Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Do you like the idea?

Yea, why not, it would be good
No, I don't want more bases
I don't care

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Building a base instead of buying it  (Read 5038 times)

CaptOmg

• Killin' paladins.
Re: Building a base instead of buying it
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 09:58:40 pm »

I LIKE this idea  :D
But I wish we could be a bit more creative about building bases :(
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 10:24:27 pm »

Excellent idea. Me and a couple of guys bought one of the last Faction Names simply so we could have a cave. It really doesn't make sense for people who have no interest in PvP/TC to be named as a faction.

We didn't want a cave to be a faction we wanted a cave to get a nicer place to live! :D
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 12:51:22 am »

Awesome idea.
But the waves of ennemies should also be related with the number of players (1-3-5-10-20-50), the nature of the base (cheap hideout-Heavy Barraks- Modern and complex infrastructure)

Also, the challenge would be harder if you want a faction name. (if you want to create a well known faction, you better deserve it)

For the ressources, i think you need :
- A bigger number of ressources. (a few pieces seems a pity to build an entire base)
- Intermediate pieces (for instance, build the door with wood, then bring the door to the builder)
- A fee (the guy doesn't work for free)
- The ability to help the builders, between the waves, even with a low skill character. (which mean no character dedicated to help the builder, but a time investment on building, for everyone)

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 03:28:00 pm »

+1 only if u get a cave without a name/or computer?. there needs to be some disadvantage from regular 30k caps
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2011, 05:57:33 pm »

kraskish, The main disadvantage is that the players that has built this base is unable to participate in TC, until they had bought a name, which can cost any sum (maybe even 30, 70 or 120k, depending on the type).

Lizard, naossano, guys, your ideas is good too, but they would require a lot more working time and a few "buildidng in progess" maps, which developers don't have at the moment, unless you want to help with it and contribute your work.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 06:01:01 pm by Graf »
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2011, 06:09:16 pm »

So how about upgrading a base, without dynamic maps?

I wrote that somewhere, but can do that one more time:
 U build a base without any lockers. Then you go to shop and simply buy lockers (which are normal obljects, that you can lift using science/repair on them), then you go to base and simply put locker/box where you want. Using this objects you 'stealing' from it. Using skill on it, you can lift and move. So you can organise whole base as you want. There should apply not only for lockers/boxes, but also for stills, workshops, nukacolas machines, brahmins pens etc.

Its like cube from Diablo 2, which is moveable objects, and can store other objects. Of course there should be limit of objects can you store in. And also when you put something inside locker, you simply cannot move it (to prevent from abusing).

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2011, 06:52:49 pm »

Yep, I've thought about the dynamite/dynacord stick/plastic explosives, but after a little comparison I've considered them as a pretty rare and hard to get stuff, so I've decided to stay with grenades, which could be activated by pulling out of the linchpin with the rope. Same result, but cheaper and more reliable.
you can make a cave using fragmentation grenades?
NO
a frag grenade is not a big boom devise, his deadly effect is due to the FRAGMENTS dealed by the explosion wich are like proyectiles. your idea is completely surrealistic.
Anyway the game is completely unrealistic, but the Dynamites must be used to make caves, that was his purpose in FO2.
Being sincerously everybody have a suicide bomber alt.

And what about the computer? you craft it or what?
or maybe you buy it among with the faction name, but it will need to make two maps.

Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2011, 08:13:03 pm »

+1 only if u get a cave without a name/or computer?. there needs to be some disadvantage from regular 30k caps

Why not pay 30k caps AND do the quest ?
The TC name only cost more blood and money...

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2011, 08:34:48 pm »

Dynamites must be used to make caves, that was his purpose in FO2.

You're right, though if you didn't mentioned - I suggest to use nades instead of dynamite because it's easier to craft and all. But your point is obviously more logical.

And what about the computer? you craft it or what?

It's easier to let it work, but instead of regular greeting that says "*beep* welcome to the [faction name] members database", it may say something like "sorry, no connection to the database ... logging off" until the faction name is registered.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 08:38:23 pm by Graf »
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2011, 09:41:03 pm »

The computer should keep been used for registering new members. (or there is no need for a computer)
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2011, 02:57:06 am »

+1, if I could vote more than once I would say +1000.  It's a great idea.  I also kinda like the idea of the quests being needed to help move you along for making the base. 

Since the current system is SO easy to abuse when it comes to taking things from other players, you might make it where you don't have to carry everything at once to make the base (like the 10 hides for a tent).  Not sure how, maybe make it so that the place where the base will finally be needs to have your main tent there first? (sort of an upgrade.)

Somewhere, not too long ago someone posted several possible new tent maps, I bet they could be partially used for small base style, and added to for bigger ones.  I can't find the thread though.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 03:00:10 am by Trokanis »
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2011, 04:17:09 am »

I get an error when I try to vote So i'll just post my opinion;

YES, so many time YES!

Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 24 queries.