Author Topic: FO: Desert Europe  (Read 153724 times)

Re: FO: Desert Europe
« Reply #345 on: December 12, 2011, 09:23:07 am »
BTW, my avatar is stolen from internet, i used it even without asking author of it if i could. Anybody wanna sue me?

Epic  ;D! My too!
For xenom: when can we download client? Do you organise closed beta test soon for christmas?

« Reply #346 on: December 12, 2011, 09:28:02 am »
BTW, my avatar is stolen from internet, i used it even without asking author of it if i could. Anybody wanna sue me?

My not ;)

We do not want to kill project 2238, or take them players. We want wake up sleeping person and we have laid a big emphasis on the advert to FOnline among completely new "human & mutants" because there are still many who do not know the true magic of the game FOnline ;)
Good FOnline is not only server without bugs and PK etc. Server is created by playing people,they are his power and he drive developers to continue working.

Offline Astenu

• I am APK- Addicted Player Killer
« Reply #347 on: December 12, 2011, 10:18:10 am »
None of us want 2238 to die, but its killing itself. We know that lack of progress in any area of life is certain death. people these days are very demanding and get bored fast. My point is that we need a lot of content in game like the original Fallout had, unlike new games that are putting most of its power in graphic mumbo jumbo. Interesting and nice looking graphs are also important but we hove more then just one sense and curiosity is the strongest one so personally i want to explore something new and surprising as long as possible and its this little something that keeps me playing games. Im bored with all those "sailor moon" RPG's common in the net. Here we have something different with great potential and some great people who are sacrificing their own free time to make it real and to amuse others. Unlike Fallout, devs in Fonline are in small amount and basically cant do everything but in the same time they are close to most constructive criticism from community and suggestions. I think this is dead end that kills 2238. That's why i hope you guys developing DE wont get this silly attitude "Fonline/DE is my child, dont tell me how to raise it u dump shit! I know better coz i said so!!!" I imagine this all ain't easy and there is some tension, but maybe healthy competition between both dev's groups will be the push that will make move both projects into new future with benefit for simple trolls like me, who just wanna play and have some fun and feel part of something really cool.
My biggest dream is to push the red button and to set the world on fire.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #348 on: December 12, 2011, 10:27:47 am »
I don't think that anyone of us sees this as competition. After all, developing the game is still just a hobby and not a project to gain fame. By the way, we listen a lot to criticism and suggestions and we read pretty much everything of it, regardless of how aggressive and insulting the poster is writing. Lots of things changed already due to players suggestions, I don't know why many people are dismissing this all the time.

« Reply #349 on: December 12, 2011, 10:33:50 am »
None of us want 2238 to die, but its killing itself. We know that lack of progress in any area of life is certain death. people these days are very demanding and get bored fast. My point is that we need a lot of content in game like the original Fallout had, unlike new games that are putting most of its power in graphic mumbo jumbo. Interesting and nice looking graphs are also important but we hove more then just one sense and curiosity is the strongest one so personally i want to explore something new and surprising as long as possible and its this little something that keeps me playing games. Im bored with all those "sailor moon" RPG's common in the net. Here we have something different with great potential and some great people who are sacrificing their own free time to make it real and to amuse others. Unlike Fallout, devs in Fonline are in small amount and basically cant do everything but in the same time they are close to most constructive criticism from community and suggestions. I think this is dead end that kills 2238. That's why i hope you guys developing DE wont get this silly attitude "Fonline/DE is my child, dont tell me how to raise it u dump shit! I know better coz i said so!!!" I imagine this all ain't easy and there is some tension, but maybe healthy competition between both dev's groups will be the push that will make move both projects into new future with benefit for simple trolls like me, who just wanna play and have some fun and feel part of something really cool.
It is easy for me. If my team will be not able to make good solutions and give satisfaction for players, than all our work we will given for people who are able to continue this and are able to make everything much better.

Client will be available on christmas, that will be not cbt, only test with many wipes to find and fix most important bugs on maps.

I agree in many point with Lex, it is diferent situation when you are player, and when you are dev.
Everything is easy to say, but sometimes is very hard to put one new thing in game.
For example i am working every secondary night more like 12 hours and this is very hard to find free time for free project. Many scripts are making only fixes and configurations and that is not visible for players in game.
Every project has "death line" and i think, in good time 2238 will back with many changes and addons.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 10:42:38 am by xenom »

Offline Astenu

• I am APK- Addicted Player Killer
« Reply #350 on: December 12, 2011, 11:06:30 am »
I don't think that anyone of us sees this as competition. After all, developing the game is still just a hobby and not a project to gain fame. By the way, we listen a lot to criticism and suggestions and we read pretty much everything of it, regardless of how aggressive and insulting the poster is writing. Lots of things changed already due to players suggestions, I don't know why many people are dismissing this all the time.
I'm not dismissing your effort in making game better, im aware its a hobby of yours and im really grateful u guys doing it. I don't look forward to V13 project coz i'm rather sure it wont meet my expectations as Fonline did. Still i wanna see it evolving. That's why i think about "healthy" competition. No overzealous crap or something. I'm new to Fonline, been reading through forum a lot now and playing since spring so im not really in position to point your mistakes, just express my feelings about it without hating coz it wont help anyone. U already know that people will always complain no matter what u do. I just putted a lot of hope in to Fonline and feel bit sad with player count dropping as it makes my fun bit lower then few months ago. Last Changelog is dated 07/03/2011 and there isnt much rumors about next one, not to mention famous wipe (i know u probably hate this word now ;)).
If people will think you are to busy with other matters, not Fonline, then they will leave as we are not necrophiliacs. We don't wanna play witch dead body ;). That's what worries me. I hope that soon i will be very surprised and will have to feel stupid about what i just said.
My biggest dream is to push the red button and to set the world on fire.

