"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 12:53:08 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Actual invisibility with the Stealth Boy?  (Read 846 times)

Actual invisibility with the Stealth Boy?
« on: June 15, 2011, 08:58:00 pm »

I wish to suggest modifications to the Stealth Boy's properties:

- Remain undetectable unless making running? (I think this is what happens when you enter stealth anyways), the AI could be patched to acknowledge
  this and not go out killing you even though you are stealthed.
- Disable weapon use, or if attempting attacking removes Stealth Boy's effects, so as to not make the item "nerfed".
- This would actually make Vedaras' Thief suggestion more enjoyable.
- It be temporary (30 - 45 Seconds duration?) much like how consumables such as Mentats and Jet work, rather than an equipped item.
- The player using it be actually invisible (sprite-less would be a better word), by patching the game's sprites (I checked some of the internal data) that  are used for being affected by the
  Stealth Boy on all player's systems (perhaps the distributed install could perform this) the stealthed player would be able to quickly use it and flee from their location. Not just to the player, but
  all online players as well.
- Motion Detector should still be able to detect those using it.

Particularly the reason I suggest this is because in Fallout and Fallout 2, I was surprised to see that it only really increases the sneak stat. Should be more, considering the item was probably a military grade stealth device for infiltration of bases with enemies donning thermal and IR sights. Another reason I see this as useful is because it would help for obtaining expensive (and oftentimes powerful) weapons and ammo without firing a single round.  I am however aware that the proficiency of stats is important in how useful those items are though. If you disagree with this however, do think you could come up with a way to improve it though? I would like to see this and a few other items augmented.
Share any related thoughts or opinions if you may.
Re: Actual invisibility with the Stealth Boy?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 01:17:47 am »

Good idea, but i think there should at least 30% chances to be seen anyway...
(when aiming)

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
Re: Actual invisibility with the Stealth Boy?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 01:22:09 am »

Unstealth if do any action, not bad idea if it will be more common suprise boom xD
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 21 queries.