"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 28, 2024, 11:28:45 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Weapon deterioration confusion  (Read 1021 times)

Chewbakka

• Sarmatians
Weapon deterioration confusion
« on: April 14, 2011, 07:25:13 am »

Did a little searching and found this as the closest to answering my question...
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=5741.0

However, I dont understand why if I let an item get to 100% deter I can easily repair it to 0%, but if I have an item at 60% it only repairs say 20% at a time. When an item is "broken" and repaired easily to 0%, doesnt say has been repaired a few times. But if its at 80% on the first use and goes down to 60 or 40, still says it has seen a few repairs. Can a dev answer whether or not repairing an item before the first break is better/worst than waiting til 100% deter and easily repairing it to 0 on 1 attempt vs 4 repairs on a 80% item?

I guess what I am asking, does a repair before the "broken" status affect the broken count each time you repair it? Does a 80% deter *newly crafted* item that takes 4 repairs equal 4 broken repair counts or still leaves it at the same deterioration rate as a brand new item, even though it says it has seen a few repairs? Would seem off if an item takes 4 break counts to repair at 80% vs 1 break count from 100% to 0% deter.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 07:35:38 am by Chewbakka »
Re: Weapon deterioration confusion
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 08:30:30 am »

i heard from someone that %4 deter = %1 less chance to crit or something like that(maybe increasing miss chance? i dont remember well) but there is a penalty about that. So its always good to use %low deter guns.
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 09:16:49 am »

I think repairing before it reaches 100% broken status doesnt increase the break count but if you let it reach 100% and fix it to 0 in one go without the "it has seen repairs" description you definitely increase the brea kcount and deterioration rate.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 12:51:26 pm »

Everytime you repair it normally without being broken gives it break counts which speeds up deterioration until broken.  Once fixed in broken state, it is totally new (but break counts still apply)
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 04:02:13 pm »

Not really, check it out with Mr. Fixit perk and you'll see.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.