"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:29:48 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Robes effects  (Read 1645 times)

Frenchy

• TSAR
Robes effects
« on: June 18, 2011, 05:53:21 am »

DISADVANTAGE

- You lose -1 agility when you wear a robes
  - You cannot run with a robes If you wear more than 30 kg

ADVANTAGE

- The players cannot see your name if you wear a robes(Purple Robes, Sand Robes)
  - When you wear robes you got unnoticed around you, very good idea if you're hated from example NCR,Raiders,Unity Patrol,etc..
  - +20 to Sneak at night
  - Snipers lose -1 perception when he shoot you
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 06:21:37 am by Frenchy »
Re: Robes effects
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 05:59:55 am »

- +20 to Sneak at night

you being less agile but getting +20 sneak at night ???? i don't see the connection and could you explain why sniper will lose 1 perception when shooting a robed person?? unless of course i have read that wrong and you mean that a sniper wearing robe loses the perception.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 06:07:38 am »

unless of course i have read that wrong and you mean that a sniper wearing robe loses the perception.

Robes often, when moving, fly around, this it can be harder to aim for body parts.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Frenchy

• TSAR
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 06:16:34 am »

you being less agile but getting +20 sneak at night ???? i don't see the connection and could you explain why sniper will lose 1 perception when shooting a robed person?? unless of course i have read that wrong and you mean that a sniper wearing robe loses the perception.

A robe is not an accurate comparison for such, an Combat Armor is made of a specific texture compared to a robe with long sleeves, a large size, etc.. it is too large for anyone.
On night the colors of robes is dark because of colors, exemple purple is better dark between light brown because on night purple is black, light brown is grey(not sure for brown im not a pro.)

Frenchy

• TSAR
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 06:18:06 am »

Robes often, when moving, fly around, this it can be harder to aim for body parts.

This is what I was trying to say, Thank you Mickelh

[Sorry for double post]

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 06:19:08 am »

aye good idea french man. ;D
Roaming the waste again.

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 08:10:50 am »

I don't like the thing with -1 Perception. How do you think game will recognize sniper from BG or other kinds. Unless there is a perception check . I don't like the idea with - perception.
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 12:46:45 pm »

this isnt much abusable(but is a bit) either in fights, because if the guy with robe gonna be behind wall(from camera perspective, not your character PE), just press A and youll see hes "Contour".
still not great idea... i aint supporting:
 -1 perc is strange effect.
 now everyones gonna shoot all people in robes cause they dont know who is who and who is bad or good guy.
 even though contour is seen, but not nick, many people will be careless and die because of that.... id feel paranoid if id always press A to see if theres any hidden robe-jerk.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 01:50:57 pm »

Sounds good, but I don't see why wearing a heavy robe that flies around should give you a bonus to sneak!
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2011, 02:51:37 pm »

DISADVANTAGE

- You lose -1 agility when you wear a robes
  - You cannot run with a robes If you wear more than 30 kg

ADVANTAGE

- The players cannot see your name if you wear a robes(Purple Robes, Sand Robes)
  - When you wear robes you got unnoticed around you, very good idea if you're hated from example NCR,Raiders,Unity Patrol,etc..
  - +20 to Sneak at night

Sounds stupid to me :P
Robe compare to metal armor what weight 15kg and in heavy metal armor you dont lose agility in robe yes?
Sure 30kg? How about people who have 150kg+ carry ? I dont see real reason for impossible to run
About nickname i dont know.
I like that idea ;P (btw raiders hate everyone :D) now you can in turn base farm even more and dont care about karma bitch
You are less visible when you wear purple robe what in theory do sound with every move
Stupid :D just stupid. In that way when sniper have 10 pe and shoot you on max range he shouldnt possible to shoot on max range then what?

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2011, 04:37:55 pm »

And what about the aesthetic purpose of the robes?
the original purpose of any robe is to look nice, thats the reason for his little bonus and cost.
If you think in implement this suggestion you must make 2 types of robes with the same sprite.
Seiously. if i see "safe" places like NCR with only bluesuits....
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2011, 07:44:08 pm »

How about - robe is for fun and RP.
If you want a hint - give sand robes bonus for outdoorsman rolls for avoiding encounters - or maybe even complete outdoorsman bonus. Though not everything is desert, wasteland encounters still all look quite hot and desolate to make this kind of wear good use.
That kind of robe would be more hindrance than just 1 agi malus. Only realistic purpose would be a chance to change eyeshots to headshots because of hood on you.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2011, 08:13:29 pm »

How about - robe is for fun and RP.
If you want a hint - give sand robes bonus for outdoorsman rolls for avoiding encounters - or maybe even complete outdoorsman bonus. Though not everything is desert, wasteland encounters still all look quite hot and desolate to make this kind of wear good use.That kind of robe would be more hindrance than just 1 agi malus. Only realistic purpose would be a chance to change eyeshots to headshots because of hood on you.

and the legs with groin hard to hit cause you not really sure where they are located... cause the robe is so... oh well, someone said it already.
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2011, 09:39:41 am »

I think all armor should have some effect on the skills something like we saw in tactics where sneak get some modifier with heavy armors. Robes should give a nice bonus to sneak while leather jacket and armor a small one. Combat armor should give a little minus to sneak and metal armors should give a huge one.
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2011, 10:38:00 am »

Currently, there is something like AC modifier. Just put few more points to robes and thats it.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 28 queries.