reptilian soul. Nothing. my suggestion is to bring a little bit more life to the bars: Jukeboxes with vintage 50s-60s music (Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong and even Johnny Cash, although he doesn't quite fit into the atmosphere), random quests given out by the bartenders or drunkies, such as: kill Z in XY coordinates, and return with his possesions (dogtags probably?), find him a rare item (Cat's Paw or other?), investigate a cave, and simmilair. But my probably greates suggestion would be that bars should acctualy be a place for players to come together-not for the quests, just come together. Why not lower alchohol prices in the bars, whilst increase prices of other items? Makes sence if you ask me. Plus probably (after implementation of news in every major town, if it happens), players who start a fight in the bar be in the newspaper the next morning, with the victorious one being contacted by a local fight organizer (arenas), to come and test his skills in the arena. I also have a pretty trivial suggestion: why not ad some activities for the "flavor"? Such as darts, billiard (based on a simple dialog, using say to add the names of your opponents, although they will have to add you too), making a good foundation for barfly RPing. Oh, and as far as these activites go (the ones mentioned above), the success rate should be based on the players luck and gambling partialy, with a base 25% chance of winning, that is not based on your skills or stats, thus balancing it.

I also would love to hear some Johnny Cash but while I was looking for royalty free music I couldn't find anything by him, so unfortunately that may be out.

I really like the bar fight idea, and it got me thinking. In order for bar fights to be less exploitable/ridiculous, how about a few guidelines;

1. It is legal to fight in a bar as long as you are fighting with only bare hands. no guns, and knife fights belong in dark alley ways

2. it is ILLEGAL to kill someone; the fight may only last until knockout, but murders are bad for business.

3. You must be drunk; The bar is here to sell booze, so buy something or get out. If you get a bit carried away with your drinking thats ok but you better buy another!

4. There is a cool-down for bar fighting, its acceptable to get carried away sometimes but too much is too much and you will be asked to leave if you become a problem. Failure to comply may result in permanent injury to your person.

Serbian

• //INSERT WISE ASS SONG LYRICS THAT MAKE NO SENSE//
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2011, 05:36:19 pm »

Yep, thats pretty much what i wanted to write about bar fights, but i thought my post was as complicated already. Oh, and maybe some Frank Sinatra, if there are some songs of his on the public archive, i might see to it.
//INSERT WISE ASS POETRY THAT MAKES NO SENSE HERE//

Serbian

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2011, 05:40:57 pm »

And now, for the pure awesomeness that is Louis, and of course for the Fallout nostalgia, i present, Dream A Little Dream by Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-xzfwDAn1I

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2011, 05:41:22 pm »

Classic!

Yep, thats pretty much what i wanted to write about bar fights, but i thought my post was as complicated already. Oh, and maybe some Frank Sinatra, if there are some songs of his on the public archive, i might see to it.

I have already posted some Frank S. but by all means have a look for more. That archive is fantastic, and you can trust anything you find there to be legal to use for this purpose.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 05:42:55 pm by jonny rust »

Serbian

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2011, 06:16:01 pm »

Wow, finaly someone who respects music the way its SUPPOSED to be. Cheers to you Johnny, cheers.

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2011, 06:23:05 pm »

and cheers to you Serbian!
after we get those Jukeboxes you and me should have a few drinks and appreciate some music.;D

Serbian

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2011, 06:24:24 pm »

Yep, just like good 'ol times before the nukes...

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2011, 06:26:14 pm »

I seen a picture once...

Serbian

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2011, 06:27:20 pm »

How was it like? Any craters?

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2011, 06:30:01 pm »

How was it like? Any craters?

no craters, just a whole lotta' real-clean-folks smiling and carry'in on. Not a care in the world...

but hey, look what happened to them! right?

Serbian

« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2011, 06:32:16 pm »

Yep, grins no more. Just a few ashes, and well, more ashes.

Serbian

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2011, 06:33:56 pm »

I once saw a poster of some place called New York. Wait, isn't York a ciggarete brand? Man, whole settlements bought by large tobacco running tribes.

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2011, 06:44:05 pm »

yea, smokes must have been a currency back then....

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2011, 06:59:11 pm »

It's waiting for the next update.

This mean that You wont see it in this year :D

FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2011, 07:12:06 pm »

:P
This mean that You wont see it in this year :D

you seem pretty proud of yourself but I'm pretty sure the next update is coming soon. Even if its not the next update but the one after that at least it's happening.

From what I have seen of your comments so far you seem to be one of the most counterproductive people on this forum, but i guess i could be wrong about that. 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 18 queries.