"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 05:38:32 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Reputation gain on being killed by a particular group  (Read 1358 times)

Reputation gain on being killed by a particular group
« on: May 18, 2011, 07:45:59 pm »

Being killed by some group that has its own reputation stats should cause raise in rep with them. For example someone has -300 rep with NCR and he has been killed by NCR army on encounter, then he gets killed again and again. We may assume that NCR and others are just sadistical bastards that want to kill their enemy infinite amount of times but i prefer to think that killing one they hate makes them at least a little pleased and more forgiving. In my opinion a reasonable reputation bonus would be +20rep on being killed by a certain group.
Re: Reputation gain on being killed by a particular group
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 07:59:39 pm »

Highly abusable.
You have undertaken actions to get that bad rep, deal with it.
It already gets back to neutral after a while.
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 08:12:03 pm »

Highly abusable.
You have undertaken actions to get that bad rep, deal with it.
It already gets back to neutral after a while.

I disagree. You can easily boost your reputation with some groups like for example NCR by trading. You can get from -1000 to 0 in a split second. But if you get killed 100 times it doesn't change nothing. In my opinion it should be otherwise. Another thing is that not every faction has a way to regain reputation with them. And it would make it more sensible.

In case of getting from -1000 to 0 you have to die 50 times, it would take 1h-1,5h of constant dieing. Well if we change it that being killed gives (+10rep) it means 2h- over 3h of constant dieing. That seems fair enough to me.

avv

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 08:24:16 pm »

Dying doesn't have any downside if you don't lose anything. Reputation is pretty much a joke anyway.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 08:37:03 pm »

Well how about making it that only those dieing counts when player had at least half of his cw full with stuff. Now he either buy shotguns or gather flints but still needs to take effort to have a death that would give only +10 rep I think it could work that way.
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 08:50:49 pm »

Dying doesn't have any downside if you don't lose anything. Reputation is pretty much a joke anyway.

Well you have to wait doing nothing and waiting for respawn, and then going back to the place you want to go. If it happens once and without eq it's nothing special. But if you have to die repeatedly i can see a significant downside here.
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 02:17:16 am »

I think is should definately happen when:
Spawn.
You encounter Vc patrol vs Mutated rats
Burst
Rat was hit for 8dmg
You were hit for over 9000dmg and were killed.
Replication .59

Rage.
The only exploit involved abusing your intelligence  ;D

avv

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 10:52:46 am »

Well you have to wait doing nothing and waiting for respawn, and then going back to the place you want to go. If it happens once and without eq it's nothing special. But if you have to die repeatedly i can see a significant downside here.

Provided that you do die. I just don't see what kind of practical situation could be used as an example here. Say you farm on ncr army. Ok, bad rep can't go to ncr. So what, go to sf, vc or hub until rep is returned.

Moreover nothing good should come out of death ever. Players should avoid death and be rewarded from staying alive. In addition getting killed repeatedly by an npc encounter is very bad gameplay and nobody should have to suffer from that.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 06:44:42 pm »

Reputation shouldn't be boosted by trading with npc. It's a bad feature.

Reputation should also not be boosted by dying. It's easily abusable. Example>
I have a bad rep with VC, my made is in VC. I rent a room somewhere, fail stealing, get killed, spawn in my room and have lost my protection.
My friend, who is in the VC faction, can now kill me over and over with no penalty till my rep is back to neutral.
This session it doesn't go for all factions, but after the wipe there's going to be changes in factions, including npc factions.
If the rep system stays the same and this suggestion is implemented, they might just as well remove the whole rep system as it would become obsolete.

Best we can do is wait and see if and what changes there are going to be made in the faction system and in the rep system.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 10:59:06 pm »

when sugesting a new featchure, you have to balance the x from the ecuation(where x is the diference of, abuses, helps and it shoud be allways near 0)

i can;t tell you the correct ecuasion, but here is a prototype:

winnings*easyness-(how many times can you do et)*(faction help)=(happyness/unhappyness)+x

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011, 11:13:45 pm »

yes i agree with author, just i thing the drop would be quite much lower maximum of 5 or something.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 19 queries.