"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 28, 2024, 10:51:48 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Donation information  (Read 73688 times)

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
Re: Donation information
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 12:35:51 pm »

Not to mention "GM abuse" phrase has got entirely different meaning when money are involved. So - no. And this is official statement.
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 06:47:02 pm »

ok.
Leader of The Gee-willikers
Swedish PK Faction

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2010, 09:49:42 pm »

yeah items wouldnt do much, cause if you get a gauss rifle for example you can easily lose it, run out of bullets and as it said it would be a disadvantage against other players. If i were a dev, i would make a skin auction for donation. Lets say 2 euros and a skin till next wipe :>

And by the way, you could say that skins are buggy and bla bla, but many people have those buggy skins anyway so i dont see the difference :>
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 10:10:14 pm by vedaras »

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 08:59:41 pm »

or we could sell costumes, like different coloured robes.
Isn't the armour just overwriting the regular spritesheet with a new one, the purple robes.
So maybe use the sprite overwrite to allow the usage of differently coloured robes, they are there just for decoration in any case.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 10:46:48 pm »

It's a good thing you communicate on your funds.
In that way we know when it is urgent to give or not.
TTTLA for a New World Order

Berko

• Tim Tom Ted
    • http://kabefis.deviantart.com/
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2010, 05:17:57 am »

I agree with Cryofluid.
I will try to explain(not i think you are stupid but i speak not really good english) and give you a real example.

In november you have make a news like "We need your help" and many people have donated. And I remember I say "In 3 month they will do the same".
And it's happen .. And I think it will happend each 2-4 months

Why?
Because people don't donate between november and today.

Oh shit players are stingy?
No they are not (not all)

But why they don't donate?
Because they don't have information. ("Oh we can donate really?" "Oh they need funds?" "Yeah I want donate but I don't know where I can!" etc)

But they have a button, they just have to click on it!
Yes but no, we want more information, we want to know the situation ($$ €€) in real time and have a link in fonline2238.net not only on the dev blog.

In real time? you are crazy!
You can do a script fo this job which say :
Quote from: Donate
{The big button}
This month : 12,00€
We need : 60,00€
(link to info about price)
And become green when > 60€ and still you can donate, supplement of funds will be add for the next month.

====

So I say that because I see another project for a 2D game which have a dedied server too. And they have a donate system with paypal too. And they had the same problem .. admin have to cry each month "I don't want to pay alone the server for you!".
And after speak with the comunity he make that system and after that no more serious problem.
The only difference is that the project i speak isn't in developpement and is with a nice but little comunity(60 max) and need each month 80€
I hope with 300 players we can pay the server !

I can ask the admin of "the other project" how he make his script and if he want share it.
And to don't adversing the other project you can ask me more information in PM to see an example in the other project site.

Berko
~~~ Ashes of Phoenix project --> http://fonline-aop.net/ ~~~

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2010, 10:52:13 pm »

How about saying "Thank you" for donations on forum or PM?

*A37654*

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2010, 11:03:59 pm »

Thank you. Though I'd like to remind it's the other players who should be grateful too.

yoz

• yoz ace / yoz kage
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2010, 11:22:09 pm »

Donated.

Thanks for developing and maintaining FOnline.
Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children.
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2010, 12:42:59 pm »

Well I havn't been on here in months... Last time I was on there wasn't an installer or even this site... I am excited to see what has changed in the wasteland. But anyway, I don't care about the item so much. But as far as that goes, there is nothing retarded about it. It doesn't have to give you an advantage, it could be anything. Even a decoration. What's the advantage there? "My tent is prettier than yours!" Lame.
In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2010, 12:45:00 pm »

not at all, mercs and slaves get a 10% morale boost  :-*

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2010, 12:22:24 am »

You could also remark the donation fact in the in-game player's nickname colour; for example you can change the colour of the player's who donated game on gold. However, I think that the ability to choose any nickname colour would be bad thing, as it would bring chaos and mess. There also could be few stages, let say normal, silver and gold, depending on money sent, let say silver 1 euro, golden 10 euro. It would motivate people to donate and to donate much money. I think it should be a shame for a let say big faction lider to have just silver nickname.
"I am the lord of the wastelands, A modern day man of steel,
I gather darkness to please me, and I command you to kneel
before the
God of Thunder and rock'n'roll"
- KiSS "God of Thunder", wastelanders anthem

Handyman

• Zostałem Południowcem !
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2010, 01:02:51 am »

You could also remark the donation fact in the in-game player's nickname colour; for example you can change the colour of the player's who donated game on gold. However, I think that the ability to choose any nickname colour would be bad thing, as it would bring chaos and mess. There also could be few stages, let say normal, silver and gold, depending on money sent, let say silver 1 euro, golden 10 euro. It would motivate people to donate and to donate much money. I think it should be a shame for a let say big faction lider to have just silver nickname.
fail

we donate coz we want to, not for names colors or any different boosts in game ....

troll?
Why would you argue with someone, while you can kill him.

Reconite

• I'm a Spore Plant, I swear to god
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2010, 01:07:32 am »

If anything is given from donation there would be lawsuit.

STOP TRYING.
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA

ARWH. Scummers to the end.

Gruik

• GROAR!
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2010, 08:39:37 am »

But WTF, as Handyman and Reco said, why the hell do you want something in-game for donating ? Playing isn't enough for you ? If nobody pays, first you won't have something more than other players, but second you won't can play anymore...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 18 queries.