"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 11, 2024, 01:07:12 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 2-3 sec invuln time when entering map  (Read 2895 times)

Re: 2-3 sec invuln time when entering map
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2011, 05:06:30 pm »

Or spawn randomly in the entire map.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2011, 08:18:09 pm »

or spawn over the place you are and leave the same
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2011, 12:08:04 am »

Entering the middle of town from outside is a bit unrealistic.

"Guarding a Perimeter" has to have meaning.

Make mercs have to wait for "I have arrived on map" signal from a spawning character.
(Some kind of flag broadcast on arrival that has to be in "True" state for a merc to "see" you.)

As for players- so what?

Defenders have advantage guarding a point.

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Gatling

• Violent Pacifist.
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2011, 12:18:49 am »

Hate preview with a passion.  The paralyzed, invisible for a few extra seconds sounds nice, as you shouldn't need more than that.  Now, I understand some have longer load time than others, but catering solely to that is wrong, though the theory is nice. 

Then again, I'm sick of this WM camp and wish to return to my scout-killing roots. "Hey, that guy looks suspicious... KILL IT!"   ahhh, Modoc, how I miss you so.
And now...
"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."- Rorschach
"It's what people know about themselves inside... that makes them afraid." -The Stranger

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2011, 12:25:43 am »

Then again, I'm sick of this WM camp and wish to return to my scout-killing roots. "Hey, that guy looks suspicious... KILL IT!"   ahhh, Modoc, how I miss you so.

It was more "KILL IT !!! Hum, was he looking suspicious? Yeah, I think, let's say that."
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Gatling

• Violent Pacifist.
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2011, 12:27:09 am »

I'm sorry, you weren't part of Modoc militia, who were you again ? Oh yes, the big people who always stuck their noses into the small affairs of others trying to enjoy their stay there.
And now...
"It's what people know about themselves inside... that makes them afraid." -The Stranger

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2011, 12:38:08 am »

I'm sorry, you weren't part of Modoc militia, who were you again ? Oh yes, the big people who always stuck their noses into the small affairs of others trying to enjoy their stay there.

I was one of the Cajuns, who alongside with VSB was trying to make modoc miltia life a bit easier...

Gatling

• Violent Pacifist.
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2011, 12:45:10 am »

Back on topic: Shooting scouts is easier than shooting someone sitting on WM spamming their Preview button to magically spy on everything in viewing range while remaining untouchable before moving in en masse to steamroll everything.  There is the added danger of falling into a trap, but alas, thats something which is prevalent anyway so I don't see why this hurts any while removing those magical armies from the Worldmap ether.

Oh yeah, you could say that, "the noobs will get pwned!" but alas, they are going to get their asses handed to them anyway by militia, sniper pk, or a merc swarm anyway so I don't see how this effects that too much or is a valid arguement.
And now...
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2011, 01:20:53 am »

Sorry but who are you when you say to others "You wasnt in Modoc" or whatever. In second era Modoc was FULL of people.

What is wrong that someone have a bit longer loading of preview? I thought that purpose is to-know-what-is-on-that-spawn
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

Gatling

• Violent Pacifist.
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2011, 01:58:55 am »

I said, "You weren't part of Modoc militia", not that you 'weren't there', because frankly there were lots of pkers going around fighting other large pk groups at the time. I was there in Modoc rather often in past, not on GM name, of course.
And now...
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2011, 03:35:25 am »

Modoc was special because it had only one working spawn, so without preview, no one could scout you unnoticed. It has ended long time ago and it's now just like any other town.

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2011, 01:50:24 pm »

Modoc was special because it had only one working spawn, so without preview, no one could scout you unnoticed. It has ended long time ago and it's now just like any other town.

sadly yes :(

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2011, 02:04:29 pm »

And you forgot a respawn very close to the city :)

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2011, 05:02:47 pm »

That was because it was a preventure of gridcamping and was like 8-10 seconds long to let you run out of the map again (only in towns/fixed locations). This is rather for avoiding death in the time where your screen is either "Loading" or black.

I think a "youre invisible, immortal and paralysed for 1-3 seconds" is ideal to prevent such exploiting/abuse.

I got gridcamped my second day, thats serious bullshit. i was dead as my screen loaded..
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 18 queries.