"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 10:01:38 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Microstuttering in combat  (Read 1134 times)

Microstuttering in combat
« on: May 15, 2011, 02:21:03 am »

Yeah, i got some kind of microstuttering. most of the time i experience it heavily in realtime combat.
I got the feeling that the more npcs are presented the heavier the stuttering is. Its like every 1-3 seconds the game is bucking for a second or so. Its really annoying.
It appears also in non combat sometimes when there are many npcs/people on the screen too. i dont have a clue what its causing  :-\

Anyone got an idea?

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
Re: Microstuttering in combat
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 03:39:52 am »

Check your ping with F1. If you have high ping, it is most likely a problem on your end.

But, in real-time combat, there are issues of the player getting pulled back onto a hex because of differences in where the server says you are, and where your screen says you are, which can be very annoying and make RT almost unplayable against NPCs if you have high lag/ping.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

mrninjamonk

• Crazy 88
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 03:59:00 am »

But, in real-time combat, there are issues of the player getting pulled back onto a hex because of differences in where the server says you are, and where your screen says you are, which can be very annoying and make RT almost unplayable against NPCs if you have high lag/ping.

i get this allot and my ping is usually around 200-300, but it is only after i am hit in Rt combat.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 04:08:39 am »

ping is betweent 50 and 100 most of the time. so i dont think it has something to do with that. its not like an internet lag. the whole computer is stuttering for a  second, not only the game. but it just appears when i play fonline and especially in combat with many npcs.

btw, is there a config file anywhere in the fonline folder?

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 06:43:50 am »

Yes there is a config file, also how old is your graphics card? Do you have a decent amount of ram? Have you updated video drivers?
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 07:45:11 am »

its a gf 9 series card, updated the drivers just yesterday. nothing changed. where can i find the config file?

Xarr

• Former Troll
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 09:32:29 am »

its a gf 9 series card, updated the drivers just yesterday. nothing changed. where can i find the config file?
If you run the Launcher you see the button "Config", and there's Config.exe in your FOnline Folder
I used to be a bag of dicks, but then I grew up. I gave many of you guys a hard time, but on the other side I kept myself busy with helping players, and I never gave up on that.

Still, the FOnline community is a thing of it's own class.
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 03:26:27 pm »

thought there is some text file where i can add lines for instance. got the same problem with WoW earlier, added SET gxApi "D3D9" to the config file and everything was fine,
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 06:13:26 pm »

I'm really desperate about that faltering. Tried every single option at the videosettings but nothing worked so far. It doesnt make any sence to me that it occurs especially when there are many people/npcs around doing things. Like i said earlier its no latency. It seems more like a performance problem since the whole computer stands still for a second. ???
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 22 queries.