Author Topic: FO: Desert Europe  (Read 153695 times)

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
Re: FO: Desert Europe
« Reply #420 on: August 09, 2012, 11:44:45 am »
Ok, tell me how you would let people throw quests and dialogs to the server, i mean why is open source needed for the operation if you wont commit/update?

It's up to people with write access to decide what should be in the repository.

Having read access only helps and doesn't hurt if someone thinks he can propose something
but isn't part of the core team. Many things can be done easier if you can see the repository
and have access to source files for reference etc. It prevents doing same things twice. It's
also simply a matter of showing a bit of respect to other people, if you take things from them.
And I see no reason why there should be some kind of "second class" category of developers
(AKA "you don't need to see this") existing.

It's not to criticize anyone, just what I think would work better. Feel free to think otherwise.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 11:56:45 am by JovankaB »

« Reply #421 on: August 09, 2012, 11:50:18 am »
Wow FOnline is serious games because no one wants make open source :D Lol, do you earn money from it? Fallout/Fonline community is so small to make this shit. Why we must make new scripts (example awareness) and other solutions few times because you or someone do not release it? :D Oh crap, god thx you for TLA.

Shall I buy 2238 source? How much do you want? 10€ for 1 map? :D

« Reply #422 on: August 09, 2012, 11:59:59 am »
Having read access only helps and doesn't hurt if someone thinks he can propose something
but isn't part of the core team. Many things can be done easier if you can see the repository
and have access to source files for reference etc. It prevents doing same things twice. It's
also simply a matter of showing a bit of respect to other people, if you take things from them.

That's enough of talk :D I do not like writing on forum because i see no cause of it, but this one is usefull , knowing your point of view i mean. Discussion wont go anywhere more, It is good to know 2238 Developer point of view about making game BY GAMERS FOR GAMERS. Lets see what other players think about this flexiblity of working with own players to make a better server ;)

Thanks god we are talking about fode, because if this would be about 2238 that would look like 2238 devs say something and do else what is in they meant bad.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 12:34:06 pm by wesan »

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #423 on: August 09, 2012, 12:05:54 pm »
I'm talking about FOnline development in general without pointing fingers at anyone.
Good luck with your project.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 12:11:29 pm by JovankaB »

« Reply #424 on: August 09, 2012, 12:10:28 pm »
I'm talking about FOnline development in general without pointing fingers at anyone.
Good luck with your project.

Yeah, i wish them goodluck too.

« Reply #425 on: September 16, 2012, 06:27:27 pm »

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #426 on: September 16, 2012, 06:56:18 pm »
Nice, I see you add pedestrian crosswalks too :)

The stuff on roof has wrong perspective:

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #427 on: September 17, 2012, 11:45:43 am »
The bridge looks very thin and I think you should move the pedestrian crosswalk a bit more up (or remove one tile column, making it 2 tiles width). It hangs too close on the bridge. Are the hotel signs single roof tiles or did you make one big roof tile out of it with invisible fake tiles to get back the disappearing roof functionality when a player steps under it?

« Reply #428 on: September 17, 2012, 12:54:01 pm »
The bridge looks very thin and I think you should move the pedestrian crosswalk a bit more up (or remove one tile column, making it 2 tiles width). It hangs too close on the bridge.
you're right ; )

Are the hotel signs single roof tiles or did you make one big roof tile out of it with invisible fake tiles to get back the disappearing roof functionality when a player steps under it?
Hotel signs is one big roof. But the point axis XY is moved under the roof
...look

Offline Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #429 on: September 17, 2012, 01:01:57 pm »
Beautiful as always..

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #430 on: September 17, 2012, 02:39:41 pm »
Good idea with the roof stuff. Simple and effective.

« Reply #431 on: September 17, 2012, 09:21:23 pm »
Nice but you should do more europe scenery (roads, buildings).

i like very much that kind of walls and if you draw more buildings that type, should be better.

« Reply #432 on: November 30, 2012, 10:14:58 pm »
 Anything new about FOnline: Desert Europe? Would be cool if someone could tell me what is happening at the moment. It's been two months and nothing.

Offline Jenova

• Rise
    • FODE
« Reply #433 on: November 30, 2012, 11:30:45 pm »
Shhh, secret progress. Top secret. ;)

Offline Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #434 on: December 01, 2012, 12:12:31 am »
you're right ; )