Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Words  (Read 2267 times)

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
Words
« on: May 19, 2011, 07:24:53 pm »

Sitting here in the outskirts of the Boneyard lets me contemplate the wastes before me.

Why would I describe it? It's right there, all around, for us to look at it if we wanna. And anyway, I don't think I got words to talk about it. People from before the War cared so much about making bombs, they forgot to make up new words to talk about the world those bombs would create. Or maybe they did, but didn't care about protecting them, about saving them from destruction and oblivion.

There is nothing I can do alone to change all this though. I can only think about it and get mad, but nothing more. I could punch someone in the nose for not caring, but that wouldn't make sense, it would only make me feel better. I still need to do something anyway.

I grab my knife and come near a ruined wall, behind it, the wastes can be seen. I carve a message on the wall: "Just watch it die". People will probably read it and understand something has to be done.

I start walking down a street towards the fallen buildings, stepping on the dry vegetation growing on the broken concrete.

Then I notice a graffitti on a wall: "Like I give a fuck".

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
Re: Words
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 09:11:37 pm »

cool stuff

also: F1R$T

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 09:17:06 pm »

Very relaxing and interesting to see a story which is not yet another "Highwaymen tried to raid us, we killed them". ;)
Often enough we don't just stop and actually think about our surrounding and what happened that we have to fight for our survival in this world.
This story brought the attention towards it, good. :)

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 07:51:54 am »

cogliostro

• No Parole from Rock 'n' Roll, all the way from L.A
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 05:54:49 am »

Very good m8, really nice ambient yoo put on it, I think you should do more like these and in the end, put fragments together, or maybe yoo could do as a novel and write part by part till' yoo feel it filled or when yoo choose it must ends.

Keep 'em comin'!  :)
Let them eat metal!

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 07:31:06 am »

Thank you a lot, Cogliostro. I have been thinking about what you suggested :) Not sure if it will come to a reality though, but this, along with any other future stories, might eventually be fragments of a character's background.

Also, while I do like novels, I find this kind of "little" short works with concentrated sense (like the one I hope I've succesfully achieved in my OP) very attractive, so I bet fragmentation of this hypothetical bigger story will remain there instead of some sort of all-in-one, opened and closed kind of story.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.229 seconds with 23 queries.