Author Topic: FO: Desert Europe  (Read 153805 times)

Offline Mazurca

• Ave,Fedelty at Caesar!!!
Re: FO: Desert Europe
« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2011, 12:36:47 pm »
I don't want be a annoying but...the italy and the spain?they are in the europe and the north italy is in the fallout before the great war,war resources story write to J.E.Sawyer where the royal armoured corps U.K. have to fight in.
for me is bad to cut 2 important states from the true europe but anyways GREAT PROJECT!!!

« Reply #121 on: August 20, 2011, 02:16:38 pm »
Maybe in the future enlarge the map to the south. For now we concentrate on this outline.

« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2011, 09:12:22 am »
Regarding your map, have you considered messing with the sea level at all?

There's a few little simulators online, like this one :
http://geology.com/sea-level-rise/netherlands.shtml
You can adjust the sea level, and see the land disappear.

It's considered quite probable there'll be a raise of about 6-7m anyway by 2100, but with heavy nuclear war (and the massive continent changing climate change mentioned in Fallout Bible), I'm sure you could knock it up to +60m if you wanted. If half of Europe has been overcome by desert, it'd make sense to lose a bit of coastline as well.

Nice to see a few major cities not only destroyed through the war, but a few sunk underwater as well. Moving capital cities, the UK broken in half by the North Sea etc. Different coastlines, different national borders - a good reason for war, lack of resources etc. Quite harrowing to see the entire of the Netherlands disappear under the sea.

Might be a completely pointless thing to do - and I don't think the original Fallout maps took any of this into account in the USA, but could be an interesting way of adding a bit of depth to the background story of the setting.

Offline barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2011, 10:18:30 am »

Offline Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #124 on: August 21, 2011, 02:07:52 pm »
Of course it was, but Ison wanted absolutely script it by himself. Then we didn't need to negotiate the feature with Equilibrium staff. They will be thanked anyway for bringing this nice idea to the community !

To Luther :

We didn't plan to change the sea level. Many swamps and some sunk areas may exist, but the changes should not be as visible as it could be. I will think about that and see with our worldmapper for future evolutions.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 02:12:33 pm by Shangalar »

Offline Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #125 on: August 21, 2011, 04:32:55 pm »
First i want to tell you that i am glad that you are working on another fonline project.

I have few questions:

1) Will be FO:DE more focused on lone players or teams (gangs). I mean if you will implement more variations on Town Control?

2) In Fallout universe, EU was disintegrated before Great War. (I think that NATO too). Would this fact affect in some way game content? I mean that every country in case of leaving of some defense pact have to focuse on their own military and military projects.

So, simply, would there be some unique country weapons?

I.e.: czechoslovakia assault carabine vz. 58 (http://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samopal_vzor_58) (THIS IS NOT AK 47 replique, Cs.  carabine vz. 58 uses different firing mechanism than AK 47). Cs. army tested both vz. 58 and AK 47 (they disasembled many rifles from each type, then they composed two "new" rifles from that disasembled parts of same type of rifle, so the test was objective. Then they fired 20 000 bullets from each rifle, constantly changing magazines and after each 3 magazine changes, they cooled the weapons in water. After this test (so yes, both fired 20 000 bullets almost in a row, except interuption for cooling), they disasembled the weapons and checked damages of each weapons. AK 47 and vz. 58 had each one glitch, so result was perfect.

I wrote this, because my desire is to use on our soil our weapons :)

3) What about country locations (Prague, or simply, czech republic.). Would there be possible to upload you some place signs, or graphics with czech (-oslovakia) motivs, if you arleady dont have this integrated?

So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Offline Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #126 on: August 21, 2011, 06:17:50 pm »
1) All players in FODE will be part of a large faction, which will orientate their choices. The relations between players will so be determined by this global membership. This doesn't mean that players will not be able to do their own choices, but they will have to take that belonging in consideration. Town-control like systems will be implemented. If the ways to control places will resemble to 2238 system, the results will be slightly different.

2) European countries have been smashed out by the Great War, and even before during Resources War. Most of them have no powers anymore. They have only people. And these people, in their quest for surviving, have gathered themselves into another type of entity. Even if, in fact, this entity has similar powers than a government, it doesn't respond to any usual characteristic like countries borders. About weapons, we have some new ones. But it's not especially related to a country, coz it would be too difficult due to countries' number.

3) Many famous places remain. Most of them are totally destroyed and unreachable, but exceptions exist. In these places, you will be able to see by yourself the consequences of the atomic war. If we manage to have that ready in time :)

« Reply #127 on: August 21, 2011, 08:40:20 pm »
1) Will be FO:DE more focused on lone players or teams (gangs). I mean if you will implement more variations on Town Control?

Except storyline ... . Players create a the whole story since the beginning to play. So if after some time they wanted to introduce a different factions or some other thread story. We will be open for him.

...3) What about country locations (Prague, or simply, czech republic.). Would there be possible to upload you some place signs, or graphics with czech (-oslovakia) motivs, if you arleady dont have this integrated?

if you have graphics ready to implement of course you can send. We will assess them whether they fit into our climate and will quickly know you. About same images for processing/modification at this moment we do something else and I do not know whether we can find time to edit them.

About new weapons:
- AK47
- PK machine gun ( PK/PKS )
- UKM-2000
- Colt 1911
- M32 MGL
- Dragunov
- MP5
- M16
- M240
- Remington 870
- Napalm Blaster
- 6 new tactical energy weapons
- ...and a few other interesting weapons
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 08:46:40 pm by Ras »

Offline headshot

• Killian
« Reply #128 on: August 22, 2011, 01:15:41 am »
Since this mod is placed in europe, it's better to implement european firearms. I see too many american guns. I was hope for more Heckler & Koch, Soviet, and Franchi, Beretta or Fabrique Nationale stuff.

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #129 on: August 22, 2011, 01:28:50 am »
Sad to see that you just include boring real life weaponry (just like the failure in FO2/Tactics) instead of being creative and thinking of own Fallout styled weapons. This is not meant to be negative, but it's a missed opporturnity to make your game stand out a bit more.

Offline Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #130 on: August 22, 2011, 09:06:59 am »
I like your idea of tactical energetic weapons. Hope that weapons would be more balanced than on 2238. It is good to have wide scale of weapons, but if you usualy use only 1/5 of all types in PvP, you realy dont need others.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Offline maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #131 on: August 22, 2011, 11:43:12 am »
FO:DE - last hope for Fonline?

Offline Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #132 on: August 22, 2011, 01:27:52 pm »
I like your idea of tactical energetic weapons. Hope that weapons would be more balanced than on 2238. It is good to have wide scale of weapons, but if you usualy use only 1/5 of all types in PvP, you realy dont need others.

You could say that. Hopefully, some systems we made will grant some use for a maximum amount of weapons.

Mush : there is already a FOnline Project called Last Hope, isn't it ? :p I've been told you tested it. How was it ?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 01:37:51 pm by Shangalar »

Offline Xarr

• Former Troll
« Reply #133 on: August 22, 2011, 11:24:24 pm »
Any Ability to Join? Sounds Interesting and Promising, I wait excited...
I used to be a bag of dicks, but then I grew up. I gave many of you guys a hard time, but on the other side I kept myself busy with helping players, and I never gave up on that.

Still, the FOnline community is a thing of it's own class.

« Reply #134 on: August 23, 2011, 07:42:27 pm »
Any Ability to Join? Sounds Interesting and Promising, I wait excited...
What you mean?Do you want to join on server or join our community?