Author Topic: FO: Desert Europe  (Read 153819 times)

Offline barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
Re: FO: Desert Europe
« Reply #195 on: October 04, 2011, 03:05:52 pm »
"Personally" I think its useless because most people think that when 3D comes it wont be longer FOnline based on Fallout 1 and 2
Thats my point of view.

Ohhhhh..... 3D is very good and NOT USELESS because you can make fallout 3D with using models made from community. Why people hate? Community make something new, what can be used in OTHER projects and games it is good for all. Its better than do nothing and writing useless posts  :-\ like you and mine  :-\

« Reply #196 on: October 04, 2011, 03:32:47 pm »
Ohhhhh..... 3D is very good and NOT USELESS because you can make fallout 3D with using models made from community. Why people hate? Community make something new, what can be used in OTHER projects and games it is good for all. Its better than do nothing and writing useless posts  :-\ like you and mine  :-\
Useless,only for you,for my its 3D is shit.Its not only my point of view...
Glad that in DE wont be any 3D models based on these ones.

Offline Keksz

• It's good to be bad.
« Reply #197 on: October 04, 2011, 03:50:19 pm »

Yeh maybe not useless but i u wanan make 3D,make a new servar as "Fonline 3D" or somethin else like this.This is based on Fallout 1,2 engine right?So i still dont see why is 3D so necessary.
Szetcsesz,Szanaszetkur,Kajakra

Offline Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #198 on: October 04, 2011, 05:12:11 pm »
Maybe in the future enlarge the map to the south. For now we concentrate on this outline.

Sorry If your developers don't know but GB was sunk in Fallout Universe...(Search for info in Fallout Bible or Fallout game).
h

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #199 on: October 04, 2011, 05:32:32 pm »
You should provide an exact source for it, because this article doesn't say anything like that.

« Reply #200 on: October 04, 2011, 06:04:05 pm »
Sorry If your developers don't know but GB was sunk in Fallout Universe...(Search for info in Fallout Bible or Fallout game).
Tomo,you have hardly failed,we are prepared...We are making storyline and whole background with care.We wont do anything without original Fallout storyline.

Offline Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #201 on: October 04, 2011, 06:28:23 pm »
I didn't faild I just said it may or its true.
I forgot where I read that but it was proven. (Dunno why it isnt on fallout wiki).
And if its your own storyline - then good luck!
h

« Reply #202 on: October 04, 2011, 07:52:30 pm »
I'd mentioned the sea level stuff here, so I must have read something similar to Tomowolf at some point.

Though I can't remember exactly, I do say in that post "[...]and the massive continent changing climate change mentioned in Fallout Bible" - so there must be something in there. I don't know if it specifically mentions Britain in particular, but I think it did say something about "entire countries disappearing underwater" or something like that. Apparently a proportion of the UK and Netherlands are quite likely be underwater by 2077 anyway, even without the post-nuclear wasteland.

Offline barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #203 on: October 04, 2011, 08:24:32 pm »
Useless,only for you,for my its 3D is shit.Its not only my point of view...
Glad that in DE wont be any 3D models based on these ones.
It's only your point of view because you spec comp is too old right? :D Why do you hate other people who MADE GREAT WORK. You do not nothing and it is your problem, not mine. "In my point of view you are shit and its not only my point of view". So please shut up if you dont like them, dont HATE.

Yeh maybe not useless but i u wanan make 3D,make a new servar as "Fonline 3D" or somethin else like this.This is based on Fallout 1,2 engine right?So i still dont see why is 3D so necessary.
Fonline 2238 and tla server are not fallout 1 and 2. Fallout 1 and 2 is quests, great storyline games for singplepalyer mode and many, many, many hours of playing. Sorry but it is other game not a Fallout 1 or 2.
What's wrong with make 3D? Do you do this? Nope so shut up and get f*** off. You should be glad that somebody started doing original models in 3d.
But no - BETTER IS HATE THAN PROUD!
Haters always hate - why do you do this? Our all fonline community is small and you hate, hate.

And its not FALLOUT 2 ENGINE - its FONLINE ENGINE -_-

Offline Johnny Nuclear

• Rotator
  • hrmm
« Reply #204 on: October 04, 2011, 08:50:04 pm »
dunno, i just somehow don't like 3D models, it just doesn't fit engine imo.
Rockwell gold card owner.

« Reply #205 on: October 04, 2011, 08:56:51 pm »
To avoid continued off topic 3D discussion here, I've put a thread up in the 3D development board :
3D complaints / criticism / suggestions. Just saying "it's shit" won't be much use to us, but if you've got any specific reasons about what you don't like about it, it'd be genuinely useful to know what they are.

For example :

It doesn't fit the engine - in what way? Could we adjust the models, lighting, textures? Maybe some sort of colour/dither/pixellisation filter? If you know what it is that you don't like, maybe we can try and improve things.

It's no longer based on Fallout 1 or 2? In what way? Just because they're shown as models rather than rendered? What if those models were rendered as sprites? If we could make the models almost visually identical to the sprites, would that be okay? Is it the new content that bothers you - if we just stuck to variations on existing sprites, would that be better?

That sort of thing.

Offline Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #206 on: October 04, 2011, 09:26:57 pm »
Just saying "it's shit" won't be much use to us

Everyone who is saying 'it's shit' to such tremendous undertaking which the 3D stuff is, must be out of his mind.

Offline jan0s1k

• If it bleeds we can kill it...
    • Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #207 on: October 04, 2011, 09:33:26 pm »
It's only your point of view because you spec comp is too old right? :D Why do you hate other people who MADE GREAT WORK. You do not nothing and it is your problem, not mine. "In my point of view you are shit and its not only my point of view". So please shut up if you dont like them, dont HATE.
If you discriminate people with older PC, so you are pathetic. And about doing nothing, he isn't 3D graphic, but mapper, after we will release OBT you'll can see if he "do nothing" or not.
And also, don't insult people and don't tell them to shut up, it's discussion forum, some people have other opinion about different stuff, so you should be quiet rather than offence people with rage.

To moderators: Please, clean this topic from this pathetic rage/trolling. Thank you. If people want to rage/troll instead of cultural discussion, then they can do it by PM, not on public, not related to this topic thread.

Everyone who is saying 'it's shit' to such tremendous undertaking which the 3D stuff is, must be out of his mind.
Right, just it's matter of graphic skill of FO2238 community :) It even look like normal 2D models with such effects, etc.
But imho, 3D is a little... Slow :P Maybe just on my notebook...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 10:46:07 pm by jan0s1k »

« Reply #208 on: October 04, 2011, 11:01:35 pm »
I like some 3D models  8)

« Reply #209 on: October 04, 2011, 11:36:19 pm »
Hi, someone did ask about our map progress:

Capitalities: 2 maps (1wip)
Cities: 9 maps (2wip)
Large locations: 4 maps (2wip)
Small locations: 4 maps (1wip)
Mines: 4 maps
Factories: 6 maps
Other important: 4 maps (2wip)

Progress is very good - 6 mappers are working on those maps :-)