Buggy
- 1 (20%)
Scout
- 2 (40%)
[Insert smart ass remark and something about my mother here]
- 2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Vehicles  (Read 1467 times)

Kyon

• The Stained Rook
Vehicles
« on: June 23, 2011, 01:03:15 am »

I'm looking to buy my first car, and want to know what I should pick. The scout looks cheaper, has a better trunk, wont brake on me a such, and should brake less then the buggy, but the buggy is fast, and should have better MPG if I did the math right.

CaptOmg

• Killin' paladins.
Re: Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 01:04:30 am »

I would probally pick the Scout.
Sadly it wastes alot of fuel XD

Kyon

• The Stained Rook
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 01:08:40 am »

I would probally pick the Scout.
Sadly it wastes alot of fuel XD

Dose the Buggy have better fuel usage?

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 02:59:37 am »

Dose the Buggy have better fuel usage?

Buggy is better at everything. In fact, scout is the shittiest car in every way, while the buggy, even with some drawback, is still the fastest car.
So... Buggy.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 03:53:20 am »

Scout is better unless you have repair. Scout has bigger trunk(i think..) and breaks slower. Buggy must be repaired constantly, so only get it if you don't mind repairing allot.

Kyon

• The Stained Rook
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 04:23:34 am »

Scout is better unless you have repair. Scout has bigger trunk(i think..) and breaks slower. Buggy must be repaired constantly, so only get it if you don't mind repairing allot.

How much repair should I have?

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 04:32:59 am »

100% repair + super took kit is good enough, but you might have to repair it multiple times to get it to 0%. The more repair skill, the more deterioration is repaired at one time. And your tool has a chance of breaking each time you repair it, each Super Tool Kit costs 2000 caps. Regular tools can be easily crafted.

Most people just have alts they keep at their bases to repair the cars, which works well with an Armorer alt.

50% repair + super tool kit is minimum needed, I think, but that barely repairs your car at all.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Kyon

• The Stained Rook
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 04:41:50 am »

100% repair + super took kit is good enough, but you might have to repair it multiple times to get it to 0%. The more repair skill, the more deterioration is repaired at one time. And your tool has a chance of breaking each time you repair it, each Super Tool Kit costs 2000 caps. Regular tools can be easily crafted.

Most people just have alts they keep at their bases to repair the cars, which works well with an Armorer alt.

50% repair + super tool kit is minimum needed, I think, but that barely repairs your car at all.

Perfect. My 120% repair with a tool will be more then enough then. any other tips on cars?

wargreymon19

• Master of the hell... in the earth!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 05:15:25 am »

buggy

Fridge_Man

• The Guardians
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 03:35:28 pm »

Honestly i would not choose the buggy. The hummer has a reasonable price, you can
take a whole group of players with you if needed, it gets deteriorated slowest of all cars,
speed is good at hills and deserts aswell, full consumption is low and trunk is really big.
You can drive from NCR to klamath and back to NCR, and still dont need a repair.

The scout is worst car of all, only can agree with that.
The buggy is fast as a vertibird, but only on desert squares. Especially at mountains
he looses speed, and it deteriorates really fast. Like you drive from NRC to klamath,
and probably need 1,5 repairs on the way.

Btw, you cannot use super-tool on cars, only the normal tool. But 120% is enough to repair any car.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 03:37:15 pm by Fridge_Man »

Kyon

• The Stained Rook
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 05:04:57 pm »

Honestly i would not choose the buggy. The hummer has a reasonable price, you can
take a whole group of players with you if needed, it gets deteriorated slowest of all cars,
speed is good at hills and deserts aswell, full consumption is low and trunk is really big.
You can drive from NCR to klamath and back to NCR, and still dont need a repair.

The scout is worst car of all, only can agree with that.
The buggy is fast as a vertibird, but only on desert squares. Especially at mountains
he looses speed, and it deteriorates really fast. Like you drive from NRC to klamath,
and probably need 1,5 repairs on the way.

Btw, you cannot use super-tool on cars, only the normal tool. But 120% is enough to repair any car.

Thanks for the Info. My next car will have to be a Hummer. Bought myself a buggy. I only plan on using her to take HQ minerals from my tent near the broken hills to my main tent in the hub. I must say, she is fast, but crap on fuel. Drove from New Reno to The Hub to The Broken Hills and shes at 17/25. Glad I can craft SEC's.

Edit: If i get into a force Random encounter in TB, can i get in my car and just leave before battle or during battle? just wondering.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 05:07:56 pm by Kyon »

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 05:14:02 pm »

Thanks for the Info. My next car will have to be a Hummer. Bought myself a buggy. I only plan on using her to take HQ minerals from my tent near the broken hills to my main tent in the hub. I must say, she is fast, but crap on fuel. Drove from New Reno to The Hub to The Broken Hills and shes at 17/25. Glad I can craft SEC's.

Edit: If i get into a force Random encounter in TB, can i get in my car and just leave before battle or during battle? just wondering.

If you got an encounter in TB, you're fucked, you have to end combat before escaping with your car. That's why I strongly advise RT.
And btw, buggy have lowest fuel comsuption (equal with cockroach).
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Kyon

• The Stained Rook
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 05:41:01 pm »

If you got an encounter in TB, you're fucked, you have to end combat before escaping with your car. That's why I strongly advise RT.
And btw, buggy have lowest fuel comsuption (equal with cockroach).

I guess the real problem is that it just has a small tank. Like I said, I only plan on using it for moving ores from tent to tent, but once i get use to repairing it and producing fuel, I can see myself getting a lot of use out of this baby. Now all I need are more tents...
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2011, 08:21:58 pm »

You have good chances to repair a scout with 50% repair and a normal tool.
So, this is a good car for a low skilled character.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 26 queries.