"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 03:32:08 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fallout 1&2 Companions  (Read 1639 times)

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
Fallout 1&2 Companions
« on: June 26, 2011, 11:04:28 am »

I was thinking 'bout adding back good 'ol Fallout 1&2 companions, maybe with different names but same roles so we dont break the canon. For example, we might add Sulik, call him "Chosen Tribal Warrior", and add him as a companion. Or Goris, call him "Deathclaw scientist" and add him back.
Maybe with that a new location, Hotel of broken dreams (like the name uh? ;) ) could be added just to chat with classical companions. What do ya think 'bout this mons?
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!
Re: Fallout 1&2 Companions
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 11:13:09 am »

solar has said that there will be companions but if they have some sort of back story to them is another question. im not sure having a deathclaw scientist would be suitable, sure goris existed but seeing many of them around the wasteland would be ridiculous.

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 11:16:20 am »

Mine was just a suggestion. I talked of Goris because it was the first companion that came in my mind. Maybe a "Domesticated Deathclaw"? Sounds better. The fact is that i'm sick of the "Yes master?" of my slaves. A little help from someone with a mind would be something good.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 12:34:33 pm »

there will be companions after wipe that will do something like that

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 03:08:58 pm »

Goris1, Goris2, Goris3 ...
After wipe You will see how it will look like.

I think that first of all NPC followers should have same color as team members.
Then we can think about other ideas.
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 03:11:49 pm »

Hey, my suggestion was 'bout givin a personality to companions, i just used Goris as an example. I also mentioned Sulik, why now everyone is against Goris? Racists.

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 03:19:56 pm »

I have nothing to Goris, but there are other probles which should be done first.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 07:12:56 pm by Graf »
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 03:26:40 pm »

As i said, it was just a suggestion. Relaaaax.
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 05:01:28 am »

i guess shooting down the deathclaw idea is because it was suggested several times to be able to tame them but that resulted in a big fat "NO!". we are talking about companions so we easily accept another human but if i said i want an ant/mantis/giant rat/centipede as a companion most of you would think that is completely stupid to which i could argue why not? you wanted a deathclaw and that was perfectly not such a stupid idea.

i just hope this suggestion doesnt extend to robots.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 05:20:25 am »

In 2238:

* Tycho is dead. Grilled by a flamer in Necropolis while he joined the Vault Dwellers quest. Rest in Peace.
* Ian is supposed to be dead. His cameo in FO2 has been cancelled alongside with an entire location. (The Abbey). Thank god.
* Dogmeat died in the forcefields in Mariposa.
* Not much is known about Katja, she was a useless Follower in FO1 anyway (if we just talk combat)
* Marcus is in the middle of building up a town and getting rid of problems dealing with interracial issues long before the Chosen One shows up.
* Lenny is just a small fish in the bowl, bemoaning his choice not to help the vault dweller.
* Myron is just about to  (further) develop Jet. His big role in Reno is yet to develop.
* Cassidy is yet to arrive in Vault City/building his bar.
* K-9 is everything but alive.
* Goris is a talking deathclaw and disqualifies itself by that mere fact in 2238.
* Miria/Davin don't really count as companions anyway, with their usefulness pending between "none" to reaching negative numbers.
* Sulik did shit and is paying back with work for this mistake.
* Skynets inanity level exploits normal grounds and disqualifies tenfold of 2238 believability.

This all besides the fact that it would look ridicolous to have Marcus1, Marcus2, oh hai Marcus3, ah there is Pwnz0rxD13095, his follower is Cassidy2092331313, let's welcome him! Companions are ok, as long as they make sense and have enoug variety.

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 11:19:40 am »

Dont kill my suggestion so brutally. It was just a suggestion :'(
Apart from that, the main goal of my suggestion was to give companions a little personality, and if they have a background, better.
However, for the Ian fact, i dunno what is canon. He was ready, just to be added. And not abbey, it was in VC village if i'm not wrong. Maybe VC. (Killap places him in VC courtyard)
By the way, who is Katja?
Atleast thanks for destroing a suggestion with reasonable motives. It's a rare thing, keep going! (This was not humor, i am serious maybe for the first time in my life)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 07:10:30 pm by Graf »

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 11:49:19 am »

Surf,
Erase Broken Hills for the sake of reality plox also remove Jet, geez. How do you know Cassidy isnt already there. Also my favorite, SAD is still closed and ready for assembling a robot follower, just as it was 2 years later.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 07:11:46 pm by Graf »
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 01:04:05 pm »

katja+.223 pistol=gold in Fallout 1

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2011, 12:13:10 pm »

@Kraskish
? what this mean? broken hills was already built in 2238, why erasing it? And Jet was already sold in 2238, since it should have been invented nearly around 2238.

EDIT:
@Surf, you forgot about the cyberdog. They could be given out to players.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 12:39:24 pm by Grommok »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 22 queries.