"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:36:28 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Fix Melee Damage  (Read 9785 times)

Re: Fix Melee Damage
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2011, 02:47:58 am »

Solars attitude (which i have no problem with and don't see anything wrong with considering how many ungrateful whiny bitches there are constantly complaining) has nothing to do with server stats dropping, why don't you look at previous numbers they ALWAYS drop off after a few months, this has been a longer than usual wait so you can easily infer that the players will continue to drop, a wipe will happen and it will be good as new as with every other wipe. Also to you Perteks, the chance are it's going to be a melee or hth build that chooses that perk, lets see someone who fights up close and personal isn't going to be able to fuck over someone who has very limited up close fighting and hth skills? Of course they will be able to when the fighting is up close and personal. You have a fucking minigun, the person can't run closer to the wielder than the barrel is? You have a pistol, the person cant grab your arm so you can't aim at him? You have a rocket launcher, well in that case you deserve to die with the hth.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2011, 03:06:50 am »

There is little wrong with hth, though in realtime people using ranged weapons loose their advantage just by not having time to use it. Not that easy to fix, because sentry mode used in tactics would be considerable as a cheat in 2238. Nevertheless this is more of an engine issue which never made targeting more RT friendly.
EDIT: by making that kind of perk melee guys will not suffer that much from having to move at the range where bursts do very high amount of damage they nor anyone else can achieve.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 03:09:38 am by Johnnybravo »
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2011, 03:19:55 am »

Excuse me, but you all guys are a bit offtopic  :-\
My thread isn't about "In your face!" perk -_-

Anyway, Solar can you read my last reply?
Want to play Hardcore? Choose Melee!
I still fight for HtH rights. Join the cause in http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=3723.0

Y0ssarian

• incredible
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2011, 03:57:04 am »

unrealistic

Fallout 1/2.

realism point of view.

Gameplay>realism, no? Also I think fallout canon is fiction but I've been wrong before...
power

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2011, 04:04:32 am »

I like these upcoming changes, so devs care at least about one player - me. Personally, I dont care much about melee (including hth), as long as we dont change some mechanics involved in melee fighting (huge sneak bonuses, large variety of melee weapons and armors, perks), melee chars shouldnt be a challenge for ranged chars.
Moreover, more perks = more variety, time will show which perks are superior than other. 50% miss chance for pretty rare scenario, wasting high level perk does not sound OP to me.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2011, 05:17:16 am »

Agreed, I really like most of the changes I read about. More perks to choose from = good thing! "In your face!" perk does not sound like a game stopper and will probably have requirements limiting it to hth builds. Considering BG only really needs 1-2 bursts to kill at 1 hex, not a big deal at all. Each combat skill should have an advantage, and weakness compared to other combat skills.

However, considering how cheap spiked knuckles are, hth would be the perfect troll build, taking minimal losses on death. So I hope hth is not made too powerful.

The Devs are clearly involved with the FOnline community, and listening to player input. I think this is pretty rare in the world of gaming.  ;D

« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 05:26:38 am by aForcefulThrust »

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2011, 09:31:45 am »

Excuse me, but you all guys are a bit offtopic  :-\
My thread isn't about "In your face!" perk -_-

Anyway, Solar can you read my last reply?

Your last replay? What about it?

The main idea behind the hand to hand stuff is that it becomes easier to avoid damage on your way in. This is done either via dodging perks (HTH Evade, Dodge, In Your Face!) or by taking anti cripple/tank perks. There will be the ability to hit slightly harder than now too, but thats almost an incidental bonus.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 10:24:34 am by Solar »
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2011, 05:09:50 pm »

Personally, I dont care much about melee (including hth)

considering how cheap spiked knuckles are, hth would be the perfect troll build, taking minimal losses on death. So I hope hth is not made too powerful.

I see you people are a bit confused: Hand-to-Hand (HtH) include any non-ranged weapons (both Unarmed and Melee). When we say "HtH" it is intended as a "class" where Melee and Unarmed are "sub-classes".
HtH isn't just Unarmed.

In fact, "Bonus HtH damage" boost Melee Damage, which applies both to Unarmed and Melee (the HtHs, exactly).
I still fight for HtH rights. Join the cause in http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=3723.0
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2011, 05:12:24 pm »

Your last replay? What about it?

The main idea behind the hand to hand stuff is that it becomes easier to avoid damage on your way in. This is done either via dodging perks (HTH Evade, Dodge, In Your Face!) or by taking anti cripple/tank perks. There will be the ability to hit slightly harder than now too, but thats almost an incidental bonus.

Here it is:

Melee damage was always just added to top IN FONLINE, not Fallout 1 and 2, where that's a real "bonus", not just an add to max value. As I explained in the thread linked in signature, a real bonus damage should be added to both max and min dmg, as in F1/F2.

This is clearly showed even in FOnline Wiki on Bonus HtH Damage perk ( http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Bonus_HtH_Damage ):
"Note: This perk actually increases character's parameter "melee damage" by 2 points, which is added to Maximum damage value only (not to overall melee damage as it written)."

Over that, I'm happy you guys are doing something for HtH warriors  :D

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2011, 06:49:55 pm »

Yes, what about it? I can't be bothered checking on the originals, but its added to the top here at least.

It just means they'll be twice the size they would be if they were added to the top and bottom.
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2011, 07:11:41 pm »

i just hope "in your face" will require alot of unarmed/melee skill, endurance and/or strength, because it would be dumb that every single combat char is gonna take it, and laugh when TC is gonna look like some show, bullets will fly like a rain, but missing the chars... :o

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2011, 07:17:05 pm »

If TC is only about bursting from 1 hex then something is already a little odd :/

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2011, 08:04:47 pm »

Nah it will just be more rocket launchers guys than bursters
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2011, 02:26:19 am »

Yes, what about it? I can't be bothered checking on the originals, but its added to the top here at least.

It just means they'll be twice the size they would be if they were added to the top and bottom.

I have some trouble in translate that.... let me understand: are you going to double the effect of "Bonus HtH Damage" but only for the maximum value? Isn't more balanced if you change to a real "bonus" like the original games? (that's only a suggestion, I'm not whining about it).

Also, even if a bit off-topic: is there any official thread about the wipe date and upcoming change? Since it's lot of time I don't read the forum, I could have lost something and I'm not able to find them with Search function  :P
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2011, 03:38:46 am »

oh my bad, i forgot that park affects only bursters ( i find that odd anyway ).

what about flamer? it shoots in Burst mode...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 27 queries.