Author Topic: SDK Help: Making a new relief map and general info  (Read 2387 times)

SDK Help: Making a new relief map and general info
« on: April 21, 2011, 12:22:43 pm »
Hey, I just downloaded the SDK tonight and I've been cruising through the code learning as much as possible.

My friends and I want to try our hands at creating a new server and story based in the Southwestern USA all of the way up to the Midwest.  At any rate, first thing we are trying to do is create a new world map.  Has anyone done this before?  I know I need to make a relief map, but I've looked around so far and can't find any tutorials.

I found the default map used in the SDK (relief_tla.png).  Where is the location of the actual map image that the user sees when they are on the world map?

Finally, as a more general question, is it more useful to post questions about the SDK in the sub-topic, on the fonline.ru forum or in the IRC?  When answering, keep in mind that I'm a native English speaker.  I've been reading the fonline.ru forums using the Google Chrome translate option and that's working pretty well.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 12:34:18 pm by joopndufus »

Offline Surf

• это моё.
Re: SDK Help: Making a new relief map and general info
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 01:06:31 pm »
The actual worldmap picture is tiled and taken from your master.dat last time I checked. If you want to include your own map, put it in, for example, client/data/art/interface . There you have the default.ini , press ctrl+f and search for the term "worldmap", eventually you'll find it. Now you just rename it to the file you put there before , like "thisiscoolnewworldmap.png" and thats it. Note, that if the map is very large, you need to split it into smaller parts. The relief map you mentionend only determines the, duh, relief and water/mountains etc (unpassable terrain).