"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 09:56:44 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Lost as all hell  (Read 1324 times)

Lost as all hell
« on: June 16, 2011, 11:44:34 am »

Hey guys I just started playing this game a couple days ago, ive played all the fallouts, aswell as lots of open loot mmorpgs but NONE compare to the slow start of FOnline.

I've read the wiki up and down and still can't find away to really do anything enjoyable in game, Shit shoveling seems like the obvious answer but the brahmin shit respawns a little to slow to even be able to grind through that to the higher levels.
Mining seemed to be the easiest way to get starting cash i've tried Shit shoveling, box lifting, walking around the hub looking for random encounters containing geckos and hub patrol to sell the hides, mining, resource gathering, and nothing is really letting me break through and start playing really.
So I got to level 4 and tried to kill some rats with a leather jacket and a sawed off shotgun, died almost instantly lost all the progress, tried again with a leather jacket and a combat knife on some brahmin, once again died instantly. The fallout games werent like that at all, they actually gave you the option to fight at all stages of gameplay. This one its feeling like im gunna have to get decked out before I can do ANYTHING even remotely fun in game.

Anyways im posting this up for maybe some tips or an activity I havent tried or maybe a noob-helping gang to see and help me out.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
Re: Lost as all hell
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 11:52:12 am »

This is just a beta and 2238 totally lack quests to start, but don't give up: the harshness make all the taste of the game, cause you really care for what you achieve, cause fucking dammnit, IT WAS HARD, and you could have lost much. Get a tent ASAP, and try to get some friends (but be careful to whom you give your trust).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 11:56:02 am by Crazy »
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 11:54:53 am »

Yeah thanks ive been trying to make a damn tent, I can kinda make some caps but I cant even kill a fucking brahmin lol
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 11:58:31 am »

it may pay off to play it slow in encounters with turnbased combat only set. least that way you can try to attack once and run with the rest of your action points rather than being swarmed by the mobs.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 11:59:11 am »

Yeah thanks ive been trying to make a damn tent, I can kinda make some caps but I cant even kill a fucking brahmin lol

A big problem of most of people beginning game is unappropriate builds, which don't allow to fight these brahmins at lvl 4-6. But I would advise to buy the brahmin hides rather than gather it yourself, it's probably easier (in fact if you find a nice guy, though they are not so much, they might give it to you for free, cause gettong brahmin hides is really easy after some levels).
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 12:23:48 pm »

do u use irc ? if so find me on #sq channel i gonna help u with tent and some other stuff.
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 12:35:11 pm »

Wellcome onboard.
Unfortunately builds that rocked in Fallout don't work in Fonline. As you pointed out there is no real progression in encounters and gameplay difficulty. For exemple, you'll need at least a level in Lifegiver, which was almost useless with  the Save/Load function. There is a build compilation here on the forums, and you can check the Character Planner in the Tools/Modifications board. A not pure combat build will be easier to handle in the early stages though.
I understand your frustration about the slow beginning.. Actually after you play for a couple of weeks that slow beginning will become one of the most fun parts.. Too bad you'll be continously stopped by PKs.. So..
After you get a tent DO get into a gang. It's easier and more fun to play with buddies. Most people will shoot you on sight, but not everybody. Try to have a chat with people you meet. Try to post ont he gang related board too.
CRAFTING: It's fun, and mandatory in a gang.. I mean, some team mates must be crafters, I'm one, but.. You can't make caps by crafting. It is simply not doable. You'll probably end crafting what you use only.. You need quick cash? Collect some junk and make BBs.
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 01:00:08 pm »

Eh? You can make plenty of money crafting, even if you have to just sell whatever you craft to NPC's. TB is indeed easier, you can "lasthit" a few of the enemies in Vs encounters, sure you will die alot still but slowly but surely you will get stronger, Or if your lazy do what most other people do and hunt molerats and aim for the eyes.
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 02:03:42 pm »

Thanks for all the replys but big props to Rascal, hooked it up with all I could need + a tent thanks bro

Frenchy

• TSAR
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 05:16:14 pm »

Thanks for all the replys but big props to Rascal, hooked it up with all I could need + a tent thanks bro

http://www.nitue.net/fcp/index.php?v=2238

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 07:28:42 pm »

first let me give you a huge piece of advice:
Move to an unguarded town(like Modoc, it has a lot of Brahmins near)
when the TC timer is on go with empty inventory in the town and try to make some firends, if you die, well you know what factions to avoid
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.