Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Do you like idea?

Yes
I have better idea
I dont like the idea
Did you see the moonwalking bear?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Make npcs fix your stuff for some caps  (Read 7033 times)

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
Re: Make npcs fix your stuff for some caps
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 03:27:31 pm »

So let players do it more safety. Atm. it's that you can't get repaired your weapon if repairer isn't your good friend because it will be stolen.
Make a repairboy or something like that activated like a trade window.
There is nothing as demotivating as the Game Masters

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 03:53:11 pm »

Nope. Players can do it. I'm not for this. I prefer interactions Players=>Players and not Players=>NPCs.

jup and players can also heal, but we have doctors, players can protect but we have guards, players can help but we have mercs, players can mine but we have item dissembling and slaves. I am for players with players interaction too, but having alternative will be only good not bad. And as i said no player will fix your 1000 deteriorated items, and in npcs it could be done pretty fast :> + We still lack ways how to spend money :>

Vedaras I think either those maintenance centers should repair your guns, or better, some random traders in the caravans, so that way you would be able to repair the gun your weilding without the risk of exploit like above-mentioned bozar :P And it would generate some risk of getting killed when looking for a caravan trader of course, so it wouldnt be exploitable just a complementary function of them

you think caravan found in the middle of desert will be able to fix your stuff and npcs repairers with all required tools and skills will not? Doesnt make sense man...
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 05:58:12 pm »

Nope. Players can do it. I'm not for this. I prefer interactions Players=>Players and not Players=>NPCs.

Agreed.

avv

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 06:19:01 pm »

jup and players can also heal, but we have doctor

Indeed, doctors are usually the last resort when it comes to healing, when you just can't find anyone to heal you. Why couldn't repair work the same way, players just need more reasons and chances to repair each other's stuffs. Right now the most likely result when you ask someone to repair your BA is that you have it stolen.

Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2010, 06:28:35 pm »

Indeed, doctors are usually the last resort when it comes to healing, when you just can't find anyone to heal you. Why couldn't repair work the same way, players just need more reasons and chances to repair each other's stuffs. Right now the most likely result when you ask someone to repair your BA is that you have it stolen.

exactly, and one more bad thing is damn repair cooldown, i have many stuff like  smgs flamers etc, and even though i have a repairman i dont have that many time to repair those items, npc fix shop would solve the problem.

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2010, 06:36:35 pm »

npc fix shop would solve the problem.
or my idea about RepairBoy (interact player-player as trade channel, just without giving item to anyone and without risky of steal)
There is nothing as demotivating as the Game Masters

yoz

• yoz ace / yoz kage
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2011, 10:21:43 am »

It is less of a hassle to level a repair alt than it is to look for a repairman and risk having your stuff stolen every time you need something repaired.

By not implementing repairing NPCs, you are not promoting player interaction, you are promoting alting.
Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children.
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2011, 02:33:14 pm »

By not implementing repairing NPCs, you are not promoting player interaction, you are promoting alting.

just because no players will talk to you, yoz

I made a repair man awhile ago, it cost different caps for different weapons and you needed to supply two weapons to make a new one. Never submitted because he liked stealing new weapons (ie if you had 2 broken shotguns and 1 new shotgun in your inventory he'd steal the new one) anyways, I'll find it.
20:49:58 • You encounter: Ghoul crazies.
20:50:01 • You were critically hit in the head for 55 hit points, knocked out and had your armor bypassed.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 05:14:54 pm »

just because no players will talk to you, yoz

I made a repair man awhile ago, it cost different caps for different weapons and you needed to supply two weapons to make a new one. Never submitted because he liked stealing new weapons (ie if you had 2 broken shotguns and 1 new shotgun in your inventory he'd steal the new one) anyways, I'll find it.

i think i need to drink a bit more to understand what you are saying

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2011, 05:53:24 pm »

An npc that took 2 weapons, some caps and returned 1 fixed weapon.

No reason why it couldn't work like that. Pop into chat to talk about new repair jesus.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 06:49:57 pm »

An npc that took 2 weapons, some caps and returned 1 fixed weapon.

No reason why it couldn't work like that. Pop into chat to talk about new repair jesus.

if so i think weapon break count should return to 0, in this case i thinkit would be ok :>
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2011, 04:41:50 am »

Yes, if we played in pony wonderland where people actually make clean business, trust each other and fucking others up isn't the main objective

Unless by player interaction you meant alts  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 26 queries.