Author Topic: FO: Desert Europe  (Read 153762 times)

Offline Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
Re: FO: Desert Europe
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2011, 09:20:19 pm »
This looks cool. Good luck with your project.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Offline Grimmi

• Nobody Do that Safe and Fast Trades
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2011, 10:25:03 pm »
Nice ;D When i take  a Alpha?
Masters Of The World
SaBaToN For Ever Guys !!!!

Offline Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2011, 10:34:31 pm »
  This sentence alone actually makes Fallout in Europe, there is no lore related to it, so it is free game for people looking to make their own indie games, with a totally different plot, without restrictions by "lore".
i believe that the reason for Chris Avellone to make the Fallout Bible, and the reason to do a Fallout history-based game is to create a whole new history with the Fallout style and let your imagination go anywhere you want.
If you are making a Fallout based game in other place than USA and you are not using the lore then there is no reason to make it in Europe, just change it to "Foolotline: Postapocaliptic game based on content stolen from Fallout 2, because we are to lazy to make a new idea" :P

PD: and you left out Spain, add it to the map please.......wait there will not be any difference, it willl be the same rusty sprite from FO2, whats the difference?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 10:37:37 pm by Reiniat »
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2011, 03:03:16 pm »
  This sentence alone actually makes Fallout in Europe, there is no lore related to it, so it is free game for people looking to make their own indie games, with a totally different plot, without restrictions by "lore".

And yet everything still looks and feels the same as in USA based games.

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2011, 06:37:11 pm »
Europe as California? Hell no! >:(

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2011, 04:08:21 pm »
i bet items from fo2 and tactics have no life in 1 game... sport car from screen shot, and other stuff even dont looks like fallout based game.

all stuff need rework, and i bet any army in europe have 20 combat armor colors.  ;)

Let the Force be with You.

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2011, 06:07:51 pm »
Though I'm not so sure about a European online server, I'd love to see some Europe-based single player mods using the Fonline engine, primarily because the single player game allows a level of depth and storytelling which is difficult to get in an online version (because in the single player game, the author has control of every character other than the player).

I just think it would be interesting to see games set in areas currently left completely "open" by the Fallout Bible - bombs went off, places were destroyed - then what happened? - though as many people have said, really needs some graphic work and lots of detailed atmosphere work to "feel" like somewhere else.

For example, for something set in the UK, you'd need to change the buildings, roads, furniture, "street furniture" (signs, post boxes, street lights etc), ground tiles, cliffs, deserts etc... and unless the UK government remained close to the US instead of the European Commonwealth, then you can get rid of all the power armour, and probably all the combat armours too. Radscorpions, geckos and some of the other critters would probably want to go - and what would you replace them with? Giant moths, Rad-hedgehogs, giant rabbits and evil sheep, perhaps? If there was no FEV there, then no mutants, and probably no ghouls, and given the general lack of guns in the country, you'd probably want to get rid of BG, EW and most of the other guns, other than the odd shotgun or pistol. Melee and home-made crossbows, perhaps?

Similar thinking for any other location, like if it was set in France, every character would need to wear a beret, drink wine and smoke gitanes :P

That's a lot of work, and a lot of planning and thinking, but if it was done well, it'd be awesome.

Otherwise, I think it's good to support any attempt at modding the game, even if you don't like the specific end product, or if it never gets finished - there's a lot of work, ideas and learning which can only benefit the community as a whole - so I wish these guys the best of luck.

Offline Frenchy

• TSAR
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2011, 10:26:15 pm »
Europe for something different, Yeah  ;D

I hope this project will be successful

Offline Y0ssarian

• incredible
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2011, 02:11:35 am »
DO WANT.
power

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2011, 12:32:25 pm »
Project is in progress. In this moment I do not have many time to read forum(to many scripts to write). We have new representativ of project (with much better english language like my). Some information on our site(fode.temote.tk).
He will writes later some informations on forum.

Offline manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2011, 12:49:24 pm »
To do:
23 Cities, NPCs, dialogs

This is why we will never see this project finished.

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2011, 01:00:10 pm »

Depends on how ambitious the devs are. If they want to make multi-branch dialogues and quests with wide consequences and options it might never get finished. But if the dialogues are simple with options like yes - no, it doesn't take that long.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2011, 07:48:13 pm »
Manero, if you want to troll , troll your mother please but not at this topic ,I already made 15 maps in 2,5 weeks.

« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2011, 08:08:46 pm »
Manero, if you want to troll , troll your mother please but not at this topic ,I already made 15 maps in 2,5 weeks.

A lot of people can make a lot of map in short time. But, you must admit that quality is more important ... And by the way, i agree with Manero at this point
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

Offline Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2011, 08:12:11 pm »
A lot of people can make a lot of map in short time. But, you must admit that quality is more important ... And by the way, i agree with Manero at this point

I assure you those are good maps.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !