"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 08, 2024, 02:50:05 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Penny Arcade Accidentally Surmises FOnline  (Read 1822 times)

Penny Arcade Accidentally Surmises FOnline
« on: May 26, 2011, 01:33:33 pm »

I’m not sure what they were thinking with this stuff, I honestly don’t; this dogged refusal to help the player. If I had to guess, it is this way because they didn’t want to do some boring, typical tutorial sequence that insults the player and makes their titular warmaster out to be some concussed dipshit, taking part in some remedial course for monster slayers. That’s certainly something I can understand. What’s happened in the absence of a true “booster phase,” though, is that people who want to play the game but lack psychic ability are forcibly driven out.

HAUNTINGLY FAMILIAR. Reading it just kind of tickled me. It's actually about The Witcher 2, but hey.

Full news post here.

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
Re: Penny Arcade Accidentally Surmises FOnline
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 01:42:26 pm »

Not only Fonline, quite every game that throws you into the game without explaining anything would apply to this text.

Not a special coincidence. Just think about some old dungeon crawlers for DOS or Gameboy (yes Gameboy).
Also this:

« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 03:14:30 pm by Andr3aZ »

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 02:35:27 pm »

Well, Penny Arcade is pretty retarded in my book anyway.. It's not the games fault if people are too dumb to read a manual - it's not fucking rocket science to read a bit.  ::)

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 10:05:40 pm »

This image made me cry....games will never be the same, i just remember Rayman 1, Wasteland, or even MK, those were real games
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 08:06:45 pm »

This image made me cry....games will never be the same, i just remember Rayman 1, Wasteland, or even MK, those were real games
that is why i prefere to play old games: Fallout1&2>Fallout 3, Theif1&2>Theif 3, Starcraft >Starcraft 2, NFS U2>NFS Pro Street

but some games had evolved from game play perspective, but this are a few: Sid Meyer's Civilizacion 5>2, Sims 3>Sims 1, TM:UF>TM:original... but such games are rare, same as movies

i mean usualy the secuel is allways worst than the original(i think same as Fo1 and 2) this is especialy observed at movies(Pirates of the Caraebian, Saw, Lord of The Rings) serials(Annoying orange, ROBotzi) and even some books(i am not much of a reader)

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.292 seconds with 23 queries.