"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 04, 2024, 10:48:28 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Warning about Rick  (Read 6203 times)

Re: Warning about Rick
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 08:40:05 pm »

Yes, and there are 2 sides you can take when defining "fun":
Devs+GMs or Normal Players
:P

Xarr

• Former Troll
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 08:40:38 pm »

Yes, and there are 2 sides you can take when defining "fun":
Devs+GMs or Normal Players
:P
false false...
 ;D
I used to be a bag of dicks, but then I grew up. I gave many of you guys a hard time, but on the other side I kept myself busy with helping players, and I never gave up on that.

Still, the FOnline community is a thing of it's own class.
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 08:48:04 pm »

You... So you're saying that:
Idiotolized killing, bazooka/grenade/minigun/smg/gatling/lsw/m60/bb gun killing, suicidal disarming and picking up guns, suicidal crippling, impersonating guard/cop, tent(or other AI stucking) exploiting, exit grid followers, overdose killing with super stims, traders' killing, traders' luring and closing with brahmins in pens or BoS bunker or jail and replacing trader with a slave with the same skin, bombing, stealing, planting, trolling, bursting, killing, exploding, melting, cutting in half, making holes in bodies, drawing images on ground with items, killing looters and looters of looters and looters of looters of looters, running away from guards, luring guards in corner leaving public place unguarded for a time, luring guards to trader in brahmin pens or jail and block them with him, cleaning town from guards, putting alot minerals and ore into lootable NPCs, so they will be overweighted after respawn and won't run, putting bazooka or minigun to Henry's body so he'll explode some bluesuiters after respawn when someone punch someone in his FoV, exploding workbrenches with dynamite, punching others infront of crazy bursting guards who will kill you, your victim and some random guys passing by, etc.
isn't fun, and you're being a Normal Player in the same time?

This crashed my entire system of beliefs and understanding of things.

Xarr

• Former Troll
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 08:49:53 pm »

This crashed my entire system of beliefs and understanding of things.
Welcome to FOnline!
I used to be a bag of dicks, but then I grew up. I gave many of you guys a hard time, but on the other side I kept myself busy with helping players, and I never gave up on that.

Still, the FOnline community is a thing of it's own class.

Aaron Tiger

• No witty personal text remark here, look elsewhere
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2011, 09:54:38 pm »

More guards is less fun? Being locked in a Brahmin pen is fun? The whole point of guarded towns is to provide safety for noobs and people who want to trade without the risk of being shot.
Also, thanks for agreeing to kill him :) I hope he burns.
[INSERT LOLCAT PICTURE HERE]

Aaron Tiger

• No witty personal text remark here, look elsewhere
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2011, 06:54:40 am »

Welcome to FOnline!

Just a common thief. You should go to NCR, there's even more of them.

Saw your edit, did this happen in Old Town, per chance?

You don't need to gun down my warnings by saying things like "Just another common thief," or something. It's just a warning to watch out for this guy. Just about every thread I've made has been torn to pieces by someone who doesn't agree with what I say. He's not a thief. 30+ people died. That's PKing.

[P.S] Whoops double post, sorry.
[INSERT LOLCAT PICTURE HERE]
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2011, 11:10:16 am »

