"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 21, 2024, 06:15:08 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

What do you think about this game so far?

It's awesome!
- 3 (30%)
It looks really promising!
- 5 (50%)
It's allright.
- 0 (0%)
I don't like it.
- 0 (0%)
I hate it!
- 2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [L.A Noire]Have you seen it, does it look promising, will you buy it?  (Read 2118 times)

Cola

• Knowledge is everything.

So, basicly this game called L.A Noire is comming out on PS3 and Xbox 360.
I noticed it on youtube a few days ago and I'm about to buy it. I think it's awesome!

L.A. Noire is a video game developed by Team Bondi in conjunction with Rockstar Games and published by Rockstar Games. Initially announced as a PlayStation 3 exclusive, the game was later reported to also be scheduled for release on the Xbox 360. L.A. Noire is set in "a perfectly re-created Los Angeles" of 1947, with players being given an open-ended challenge to solve a series of murder mysteries.
As the title suggests, the game draws heavily from both plot and aesthetic elements of film noir - stylistic films from the 1940s and 1950s that shared similar visual styles and themes including crime, sex and moral ambiguity and were often shot in black and white with harsh, low-key lighting. The game uses a distinctive colouring-style in homage to the visual style of film noir. The post-war setting is the backdrop for plot elements that reference the detective films of the '40s (as well as James Ellroy's novel L.A. Confidential and the Academy Award winning Curtis Hanson film based on it), such as corruption and drugs, with a jazz soundtrack.
L.A. Noire is also notable for using Lightsprint's real-time global illumination technology, as well as Depth Analysis's newly developed technology for the film and video game industries called MotionScan, where actors are recorded by 32 surrounding cameras to capture facial expressions from every angle.
LA Noire is the first video game to be shown at the Tribeca Film Festival.
Read more from wikipedia here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L.A._Noire

Trailers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYym1U226M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL9wsEFohTw

Rating

Tell me what you think!

« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 10:15:03 pm by Cola »
My current In-game name is Colan.

Surf

• это моё.

Kept following it for a while already (after all, it was 6 years in development) and I'm very interested. Especially after I've seen how good they captured the atmosphere, in Jazzclubs, with good music, appropriate clothing, cars and so on. That's a thing Rockstars (and in this case Team Bondi) always do perfectly. Will see how the actual gameplay is - the trailers look very promising. Unfortunately, I have already bought The Witcher II and the Honest Hearts DLC this month, so I have to wait for new cash to roll in. :)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...

In one word, Awesome...  But in two words:  Bad Ass.   ;D
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Guess where they take this idea ? From almost best Czech game Mafia !!!!!
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

Surf

• это моё.

Guess where they take this idea ? From almost best Czech game Mafia !!!!!

I agree that Mafia is a good game. But there are quite a few different things, a rather Noir background is not the same as a Mafia background. ;)

Michel, did you already play it?

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...

I agree that Mafia is a good game. But there are quite a few different things, a rather Noir background is not the same as a Mafia background. ;)

Michel, did you already play it?
It's made by Rockstar, you don't need to play it to know it's badass.  ;)
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Surf

• это моё.

It's made by Rockstar, you don't need to play it to know it's badass.  ;)

It's made by Team Bondi, Rockstar only was a helping hand.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...

It's made by Team Bondi, Rockstar only was a helping hand.
The fact that they were INVOLVED means it's badass! xD

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter

what are the requirements?

Cola

• Knowledge is everything.

what are the requirements?

This game is only released on PS3 and Xbox 360.
My current In-game name is Colan.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.