"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 28, 2024, 11:20:06 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [9] Have you seen this post-apocalyptic movie and what do you think about it?  (Read 6482 times)

Alec Ramsey

• spiders, snakes, and lizards heads......

seriously, the road is frigging amazing.      living in post-apo with a son and 2 bullets from a gun that looks like its on its last break count is all the action you can handle.  

that movie was brutal.

book of eli was cool, but i coulda done without the invisible protection.   still good though.  (but really, is mila kunis reeeeeallllly our new wasteland badass?  erm...)

"Cyborg"  with vanne damme was great.  there is sick bad guys that you just dont see in action movies anymore. truly menacing.    both sequels sucked, but part 2 was angelina jolies first film.  yeah she plays a fuck-bot.   type casting?

btw crafting small guns in caves reminded me of a quick documentary i saw recently,   http://youtu.be/OZF5HEW2qVw
wow. sitting in tents, crafting 1000 guns a day pretty much barehanded.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 03:08:09 am by Alec Ramsey »

Reiniat

• Humanhunter

Then you only scratched the surface and bitch about the graphical side of the movie. It is a very deep story, better then all other postapo movies. (not that I didn't tell you that already - only last time you used "green filter" instead of "grey" filter :P) Mortenses performance is outstanding, btw.

Same way you described The Road can be applied to Fallout aswell, "lol it's just some game with a-bombs and cool guns xD".

For first time since i knew the existence of this forum (of course, youre older here than me) I completeley agree with you.

HEHE alec ramsey is right Universal Soldier 3 is kinda holy action movie, Jean Claude Van Damme is the best, he make Zwarseneger and Stalone suck balls....
about Cyborg, yes but we have
DISTRICT9

and i dont post splattering, because is artistic spoiling see the movie and have fun, also is a very good movie being full of action with intense violence
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies

Bantz

• Mao!Mao!
    • Gang VŠB

"9" was amazing in terms of animation and the post-apo world design, however the story was realy flat and done for kids, that was kinda dissapointing. These days most of the Pixars films have quite enjoyable story by both kids and adults, one would expect something like it from that one. 

One of the most "wasteland is harsh" movies was Threads, if you liked the Road, you might like that one.

Surf

• это моё.

One of the most "wasteland is harsh" movies was Threads, if you liked the Road, you might like that one.

Yeah, that one got me fucking depressed at the end. This is the most "realistic" nuclear-war movie I've seen. Good movie, you can watch it for free on googlevideo.

Does anime count?
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Surf

• это моё.

Count for what? I personally can't take animes serious, but that's a matter of taste.

Y0ssarian

• incredible

Gundam is the closest post-apoc themed anime I think around. There is also Jing: King of the Bandits and of course Trigun and The Third and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.

edit: Yeah most animus today are.... bad, to say the least.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 05:50:35 pm by Y0ssarian »
power

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...

Gundam is the closest post-apoc themed anime I think around.
SHIT that is an old fucking series.  It was good though...  Very good.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Y0ssarian

• incredible

Old like a fine wine.  ;D
power
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 22 queries.