"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 08, 2024, 01:53:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fallout 3 Coop - WTF?  (Read 3528 times)

Fallout 3 Coop - WTF?
« on: June 16, 2011, 02:12:40 pm »

http://falloutcoop.blogspot.com/

Did you see it? Where can I download it if it doesn't fake.

Gob

• The Good
Re: Fallout 3 Coop - WTF?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 04:15:06 pm »

Yes there are lots of Fallout 3 multyplayer mods on the net now.Just search.

Mayck

• Rotator
  • ...shhhh...
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 05:42:20 pm »

Am I wrong or the second player really hasn't his own camera? (So the player1 has to keep him in his FoV all the time)
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 06:21:57 pm »

Am I wrong or the second player really hasn't his own camera? (So the player1 has to keep him in his FoV all the time)
No, they most likely playing in two different worlds, but yeah, 2nd player need to look at 1st ones camera, because thier games aren't synchronized, it'll be even better if 2nd player's world won't have any mobs/NPCs at all, so he won't die from "invisible" mobs from 1st player point of view. As for Morrowind/Oblivion "multiplayer", 2nd player couldn't even attack and hit targets, because his NPC simply walked on coordinates equal to coordinates of 2nd player, so you simply could see where 2nd player is. Still, Fallout3 or any other TES-like game will never have 1 world for more than one player, if only they won't recreate thier engine and change it.
Well, they can make synchronization with every creature and object between players' worlds, but it'll take ages +it'll make server work really hard, so it'll be playable only on LAN. They simply need to make player 1's (host) world real, and every other world of all players without mobs/NPCs/objects, leave only static stuff which can't be moved or somehow affected and which blocks movement, and then every crature will have its own unique base ID and will be synchronized with every other players, including its co-ordinates, each attribute, inventory, etc. But I think it'll be easier to recreate new engine from scratch and create your own game, because it'll take ages. If they're going to do same thing as with Oblivion, then it's useless, atleast in video he was shooting at things, so it's a progress in comparison to what was made for Oblivion, where they could only move and jump (or only move... can't remember).
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 07:10:38 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw_Sk-i-k2A - New Vegas

http://www.brickster.net/

It will be cool see playable New Vegas Online servers ;)

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 07:47:40 pm »

Please forgive my ignorance, but is this not something the mad boy Prosper was trying to develop? It seems he has nothing to do with all this though.
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 08:49:29 pm »

Prosper - I liked him! He made very good models for FOnline :>

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 03:20:51 am »

This has been done for TES3/4 as well. The trick was just in syncing stuff, where other players appear as NPCs  updated by their actions.
This model leads nowhere, even if they managed to sync stuff nicely (which I doubt, as you have to remmember all the pause/TB stuff and whatever scripted stuff may happen) it'd still run at goodwill of contributing players.
In other words, without writting complete logic (AI,combat, etc.) it's doomed to use P2P data model, which is in my opinion very unfortunate for gaming.
Also just a note, Fallout 3 was supposed to have multiplayer. But since the game is not going to be released one will never know.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 12:46:59 pm »

Anyone play it? I didn't have free time so I didn't search this modification.

Fuck, I will play this mp but it's not mp for more players and it's only for 1 player :(
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 23 queries.