"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 12:17:54 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: making it easier for new players: Re-make your char at level 10  (Read 3241 times)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: making it easier for new players: Re-make your char at level 10
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 09:58:06 pm »

We'd have level 10 players with 100% of their points send on barter, then? Sounds like a great improvement to "barter alts" :P
It's not like there's any way of eliminating alts...  or dual logs...  or exploits....  or over-noob/newb-harvesting...

I still vote yes, 99.9% of newbies mess up their first character, something along these lines is required... 

Of course we could always have a tutorial....  But nah, that's never gonna happen, it's unfallouty.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 11:19:17 pm »

It's not like there's any way of eliminating alts...  or dual logs...  or exploits....  or over-noob/newb-harvesting...

I still vote yes, 99.9% of newbies mess up their first character, something along these lines is required... 

Of course we could always have a tutorial....  But nah, that's never gonna happen, it's unfallouty.

What no temple of trials... Thats a REAL shame ;)
---

"They say people dont believe in heroes anymore... Well, I'm going to give them back their hero."

Y0ssarian

• incredible
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 11:59:07 pm »

You weren't suppose to kill the guy at the end, WERE you?  :'(
power

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 12:01:49 am »

You weren't suppose to kill the guy at the end, WERE you?  :'(

"Will this be a fight to the death?"
"No, @pname@. This is a fair hand to hand fight, to determine if you are the chosen one, or not. I will strike my hands down if I see you are truely good fighter." (don't have the original message here now).

In an cRPG with multiple paths, you aren't "supposed" to do anything.
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 12:13:32 am »

That's why I'd vote nay.

people already make alts for it, difference is it will actually help new players

really tiring to see all these blocked / nerfed things just to (slightly) get to the abusers

The abusers find a way to over abuse that block and the legit players get rammed in the ass

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 06:51:46 am »

well there was suggestion made, which would not allow to be abused: http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=14716.0
but in same time you would need to re-levelup :>
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 10:02:00 am »

"Will this be a fight to the death?"
"No, @pname@. This is a fair hand to hand fight, to determine if you are the chosen one, or not. I will strike my hands down if I see you are truely good fighter." (don't have the original message here now).

In an cRPG with multiple paths, you aren't "supposed" to do anything.

It [Temple of Trials] was based on what *tribals* would consider to be "ready for the world".

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 10:14:42 am »

It [Temple of Trials] was based on what *tribals* would consider to be "ready for the world".

The way Black Isle implemented it though was wrong, an RPG that's designed to be replayed numerous times should have atleast given the player the option to skip the temple... Even former Black Isle employees have said the temple of trials was a mistake.
---

"They say people dont believe in heroes anymore... Well, I'm going to give them back their hero."

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 12:43:05 pm »

End of the discussion about the temple of trials here - thanks. You can open a new thrad somewhere to talk about it (Also there were already a few suggestions about adding one in 2238, so search before you do that).
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2011, 01:04:17 pm »

End of the discussion about the temple of trials here - thanks. You can open a new thrad somewhere to talk about it (Also there were already a few suggestions about adding one in 2238, so search before you do that).

I think we're safe from that suggestion Izual. the temple of trials isnt something MANY of us want to see return ;)
---

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2011, 08:05:22 pm »

As I see it, power gamers who make alts make alts, anyway. If they can do it in one day instead of two, well...explain me how that's gonna kill the game? Instead of raising a char to be a decent fighter, then gaining 10 more lvl spent on bartering, people will just raise a PVEer to lvl 10 and revert him to a lvl 10 barter.So we're talking about...what? a 12hr xping difference?Big deal!

Maybe we could get some skills out of the deal, such as stealing, explosion, which are not usual newbies skills anyway.

I think i may lack sufficient experience of the game to see how it can be abused, so please give me examples.thanks.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2011, 10:16:34 pm »

As I see it, power gamers who make alts make alts, anyway. If they can do it in one day instead of two, well...explain me how that's gonna kill the game? Instead of raising a char to be a decent fighter, then gaining 10 more lvl spent on bartering, people will just raise a PVEer to lvl 10 and revert him to a lvl 10 barter.So we're talking about...what? a 12hr xping difference?Big deal!

Maybe we could get some skills out of the deal, such as stealing, explosion, which are not usual newbies skills anyway.

I think i may lack sufficient experience of the game to see how it can be abused, so please give me examples.thanks.
This is one of the best arguements thus far.  +1  (Btw its more like 4 hours if you go on it straight)
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.