"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:33:20 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: normal economy in the game  (Read 1253 times)

normal economy in the game
« on: June 10, 2011, 05:28:54 pm »

Many say that evil - a lot of money in the game. I do not agree

Evil is not Caps. They simply facilitate bartering. evil - megaton loot that accumulates from traders.
Evil is that traders are buying cartridges for 5 caps (or exchange it) even if he has 100,500 of these cartridges.
He buys almost broken Kalash despite the fact that he has 120 assault, 200 and 600 minigun Mauser.
You just have to include brain and think about a system for sharing loot with the bid.

My suggestions:
1. traders to buy only what they have is not enough. if something gets a lot - the price drops down to zero (an example of dialogue: "this minigun is 1500 cps, but I'll give you for it 5 because I have too many"
2. respawn goods only drug dealers in New Reno
3. traders are not buying goods which repaired, only just made or svezhesnyaty from the corpse (the price is reduced proportionally to the degree of damage)
4. The total amount of money in the game - a kind of constant, and little is added during the registration of new characters. And here it would be nice to make some accounts with sophisticated recording and the ability to create within them 10.5 characters. Example: in game 1 billion. when a new account is added a million more (for 1K each bargaining, NPC, etc.) Caps on random encounters to remove all (you can leave caravans perhaps, but from the same amount)
5. Banks can not do more than a piggy bank and a means of safe transportation of money from city to city (and make the possibility of attack on the representatives of FLC in the wasteland and away their money) for a certain percentage (which flows into the total and distributed among the bids, etc.)
If you do not understand what I wrote, use Google Translator or Google Chrome.
I am writing in Russian in order to avoid double translation

spike allen

• C88 cannon fodder
Re: normal economy in the game
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 05:39:53 pm »

5. Banks can not do more than a piggy bank and a means of safe transportation of money from city to city (and make the possibility of attack on the representatives of FLC in the wasteland and away their money) for a certain percentage (which flows into the total and distributed among the bids, etc.)
This actually could counter the banking system flaws, only one problem : What about camping the route of the FLC caravans? One day and no money on all bank accounts:D
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 05:53:19 pm »

you misunderstood me. You can lose money if you did moving money out of the NKR in Vault-City, such as on caravan with the guards who transported the money fell into the wastelands. Naturally, you can lose the entire amount if you decide to move it completely from town to town

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 05:58:22 pm »

He buys almost broken Kalash despite the fact that he has 120 assault, 200 and 600 minigun Mauser.
I WANT THAT!!! ;D
Nah, just joking. Back to topic.

My suggestions:
1. traders to buy only what they have is not enough. if something gets a lot - the price drops down to zero (an example of dialogue: "this minigun is 1500 cps, but I'll give you for it 5 because I have too many"
3. traders are not buying goods which repaired, only just made or svezhesnyaty from the corpse (the price is reduced proportionally to the degree of damage)
1. I always said traders should not buy stuff they don't need. Also, why the heck would a gun-smith need a broc flower for example? Why would he buy a radio if he has 9001 radios on him?
3. As far as I know broken stuff already cost less.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 06:18:02 pm »

3. As far as I know broken stuff already cost less.
We must change the calculation of the cost of the broken goods. For example: the shotgun with the degree of damage 0% is 100 caps. with the degree of damage 30% costs 70 caps, with degree of damage 99% - 1 cap. Very simple and effective.
And the stuff that someone has repaired before the dealer does not buy AT ALL. Let the traders themselves slowly repairing broken stuff and sell them more expensive.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 09:02:30 pm »

It currently depends on broken count - so an item broken 10 times and is 99% will be cheaper than one thats never been broken and is 1%. This makes sense.

Having said that, the repair system changes on the wipe and broken count no longer exists - so pricing will be more intuitive.

Traders will also not buy items they are not interested in and the banking system is fixed up.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Astarot

• Damn ! WTF ! Why you die so easily !
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 10:50:25 pm »

broken count no longer exists

Did you only talk about the notification with " Mr fixit " perk ?

Because, what about " beyond repair " ? How to know when a weapon etc can not be repaired ?
" Low stuff on my 'cause I was tired of loosing BA " Caled

" Stay calm tomorow will be better you'll see ! " dskpnk

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 01:09:19 am »

Did you only talk about the notification with " Mr fixit " perk ?

Because, what about " beyond repair " ? How to know when a weapon etc can not be repaired ?
You seem to have no idea what hes talking about. Its about a hidden counter that every item has, that modifies the chance to repair something
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 07:55:28 pm »

This suggestion would be nice, but easy to abuse.
you go to some seller in NCR or VC and buy 5miniguns for 1500caps.
then you go to some poor bastard in Necropolis or SF and sell each of them for 1500caps.

Sounds like a real life system, a real trader and caravaner system, unfortunately most guys will buy and sell with his barter-alt. then transport his goods using a taxi-alt, and then login with his another barter-alt in the destiny city to sell the stuff.

PD:no alts is the solution to almost every problem in the game, a reseting system (and a limited number of chars, like 2 or 3) will be the solution to the unvariety of chars tested.
PD2:spacefucker your avatar made me laugh... and hangover, they must say something falloutistic, not internet jerga
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 07:57:11 pm by Reiniat »
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 22 queries.