Author Topic: FO: Desert Europe  (Read 153780 times)

Re: FO: Desert Europe
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2011, 09:25:58 pm »
A lot of people can make a lot of map in short time. But, you must admit that quality is more important ... And by the way, i agree with Manero at this point
If you know how to make good map in short time ,there´s no problem in this.

« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2011, 11:40:42 pm »
Project is in progress. In this moment I do not have many time to read forum(to many scripts to write). We have new representativ of project (with much better english language like my). Some information on our site(fode.temote.tk).
He will writes later some informations on forum.
forum is not so friendly, users must prove e-mail before enter forum. i suggest make it more friendly (no posts before mail confirmation).

Let the Force be with You.

Offline jan0s1k

• If it bleeds we can kill it...
    • Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2011, 07:35:03 am »
forum is not so friendly, users must prove e-mail before enter forum. i suggest make it more friendly (no posts before mail confirmation).
Yes, it's because forum is not open yet (and won't be for long time as I hope...) For now even if you register on forum you won't see anything :>
And btw, email confirmation will be always.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 07:38:07 am by jan0s1k »

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2011, 07:49:26 am »
Yes, it's because forum is not open yet (and won't be for long time as I hope...) For now even if you register on forum you won't see anything :>
And btw, email confirmation will be always.
its really friendly and good. this gonna make no pointless suggestion at forum(because its alot trolls gonna look at forum), no bad stuff gonna come to game, and only chosen people with best and right opinions gonna make perfect game. ;)

i hope all screen shots is just like *sketch* or show possible way of ALOT weapon. because images quality and stuff looks small small bit wrong. (sport car, alot armor, buildings architecture, very big map((in fo2 its just california)) and alot other features) - if this is just *sketch* i m sorry alot.

We do not work with children. Tell that to your mom.
and this is speech from main developer or representator at this forum... if this edited by graf - this was very hostile before...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 07:51:36 am by Who Killed Bambi »

Let the Force be with You.

« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2011, 08:07:31 am »
and this is speech from main developer or representator at this forum... if this edited by graf - this was very hostile before...
We dont want to scary people or make them to stop helping this project.Just we are angry on those "people" who want to join and then they just say "I´m leaving because you didn´t sent me a pm .

Offline Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2011, 01:26:51 pm »
Hello everyone ! Let's relax a bit.

As the project grows, I've been told to come back to you to make a bit of update.

The team has grown up. Starting with two, then six people, we're now thirteen, including a music composer for the mod.

We're working right now on different aspects :

- Factions system
- New new Worldmap
- Whole background of the game

We're advancing fast but there is still much work to do. We hope to be able to do a first closed test in about two months, focusing on technical stuff, mainly scripts and item balances. Maps and quests will be the most difficult/long part of the project, as we wanna provide you original cities and stuff.

To be able to test things in the best conditions, we wanna purpose some kind of Mapping Challenge. We're deeply in need of certain types of maps right now :

- Factories maps & Power plant maps : average size, with buildings large enough to contain NPCs and players.
- Random encounter maps : large size, bigger than usually maps, to allow people not to spawn on each other. Desert, forest, and mostly city ruins are needed.
- Mine maps : no drawing needed I think. Open-space or inside tunnel, both are good.
- Small houses / farm maps : try to do this type of map on a way that we can for example delete some elements, or add some, and it will look a different map. Not easy though.

PM me if you have questions about making those maps. Mappers would be rewarded with ingame stuff when beta-test will be on us, and if some good mappers are interested, they could also join the team to go further into development.

Thanks a lot in advance for your dedication / involvement.

You can follow the news on our blog : http://fode.eu/

See ya soon for the struggle into devastated Europe !
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 12:31:01 pm by Shangalar »

Offline jan0s1k

• Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2011, 02:16:05 pm »
its really friendly and good. this gonna make no pointless suggestion at forum(because its alot trolls gonna look at forum), no bad stuff gonna come to game, and only chosen people with best and right opinions gonna make perfect game. ;)
"Email activation" is not "Admin activation". It will be always to prevent spambots and force users to login to their mail ;P

i hope all screen shots is just like *sketch* or show possible way of ALOT weapon. because images quality and stuff looks small small bit wrong. (sport car, alot armor, buildings architecture, very big map((in fo2 its just california)) and alot other features) - if this is just *sketch* i m sorry alot.

Yes, maybe it's "sketch"... Or maybe unfinished graphics... Remember, that's not America, we can't use same cars (or maybe we could, but as even you can see now on world, there isn't much american cars for example in Poland - there are some, but only few as I know...)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 02:17:36 pm by jan0s1k »

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2011, 11:32:39 am »
Of course, if I get on priv lot of messages and total spam, how can I respond differently to such a person?
If that person thought that people from the project are waiting for anyone who wants to join, it's wrong.
We have enough people (professional designers and programmers by profession, 15 persons + more)at this time to work and we do not have always time to respond to all emails.
But anyone who is a true fan of Fallout 1&2 can get to the project. Must only demonstrate some abilities that can be useful for the project.

« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2011, 10:43:53 pm »
Just an interesting tidbit, your website's name "fodeblog.temote.tk" has the word 'fode" which means fuck in Portuguese (ele fode, he fucks). It sounds like fuckblog.temote.tk ;D

Offline jan0s1k

• Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2011, 11:16:00 pm »
Just an interesting tidbit, your website's name "fodeblog.temote.tk" has the word 'fode" which means fuck in Portuguese (ele fode, he fucks). It sounds like fuckblog.temote.tk ;D
Hm.. nice :) If it really means this I can do redirect also from "fuckblog.temote.tk" on "fodeblog.temote.tk"  :D

Offline Triskaidekaphobe

• Fear the number 13.
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2011, 05:23:12 am »
It looks like a very ambitious project but most great things are.
I wish the development team the best of luck, if you ever need any help from someone with almost no knowledge in scripting and coding then I am here.
Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
In-game: Sober Barfly

Offline Swiatowid

• Whens WIPE? ... Soon!
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2011, 09:17:11 am »
Looks realy good.
Hope London & moscow will be a huge towns whit lots of merchents ^^.
Did players cane use that verti bird & tomcat?

Offline Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2011, 12:30:44 pm »
News on the blog -with new adress btw- :

http://fode.eu/

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2011, 12:56:40 pm »
News on the blog -with new adress btw- :

http://fode.eu/

We have decided to delete Turn-Based mode entirely

Interest----------;

Disappointed to see that, looks like most of newly created projects following path of other servers, who are enforcing RT everywhere, cos it's just easier than trying to make game interesting for both, TB- and RT- lovers... Wipe out.
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Offline Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2011, 01:31:39 pm »
We didn't look at other servers' work to take that decision. For us, MMORPG and TB simply do not work well enough together.