"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 09:51:52 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A touch confused.  (Read 1148 times)

A touch confused.
« on: April 25, 2011, 02:27:43 pm »

Hey there im fairly new and i have been happily meandering about getting a tent together. Anyway i finally got a tent and started making mining trips and stashing my hard earned earnings. After crafting in the hub i decide to hide behind a building and logoff.

So i was slightly perplexed when i logged on today and found myself having gone from level 3 back to 1 and being in the ncr with my worldmap having no recollection of ever having been to hub or junktown. I still have all my items so i wasnt killed or anything.

I tried searching but it was a fairly amibguous search term, is this a normal thing that im just not aware of or did i get dragged by some wayward brahmin.
The only exploit involved abusing your intelligence  ;D

kiki123

• Ia Ia Chtulhuu Fatagn....
Re: A touch confused.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 03:15:32 pm »

Hey there im fairly new and i have been happily meandering about getting a tent together. Anyway i finally got a tent and started making mining trips and stashing my hard earned earnings. After crafting in the hub i decide to hide behind a building and logoff.

So i was slightly perplexed when i logged on today and found myself having gone from level 3 back to 1 and being in the ncr with my worldmap having no recollection of ever having been to hub or junktown. I still have all my items so i wasnt killed or anything.

I tried searching but it was a fairly amibguous search term, is this a normal thing that im just not aware of or did i get dragged by some wayward brahmin.

Hm.... that is wierd.... i know about rollbacks i think thats what they are called , but something this bad i never saw..... hmmm...
Praise Dagonn and Chtulhuu The wastelands worst enemie.
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 03:27:03 pm »

Well i finally made it back to hub and my tent is still there so its not too bad.
Might it have somethign to do with participating in the ironman event yesterday?

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 03:34:45 pm »

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=11045.30

It's a known bug. There isn't a good solution on your part, since it's because of some sort of bug in how the server saves. It happened to me once, I tried logging out in various places, and it seemed to fix it. Try to log out in different places and wait 3 minutes for your character to fully log out, and then see if it is in the same place when you relog again. It shouldn't last forever.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 05:15:29 pm »

Thanks for the link.
Guess my search terms were screwy.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 22 queries.