"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 09:08:07 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: In regards to the combat system...  (Read 811 times)

In regards to the combat system...
« on: May 11, 2011, 05:38:50 am »

I just had a few questions, if anyone could take a second to help me out...

First off, i noticed that in the config i've got the option of real time, turn based, or both types of combat.. which as a fallout fan and player for years makes absolutely no sense to me. I thought the only type of combat in fallout was the turn based kind? I've been playing fonline for a few days now and have tried to get a hang of this "real time" combat system, and i cannot for the life of me figure out an effective way to fight like this. It simply doesn't work in my opinion, and it's made the whole thing very annoying.

So my question is this, if i have "turn based" combat checked, and someone who wants to attack me has their settings to "real time" how is that going to work out?? Will it be a turn based fight, or a real time fight?

The second question i have is about sequence.. it seems to me that it wouldn't mean a damn thing in this real time combat system. Is it safe to say that any perk which would make my character sequence faster would be a complete waste?

Any help would be appreciated, i just don't get it.

Thanks.
Re: In regards to the combat system...
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 07:50:18 am »

If it is in a city, It will always be real time, if you are in an encounter that is turn based and someone comes in and attacks you, it will be turn based, if you run into someone's encounter that is RT it will be in real time. Basically make different builds depending on what your going to do, if your going to fight in TB most of the time make a build that can use it effectively (Usually AP enough to do at least 2 shots a turn if your doing TB)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 08:05:16 am by Slaver Snipe »
Re: In regards to the combat system...
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 08:58:26 am »

Imagine events or big fights (one battle in Broken Hills was a 60vs60 players, mercs not counted),
it would take a half day until everyone has done a turn ;)

Thats a reason for RT combat, especially in cities.

Still many people like to fight in turn based mode, and also create builds especially for this.
If you like to fight in encounters and like turn based mode, of course you can go for high
sequence and benefit from it in TB combat.
Artificial Intelligence and Inventor of mighty Plasma Gun.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 22 queries.