"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:29:53 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: wipe server periodically  (Read 5422 times)

Re: wipe server periodically
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2011, 03:56:05 pm »

I don't understand why people are talking about those that do not have hours everyday to play, even with only 5-10 hours a week you could easily have lvl 21, this would probably help those players since they can't effectively horde and their shotguns/low tier items, would actually be useful for some pvp more often instead of every 6+ months.

+1 to this suggestion mainly because I play a lot more when it has been wiped and I'm actually competing against others to get better gear to kill them with (If there are others that also play more at the beginning of a wipe wouldn't that help the beta testing with more people/longer hours of playing and finding bugs?)

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2011, 03:56:26 pm »

Good idea, f.e. having the period of 4 months with unlocking some things every month (being able to craft CA) can be more fun at this stage of development.

And each era having unique goal, like:
- PvP goal - first to reach 5k PC kills
- trade goal - first to gain 10 M caps
- PvE goal - first to slaugther 10k DC
etc. can even improve this

I agree to the first part. So that there could be development. TC with lvl 0 gear. Then lvl 1/2/3 progressively. I think it was discussed some time ago, but anyway I think it would be cool to blast shotguns at each other for fun and also for testing balance of weapons.
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2011, 04:12:14 pm »

Indeed, would be nice to see flamer tanks trying to take out shotgun/pipe rifle snipers  ;D
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2011, 05:57:07 pm »

What i'm trying to say is that if we really need to wipe every three months to have some fun, then there is clearly something going wrong right now.
Do you really think it would be an attractive for new players knowing that every 3 months they will lose everything? I find it just a suggestion for bored players which plays since a year or more, but i don't see any other beneficts it could bring. Id rather work on something that can help enlarge the playerbase.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2011, 06:44:09 pm »

What i'm trying to say is that if we really need to wipe every three months to have some fun, then there is clearly something going wrong right now.

yes it is. First of all its beta stage the game is not finished and it simply lacks content, now you cant be gambler for example,  now you cant do anything in npc factions. So wipe adds more things you can do, and after some time passes the what-you-can-do list shrinks and need for wipe grow :) when i was noob i didint want wipe neither, but now it seems like best solution.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2011, 07:00:40 pm »

People are afraid of wipe because of hoarding. The more stuff you have, the worse is the outcome of a wipe (being contradicted by boredom). If you had little to lose, then theres no fear from wipe (excluding lost characters). This idea might promote using equipment instead of hoarding, which would lead to better gameplay imho
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2011, 08:48:09 pm »

pro make 21 for 1 day, newbie can make 21 for few days, all newbies in ncr stuck on 1-6lvl and stay in city or make 21 maximum in 1 week.
so wai not 30+ days?
anyway newbies often loose all theyr stuff by tent follower.
pvp apes still can use hinkley.
trolls still can troll by weapon or word body building.
role players can still role play for all that 30+ days...
or we all must think about shitloads of stuff ? rare items obtained by events or asking gm *nicely*, like people teach - *u need ncr ranger armor ?* - *just ask gm in good mood nice!*
i bet loosers can go away from server.
best people stay.

i m mad ! come on , tell me i m wrong and telling bullshit.

Let the Force be with You.
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2011, 08:48:29 pm »

i m 14 years troll , i need atention !

Let the Force be with You.
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2011, 09:54:22 pm »

Bambi how often have you been told NOT to double post. Quit fucking doing it.

Handyman

• Zostałem Południowcem !
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2011, 06:44:10 pm »

i don't like wipes ... wipes destroy what player build owned and stuff ... that's why i wait for stable version of fonline so i can play without any fear of loosing everything, coz scince opned beta there were some wipes and i'm tired of lvling colleting shiet and stuff i just don't like wipes -.- i'm active on forumzzz but i don't play coz of wiping witch destroys  game play imo

cheers :P
Why would you argue with someone, while you can kill him.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2011, 07:07:08 pm »

i don't like wipes ... wipes destroy what player build owned and stuff ... that's why i wait for stable version of fonline so i can play without any fear of loosing everything, coz scince opned beta there were some wipes and i'm tired of lvling colleting shiet and stuff i just don't like wipes -.- i'm active on forumzzz but i don't play coz of wiping witch destroys  game play imo

cheers :P

when everything can be earned in very little tipe wipe is not a problem and even a good thing. If stuff could be earned so hard that players would fight with leather jackets level of equipment then you would be right.

Handyman

• Zostałem Południowcem !
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2011, 07:36:40 am »

when everything can be earned in very little tipe wipe is not a problem and even a good thing. If stuff could be earned so hard that players would fight with leather jackets level of equipment then you would be right.
you know it's a lie, gangs in like even one day get caps for cave or bigger base, and fights with LSW and in CA will be just one day...  i know i was in big gang...

and i still say wipes are bad in my opinion just destroy what player owned and created, i can accept if it adds new stuff via patches and all but wipe just for wipe is just bad

Cheers ;*
Why would you argue with someone, while you can kill him.

arathhunter

• Arath =Gray Rock Village Leader= -Canadian Drow-
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2011, 11:10:31 am »

you know it's a lie, gangs in like even one day get caps for cave or bigger base, and fights with LSW and in CA will be just one day...  i know i was in big gang...

and i still say wipes are bad in my opinion just destroy what player owned and created, i can accept if it adds new stuff via patches and all but wipe just for wipe is just bad

Cheers ;*

I agree with this Guy here.

I want a wipe to Improve. not becuase a small group of people want more things are are annoyed people want there things safe. Its their business. Yes, My base is filled with crap loads of items, and well... tents gone now. but was filled with tons of stuff. but even then. I still want This wipe. and when It comes I'll play more often. New features and such. more things to enjoy. and more balance (hopefully). but a time limit of how long we get to play as one character? Jeez. Cap me at level 10 why don't you? I don't want to dedicate my online time to Hunting to level and killing other players for their gear. I do other things then Thoes in this game. and just focusing on Leveling would just make the game more boreing for me. espeshily at the beginning. I Like How I play now. And thats with plenty of Varity. with a Idea like this. It feels like I'm being forced into something enevitable, and It'd be like that every month or 2. I'd Imagine it Being Like being... well, I don't think I can say such things on the forums. But It just makes me sick to think of what I'm compairing this to.

Just what I'm saying. I'm alright and completely Happy with Wipes comeing to fix tons of problems and Adding new features. But I'll eventually just give up on this game if its like that.

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2011, 11:20:05 am »

What about creating a server for dark age ?

Level cap : 9 or 12
Best armor : Leather armor Mk 2 ou Combat Leather Jacket
Small Gun : No sniper, no gauss, no p90...
Big gun : Only Flamer
Thrower : Only rocks, spears, knives and molotov
Energy : Only pistols
Melee : No ripper, supersledge or cattleprod
Vehicules : Only caravan, cockroach and scout
Bases : Only caves and trapper camp
Bank : no interrest
Followers : only slaves and animals
Caps : Acquirable only with job or encounters. Will disapear in trader inventory, even right after trade
Npc : Those with forbidden weapons won't be lootable or stealable.

So it would be constant post-wipe era, and the fans of this era won't bother here...

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2011, 11:24:13 am »

EW pistols will pwn everything else
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 1.845 seconds with 28 queries.