You don't understand beauty of "guarded" towns, unfortunately evil GMs trying to regulate things and evil devs making guarded towns more boring with each update by making them really more guarded. Idiotolized killing, bazooka/grenade/minigun/smg/gatling/lsw/m60/bb gun killing, suicidal disarming and picking up guns, suicidal crippling, impersonating guard/cop, tent(or other AI stucking) exploiting, exit grid followers, overdose killing with super stims, traders' killing, traders' luring and closing with brahmins in pens or BoS bunker or jail and replacing trader with a slave with the same skin, bombing, stealing, planting, trolling, bursting, killing, exploding, melting, cutting in half, making holes in bodies, drawing images on ground with items, killing looters and looters of looters and looters of looters of looters, running away from guards, luring guards in corner leaving public place unguarded for a time, luring guards to trader in brahmin pens or jail and block them with him, cleaning town from guards, putting alot minerals and ore into lootable NPCs, so they will be overweighted after respawn and won't run, putting bazooka or minigun to Henry's body so he'll explode some bluesuiters after respawn when someone punch someone in his FoV, exploding workbrenches with dynamite, punching others infront of crazy bursting guards who will kill you, your victim and some random guys passing by, etc.
But what they're doing? Town reinforcements, changing reputation, NPCs don't follow anymore after death and Sha Enin became immortal GM-like impenetratable highlander, guards won't chase you from other corner of map, you can't loot most NPCs, still possible to expoit AI, but evil GM may teleport and kill you with his Force, lots people running around in CAs/BAs and noone cares, you can even stand afk there, guards killing too fast, can't escape from middle of public place anymore by walking to exit grid and talking to others at the same time, while guards shooting you. I wonder what will be in like a year, I think guarded towns will be dead, because nothing will happen there, boring guarded place where noone dies every 20-30 seconds, where you can't do anything fun, where all coming to trade with immortal NPCs, craft in uber-guarded workbrenches with 20 immortal stationary-guards-extrasenses with single-shot-wall-penetrating guns. Where you'll be killed before even think to kill someone.
May be some day guarded towns will become even more boring, but now there're few things left to do to have fun, unfortunately there're less and less things with each update.

Well said. This game is not about having fun no more. It's not the game it used to be, where players can make all kind of stupid and funny things. Slowly it becomes like any other MMORPG. FOnline used to be different, the game that allows you to be yourself and do everything you want (of course, if you can), now it just a boring game that gives birth to a new rule every day.  Wasteland is not harsh anymore, it becomes whiners heaven.

Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do!

« Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children! »  Section 8 official motto
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2011, 11:38:23 am »

Oh, stop whining zuhardu.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 11:43:43 am by Colombo »
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 11:41:30 am »

Wasteland is not harsh anymore, it becomes whiners heaven.
Untrue!

I was trying to help some guy recently get a tent
It took us a little while, and we almost had enough hides, them some guy enters our encounter.
I asked him twice if he was PK, with no reply. So i shot, missed, he bursted us and said "You shouldn't have shot".

We try again, got most of the hides... then some guy with a russian name and combat armor enters.
He knocked us out and took anything valuble. (He only took a stim i had and very little ammo, but not the hides)
Then he healed us and left.

So we headed back to town to grab some more ammo, and while he was trading, some theif stole his hides.
He ran away saying "I'm teaching him a lesson"
He was protected. I couldn't do anything.

What does this tell you? The wasteland is harsh.
Everything must change.
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2011, 12:30:53 pm »

Oh, stop whining zuhardu.

I can't. I am a sensitive guy.

What does this tell you? The wasteland is harsh.

Neah. It tells me you are a weak and unlucky player.
Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do!

« Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children! »  Section 8 official motto
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 02:36:45 pm »

When I first started playing this game when someone stole from you something there was a tag apearing on your head saying "Thief" what happend to that?
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2011, 02:41:45 pm »

what happend to that?
Removed... ;p
Well you could avoid it anyway by always shouting something non-stop and noone would see that tag. Also it makes guarded towns better for thieves and AI exploiters by not showing thier non-protection instantly, what's isn't that bad.
Unfortunately there's a thing with "Push", that allows you see if target is protected or not, I hope it'll be fixed some day.
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2011, 06:26:15 pm »

Unfortunately there's a thing with "Push", that allows you see if target is protected or not, I hope it'll be fixed some day.
You heretic.
The RavenousRat himself doesn't know, that Push works only for those, who lost protection by blocking a passage?!
Weren't we both testing it?!?!
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2011, 06:38:34 pm »

You heretic.
The RavenousRat himself doesn't know, that Push works only for those, who lost protection by blocking a passage?!
Weren't we both testing it?!?!
What?
If you're using "force push" on someone and he is protected - nothing will happen.
If you're using "force push" on someone and he isn't protected and has invisible <blocker> tag (in other words he lost protection because of blocking), he'll be pushed.
If you're using "force push" on someone and he isn't protected and has no <blocker> tag (he lost protection by stealing or attacking or may be some other reason, but not blocking) you'll see message in message box "This one isn't blocking.".

So, if you're using "force push" and see no message - he is protected, if you see message he's not protected.
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2011, 06:49:30 pm »

Oh.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 18 queries.