« Reply #351 on: December 12, 2011, 01:36:35 pm »
Developer sometimes need a long rest without players opinions. I know, that is hard to understand, but propably  when DE server will start, than 2238 devs will find the silence to "respawn" their server with much more power. And than we will take rest for few months.

You must know this, DE in OBT propably will have many bugs. Why? becouse we did started our work on this game only 8 months ago. We don't have any experience in manage server with players. But i know that many players help us very fast fix all bugs and make game more and more advanced.
Other thing is that - we need scripters. Two of our scripters are too young and have school, and now I am making almost all scripts and configurations alone.

If someone from you are knowing Angelscript or C/C++ than our dev team is open for that person.

« Reply #352 on: December 15, 2011, 08:53:49 am »
Shit I really lose allot of spam and trolling, but I'm ready for more.

In new year our project gonna be just open for players. It gonna be more like: the project "FODE" is still in dev just open for players. Please don't see it as a real OTB because it's just not real. Everybody got there own lives, and we do our best. But plans are just really hard to make on the planed date. We were aware of the amount of work. We still need to do allot, but we are doing it and we will do it. No matter what!

About stealing, just ask the authors (of the things you believed to be steal) That we really steal it or they give it. And if you got no prof stop it please.

The World is ready, not really we got allot of bugs. Things to do. We planing just do a version, that players can decide what they really want to see on our server.

Sorry for my English. And see yaa in january in the game.

The Scars

« Reply #353 on: December 15, 2011, 01:30:41 pm »

you dont try ???!!!

And what is this? and where is this topic? Who delete him? is it ok?

...This is all what you want to say? oh... it's a pity because I am still waiting for that list from you.

You and Mr. "X" drove this trooll machine and we are so stupid that we are caught up into this talk.
But thanks, because I learned that for some comments write-off is waste of time and this time I could spend on something more useful.  Patience I will be learned from 2238 developers ;)

You dont sit with us on mumble and you have no idea what we have relationships.
So please do not drives another nonsens topic...
thx...
I think DE is more like an open project, because if it`s not and you demand some rights to it you have to figure out that with fallout owners, otherwise you stole their graphics, world, etc.

« Reply #354 on: December 15, 2011, 01:51:49 pm »
i am wondering about de craft system. i saw plenty of items and resources and i dont like to collecting 20items to create pa ;/

« Reply #355 on: December 15, 2011, 01:56:23 pm »
I guess the major assumption is that, that everyone runs as bluesuit with rock. If you are nolife you can have PA.

« Reply #356 on: December 15, 2011, 02:19:25 pm »
Low stuff easy (really). Medium stuff medium. High stuff hard. But not 20 items not even 7. High stuff more team work (then it's easy). If you gonna be alone in the desert it's not so easy to craft high technology stuff. But you don't spend allot on crafting. Mats gonna be everywhere. Steal, lockers, mines, ecounters, animals (for example knife and extra perks needed from quests for skins). So if you just gonna go somewhere, on your way you can find allot of them. Not even looking for them. Depends how rare are those mats.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 02:28:41 pm by Fleczer »

The Scars

« Reply #357 on: December 15, 2011, 02:39:13 pm »
I guess the major assumption is that, that everyone runs as bluesuit with rock. If you are nolife you can have PA.

Bluesuits in Europe? Vault-Tec is USA company, knowing our past and probably future, this kind of suite will be better:

and I thinking about Europe not particular country :)

About rock, Einstein got theory about post nuclear war ;)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 02:43:43 pm by baaelSiljan »
no Wez no fun...
http://rudo-brody.pl/uploads/2011-12-24_0012.png
everyday my english loose 1point :/

« Reply #358 on: December 15, 2011, 03:01:00 pm »
``About rock, Einstein got theory about post nuclear war ;)``
Are you suggesting that American can have plasma rifles after nuclear war but in Europe engineers could only remember how to throw a rock? :)

Maybe if the nuclear war happened when Einstein has been living. Now it`s different time and different kind of storage knowledge;P
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 03:06:21 pm by seb910 »

« Reply #359 on: December 15, 2011, 03:30:07 pm »
``About rock, Einstein got theory about post nuclear war ;)``
Are you suggesting that American can have plasma rifles after nuclear war but in Europe engineers could only remember how to throw a rock? :)

Maybe if the nuclear war happened when Einstein has been living. Now it`s different time and different kind of storage knowledge;P

no, I suggest that Fallout is sad parody of some schemas. In Europe You can't have gun for fun, in some states of USA I think You can. In USA government was mostly "we don't care but we use propaganda to be safer", while in Europe was ideological warfare and industrial revolutions like in GB. I most suggest background like in "OBi OBa The End Of Civilization", "1984" or Bulyczow  "Город наверху" (Miasto na górze, Upper City (not sure eng translation) )

or get some mood here:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSExdX0tds4" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSExdX0tds4</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCGALda_CkE" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCGALda_CkE</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybnzMnFEWJY" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybnzMnFEWJY</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kPUZM0Hxeo" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kPUZM0Hxeo</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4rBDUJTnNU" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4rBDUJTnNU</a>
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 03:47:15 pm by baaelSiljan »
no Wez no fun...
http://rudo-brody.pl/uploads/2011-12-24_0012.png
everyday my english loose 1point :/