"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 09:29:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fallout Tactics Sprite Format  (Read 6876 times)

Janusz2238

• forum.newfmc.pl
Fallout Tactics Sprite Format
« on: April 20, 2011, 10:57:06 pm »

Forehead,
Recently FOnline has the ability to use the sprites from the FT. Fallout Tactics interesting feature was that you could color the characters (http://www.fonline.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=20372) - what we are now able to FOnline.

What it gives you options? You can set the color:
-Hair
-Skin
-Armor.
Until now, various colors, BA, or Vault Bridal required painstaking work and create new sprites. Now just one set of sprites and you can freely manipulate the colors. This means that:
- One of a flip, you can set any color of the carapace and having a whole set of animation

- Set any color hair, you can play, for example, red-haired girl holding all the animations

- Change the color of their skin, or the Negro in the red shirt could be white, or Chinese, and not be in a red shirt, and for example, green or blue

For me, it gives an incredible opportunity. Until now we have hope in 3D. Implementation of the possibility of coloring the engine FOnline sprites, makes it the only advantage of 3D is the ability to facilitate the creation of entirely new armor.

As for the title conversions, I do not know how it looks in practice. My intellectual capabilities on serving end notebook, all graphics programs are complicated for me:)

That's right, not just coloring dorobi additional animation (which is rather obvious.) But that makes the colors and having all the character animation is also a colorized form has them. JumpSuity of NMA, unfortunately do not have all the animation.

As for technikalia, then from what I see, it is not difficult and rather tedious. In the FT as a single frame consists of four layers (parts of the image). Layers are drawn in the order of 1, 2, 3, 4

Layer 1 (l1.bmp) - part of the joint, which in the FT was not colored. FOnline enables its coloring;
Layer 2 (l2.bmp) - skin;
Layer 3 (l3.bmp) - hair;
- Layer 4 (l4bmp) - armor;

So the "conversion" to the format criterów FT, you would have to cut characters from the F2 in a graphics program. Work a lot, but an additional advantage, who yesterday did not come to my mind, is that through this in one fell swoop, you can do critery in three versions: standard, long hair, bald (by moving only one layer).

I found an interesting program that allows batch processing (ie, to automate importing layers) - "Sprite Creator". You can find it on page http://jarekfall.cba.pl/ recommend to read the Readme.
Polskie Pustkowia http://forum.newfmc.pl/
Re: Fallout Tactics Sprite Format
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 11:08:01 pm »

too much work again, just wait for 3D models...
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 11:11:23 pm »

too much work again, just wait for 3D models...
But it's 2D! 2D > 3D, the only reason of 3D is "mimimimi 345723962780346583472083 frames is so much! I can't draw them because I'll have mental disfunction and my fingers will explode and my mouse will be broken!", so it's great idea.
Edit:
Actually the only problem in 2D drawing (I can't remember what I used) is you export frames, then changing them with (in my case) paint, and then importing back, they will be... on other positions and you'll need to fix every frame with your hands, for example you only changed hairs, then saved, then imported back, it'll be replaced a bit on few pixels in some direction, and you have to move that frame to up or to bottom or left or right on few pixels and then check it again if everything is ok. 80% of time in frame creating taking that useless thing which, I think, can be triggered in program code, like take bottom-right pixel of frame when exporing it and save its position, then you may change that frame, and when you import it back it'll use bottom-right pixel to co-ordinate where to put that frame, so it'll be on the same position, not on some random position. This way frame creating will be like x5 times faster and easier and less affect my brain and nerves.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 11:21:05 pm by RavenousRat »
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 11:13:31 pm »

So the "conversion" to the format criterów FT,
! Smells like a translator.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 11:13:42 pm »

2D will always be better for the eyes, so yes, please.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 11:24:57 pm »

The jarekfall program works good for items like the Combat Armor where one color is dominant, it produces lots of errors and unclean spots in other regions unfortunately.

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 03:35:47 am »

i know that it is not the right plce to ask but
after of all of those holy guys (karpov,etc) over the needed animations, we will be able to make our own animation and put it into the game?

because traslate the same movements from the 2D to 3D will look awesome in the begin, but ater it will become boooring, so must of us will try to make some new animations, it will be acepted like is doing already with the 2D skins?
devs will accept also include into te game new stuff (that doesnt change any statistic) like hair, suits, armors, or weapons, for look good, and add more personalitation into the game?

i actually wish to help into 3D creation but im unable, to much personal problems, i post a lot in the forum but only because i want to keep me updated about whats going on, but i dont played recently the game (exept today and yesterday) but as soon as i can i will like to do my own  3D animations and see it into the game (only for me,like is doing now in 2D skins).
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 03:38:11 am by Reiniat »
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies

Handyman

• Zostałem Południowcem !
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 07:34:58 am »

stop whining about 2d  it's to much work, you need to draw all the sides of char and etc ... just wait for 3d it will looks pretty good and same as 2d please wow i gonna harvest my chickens eggs so i can has some breakfast !
Why would you argue with someone, while you can kill him.

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 09:48:59 am »

3D is better anyway, because:
- You need to create a new animation and every 3D model will accept it in a matter of a few minutes
- Creating new (not recolored) model wouldn't take months, like in the case of 2D
- Every weapon look like it should look like, not just 5-7 types of weapon for everything
...there's more than 9000 advantages...

And only a singe disadvantage: it's quite hard to create a gore animations (while it's also hard to do with 2D).

So, this suggestion doesn't worth implementing.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 09:53:59 am by Graf »

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 12:04:15 am »

It won't happen, not because this idea is bad, but because 2238's 3D models are already being developed.
Closed.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 22 queries.